Phuket Braces for COVID Patient Increase

snoop1130

1253-2.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 7 (TNA) – The governor of Phuket province discussed treatment solutions for asymptomatic COVID-19 patients with local administrators as their rising number raised concern.

Phuket governor Narong Woonciew had the meeting with executives of local administration organizations, sub-district chiefs and village headmen in Phuket as mass testing confirmed 200-250 new daily COVID-19 cases over the past week among groups of at-risk people including construction workers, fishing crewmen, workers at wet markets and prison inmates.

About 85% of the new cases were green-coded asymptomatic patients whose number affected the availability of beds at conventional and field hospitals.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-775320

tnalogo.jpg

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Phuket is fast turning into a nightmare for some... tourist must be wondering what they came for.

Nightmare how exactly? Yes it's a bummer that nightlife is shut - they should reopen it fully to vaccinated customers - but restaurants are open, can order grab at any time, daytime activities are open if you're into day stuff, and the main tourism trade (girls...) is booming.

My only complaint (not really..) is I'm not single to enjoy it.????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Nightmare how exactly? Yes it's a bummer that nightlife is shut - they should reopen it fully to vaccinated customers - but restaurants are open, can order grab at any time, daytime activities are open if you're into day stuff, and the main tourism trade (girls...) is booming.

My only complaint (not really..) is I'm not single to enjoy it.????

He was talking about tourists, those that are here and arriving are not here for the girls, the majority are families, who would prefer a glass or wine or beer (legally) with the drinks in a restaurant and an evening in a bar no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Phuket is fast turning into a nightmare for some... tourist must be wondering what they came for.

And for those with no real reason to go to Phuket, other than a Holiday, will probably be looking at the situation now on the Island and be saying 

" you know what ?, there are many other equally as good, if not better destinations for our Holiday - we'll book there instead  ".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The recent outbreak is very migrant worker centric - fishing, construction etc. I wonder how these people or "patient(s) zero" managed to enter Phuket to work with initial testing and controls in place and without being detected? Your guess may be as good as mine.