Covid Certificate For International Travel: Application Process

BKKBike09

1 hour ago, Everyman said:

Can you show us what’s inside the yellow book?

I haven’t had much luck figuring out where to apply for this thing. You said the main MOPH building? I didn’t see that listed.

Anyone know of any services to take care of this?

i assume it is the last pic he attached

I had my International Certificate of Vaccination with me at my 2nd jab and requested it be completed correctly by Medpark Hospital , which they kindly did .    So as well as my other vaccinations ( Yellow Fever / Hep A,Hep B , Typhoid, Tetanus ,etc) I now have the Covid-19 vaccinations in an Internationally recognized document (WHO ) !!!   

As a previous ships master and onboard doctor I am well versed in what documents I had to carry travelling around the world !!!2000747250_InternationalCertificateofVaccination.thumb.jpeg.bb0ffda64c7bbd0aafbeca725f5beb7e.jpeg     

6 hours ago, goatfarmer said:

Would not the green certificate, "Thailand National Certificate of Covid 19 Vaccination" be sufficient evidence for travel?

Does this booklet add anything?

Possibly both, possibly neither, it doesn't really matter what a country issues, what matters is what the destination country will accept.  To the best of my knowledge there is no internationally agreed format for these documents yet and even when there is, you can bet your last dollar that there will be some country or other that won't accept them or requires translations/additional information - mentioning no names of course ????.

• Like 1

Prompted me to dig out my old WHO Yellow Vax Record Book for Covid Vax Record Update by Thai Hospital issuing the Thai Covid Cert., after my 2nd AZ next week. Thats my “Covid Passport” for Ttavel & Work…..INTL WHO Document, better than MOPH in fact and avoids the MOPH personal visit which I would never do anyway. Will keep the Covid Cert attached to WHO Yellow Book. Sorted I believe…..

11 hours ago, Jen65 said:

I had my International Certificate of Vaccination with me at my 2nd jab and requested it be completed correctly by Medpark Hospital , which they kindly did .    So as well as my other vaccinations ( Yellow Fever / Hep A,Hep B , Typhoid, Tetanus ,etc) I now have the Covid-19 vaccinations in an Internationally recognized document (WHO ) !!!   

As a previous ships master and onboard doctor I am well versed in what documents I had to carry travelling around the world !!!2000747250_InternationalCertificateofVaccination.thumb.jpeg.bb0ffda64c7bbd0aafbeca725f5beb7e.jpeg     

Good to know that they were happy to endorse your existing international certificate - but doesn't the way they've completed it make it appear that you've only had one shot (because it only lists one date)?

16 hours ago, goatfarmer said:

Would not the green certificate, "Thailand National Certificate of Covid 19 Vaccination" be sufficient evidence for travel?

Does this booklet add anything?

You may well be right. However, for those of us who have had a first shot in a different country, it's not possible (yet) to get that recognised and added to the domestic Thailand certificate. I had my second shot here (at Phyathai 2) and I've got nothing official to prove it. Maybe I could get something if I was registered on the MorPhrom App, but I can't get that to work despite having PR and a 13-digit ID number. 

Frankly the easiest way to get round this is to have a third shot here in Thailand so that the Thai records show two shots. Rather stupidly, I thought I'd be civic-minded and tell the folk here that I didn't need my second shot because I'd already had one in the UK, so they could give that dose to someone else. Plan B was to go to UK in Oct/Nov and get a third shot there, so I'd have a full UK vax record which I suspect will be more acceptable for international travel than a full Thai record. Of course, Red List 'n all now makes that unlikely. Ho hum.

Edited by BKKBike09
correction

11 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Prompted me to dig out my old WHO Yellow Vax Record Book for Covid Vax Record Update by Thai Hospital issuing the Thai Covid Cert., after my 2nd AZ next week. Thats my “Covid Passport” for Ttavel & Work…..INTL WHO Document, better than MOPH in fact and avoids the MOPH personal visit which I would never do anyway. Will keep the Covid Cert attached to WHO Yellow Book. Sorted I believe…..

I have my old WHO Yellow book, issued in the Federation of Malaya (!) in 1965. The last vax recorded was for Cholera in 1977, since which time it has been dormant. There is obviously no page for Covid vaccine, but if I stuck in a hospital certificate, I don't know whether that would work, and where. Herein lies the problem - a lack of uniformity and universality.

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

You may well be right. However, for those of us who have had a first shot in a different country, it's not possible (yet) to get that recognised and added to the domestic Thailand certificate. I had my second shot here (at Phyathai 2) and I've got nothing official to prove it. Maybe I could get something if I was registered on the MorPhrom App, but I can't get that to work despite having PR and a 13-digit ID number. 

Frankly the easiest way to get round this is to have a third shot here in Thailand so that the Thai records show two shots. Rather stupidly, I thought I'd be civic-minded and tell the folk here that I didn't need my second shot because I'd already had one in the UK, so they could give that dose to someone else. Plan B was to go to UK in Oct/Nov and get a third shot there, so I'd have a full UK vax record which I suspect will be more acceptable for international travel than a full Thai record. Of course, Red List 'n all now makes that unlikely. Ho hum.

You need to put in a Vax ID (13 digits)...starts with 600000, not your personal ID number. You can obtain from the hospital/place of inoculation.

samtam: plan to get Hospital to fully sign / stamp / integrate my thai covid jab record within the WHO book including counter- stamped / signed Covid Vax Cert attachment ! Building on what the ships doctor member said here on subject. cant do anymore…….

now what has never been discussed here re. Covid Jabs in Thailand is that sometimes ( my case) they do an “ interdermal” skin jab by razor of perhaps 20% dose of the full arm muscle needle jab. Is that known / effective / recommended outside Thailand ?  no control on that BUT will challenge next week during my second AZ jab…….

Interesting, Chiang Mai wants a copy of documents showing you are traveling along with the passport and vaccination certificate in their advertisement.  This video says I can get it immediately.  I think I saw another province was asking the same thing.  Any constructive comments?

2021 09  - Chiang Mai Provincia Health Office GPS 18.789990 - 98.964378.jpg

2 hours ago, samtam said:

You need to put in a Vax ID (13 digits)...starts with 600000, not your personal ID number. You can obtain from the hospital/place of inoculation.

Sadly I don't have a Vax ID - all I have is a piece of paper given to me by the hospital (Phayathai 2) which has the Lot No / Serial No of the dose administered there. Neither of those are 13 digit numbers. 

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

Sadly I don't have a Vax ID - all I have is a piece of paper given to me by the hospital (Phayathai 2) which has the Lot No / Serial No of the dose administered there. Neither of those are 13 digit numbers. 

If you ring the hospital, they will provide you with a 13 digit vax ID number. I too did not receive one when I was vaccinated, but after the introduction of the Mor Prom app, and in order for it to work, I called the hospital, (BNH Bangkok), and they gave it to me. In fact they only gave me a slip with the next appointment on it, with no other details, other than my name; no passport, no Thai ID, no hospital number etc. Hey presto, it works. (Originally my Mor Prom booking was using my Thai ID, but the hospital used my passport, and as a result, had to issue a 13 digit Vax ID.)

Edited by samtam

10 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Good to know that they were happy to endorse your existing international certificate - but doesn't the way they've completed it make it appear that you've only had one shot (because it only lists one date)?

yes, I had thought about that so I will just attach the Hospital Certificate which does actually show both dates .  Main thing for me was to try and get all my vaccinations on one approved document rather than having many bits of paper which are easily lost .

3 hours ago, samtam said:

If you ring the hospital, they will provide you with a 13 digit vax ID number. I too did not receive one when I was vaccinated, but after the introduction of the Mor Prom app, and in order for it to work, I called the hospital, (BNH Bangkok), and they gave it to me. In fact they only gave me a slip with the next appointment on it, with no other details, other than my name; no passport, no Thai ID, no hospital number etc. Hey presto, it works. (Originally my Mor Prom booking was using my Thai ID, but the hospital used my passport, and as a result, had to issue a 13 digit Vax ID.)

Thanks for the tip. I'll give the hospital a ring.