India shows promise as continued major visitor source market for Thailand

snoop1130

Oh such a warm and fuzzy feel good story.

16 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The average length of stay was less than 7 days (80% of survey respondents), between 7 and 14 days (15%), and 30 days or more (5%). The factors considered in travelling to Thailand were health, hygiene and safety (33% of respondents), connectivity (25%), competitive pricing (17%), and others (25%).

Not many staying more than a week, and one wonders what kind of coin they would spend while here.

The survey they refer to for the large majority of those wanting to visit seems to have come from 2019.  I wonder now, what kind of funds these same people who expressed interest back then have now and if they would still come now and not just a statement of "I would like to visit Thailand" to round out the facts for this as I said feel good story.

Depending on whether Thailand will reopen to Indian travellers in the last quarter of this year, the TAT Mumbai and New Delhi Offices continue to place focus on the first movers, including golf, wedding, and millennials.

The market outlook for 2022, lets hope that TAT has not been reading the tea leaves again and maybe if lucky will get half of the numbers they did in 2019

In 2019, a total of 1,961,069 Indians travelled to Thailand, generating tourism income of just over 80 million Baht

Looking at the money each tourist spent around 47k baht during their stay.....not a bucket load of money there.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok, 08 September, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to report that Thailand is one of the top three destinations Indians say they want to visit abroad, according to surveys on Indian travel needs.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.... 

• Like 1

The most recent survey conducted by Thomas Cook in June 2021. on 4,000 people discovered that 46% of them wanted to travel abroad.

I want to go to Mars... followed by Jupiter then Uranus.

There's a big difference between want & will.

• Like 1

The first of these scenarios envisions commercial flights being resumed from the major cities of New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, which would result in 24,500 Indians visiting Thailand during the 14-week period and generating income of 1.09 billion Baht.

The second scenario envisions weekly charter flights to Thailand from New Delhi and Mumbai in place of commercial flights, resulting in 4,200 Indians visiting and generating income of 187.7 million Baht.

The revenue estimation is based on 2019 records that Indian travellers spent on average 7 days on holidays with a trip expenditure of 44,688 Baht per person

The calculator must've been smoking more than the boffins at TAT

• Like 1

Let's celebrate. 65% of Indians say they want to travel and Thailand is one of the higher up destinations thy prefer.

...... Oh, wait a minute - it's 65% of 4,000 Indians (carefully) selected by an international travel agency!

Since the vast majority (perhaps 85%?) of tourists coming just prior to Covid, were low to middle income Indians, Chinese and Malaysians, they might as well stick to that segment of the market. Western interest in Thailand has been falling off, and Thailand cannot and will not attract the wealthy tourists they keep ranting about, for a dozen different reasons. So, stick with what you have. Tourism is going to be down anyway, no matter what they do. Likely only one million in 2022, with no restrictions, and only up to 5 million by 2026.

It is a sabotaged industry, and it appears that might be what they leaders wanted, in order to kill the nightlife here. It will devastate millions in the industry, but the leaders just do not care, one iota. 

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh such a warm and fuzzy feel good story.

Not many staying more than a week, and one wonders what kind of coin they would spend while here.

The survey they refer to for the large majority of those wanting to visit seems to have come from 2019.  I wonder now, what kind of funds these same people who expressed interest back then have now and if they would still come now and not just a statement of "I would like to visit Thailand" to round out the facts for this as I said feel good story.

The market outlook for 2022, lets hope that TAT has not been reading the tea leaves again and maybe if lucky will get half of the numbers they did in 2019

Looking at the money each tourist spent around 47k baht during their stay.....not a bucket load of money there.

47k???

I see them always negotiating the price down on everything. Often sharing a bottle of beer.

The sale of deodorants should go through the roof.

• Like 1