Is this forum going Stale

sanuk711

4 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Break out the lava lamps & roach clips....

Well, if we all had more of them the world would be a more mellow place. Maybe someone needs to mail a lava lamps and bongs to those in power. On a side note, right now in the US there are dozens or hundreds of Thai university students doing work and travel and enjoying the freedom of legally enjoying the weed there. And I've  heard that many are actually trying to stay on there by getting visas for students. Not sure how that's working out but many don't want to come back to LOS. They don't see it as the LOS or opportunity like their parents may have.

32 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I'm sorry you seem to be having such difficulties in reading comprehension... The question is, why should one be any different than the other.

Really Blackcab-- I don't often see impolite posts from you.  

So your feelings are that I should have read it that, all other sites in Thailand  ignore reporting of overseas events or having discussions on them.

Sorry if I read that wrong, but I haven't found that to be the case with the ones I have visited--- and I certainly have never seen a posting like the one below (I put) in red, basically telling its readers that posting about anything outside of Thailand -isn't wanted.

World News

This forum will not be updated after 31 March 2021..

Edited by sanuk711

54 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Sadly the World News part of the forum was discontinued. Don't know what to make of the recent "resurgence" but it's just one old thread, no new threads have been added since March 23rd.

A real shame because so much is happening around the world that affects us all. They blamed it on the cost of getting news articles posted (correct me if I'm wrong) but why can't they just let members start threads and link to articles in the international press (while following forum rules)?

Too boring for you?Sorry,i saw an open door.No harm meant.

41 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I'm sorry you seem to be having such difficulties in reading comprehension... The question is, why should one be any different than the other.

No, that's not the question. You asked: "Most Thai nationals don't know or care about anything going on outside of Thailand... Why should this forum be any different?"

It was then pointed out to you by myself and others that this forum is tailored to expats and foreigners with an interest in Thailand and other ASEAN nations.

So if there's anyone with a reading comprehension issue it's you BobinBKK, not us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

No, that's not the question. You asked: "Most Thai nationals don't know or care about anything going on outside of Thailand... Why should this forum be any different?"

It was then pointed out to you by myself and others that this forum is tailored to expats and foreigners with an interest in Thailand and other ASEAN nations.

So if there's anyone with a reading comprehension issue it's you BobinBKK, not us.

I know what the question was and I know what I asked. If you fail to comprehend that, it's not my problem. You can spin it all you want and it still doesn't change the question, period!!!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:
51 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Apologies to Blackcab--- I got that wrong, posting your name not BobinBKK---- a trip to spec Savers is due.

Sorry Mate.............................????

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

I agree with the OP 100%.

It is also very slow on even the most topical threads, and is obvious on the 'polls' - not many here now?

I would also add there are some former, frequent posters conspicuous by their recent absence, won't name names but I fear they have jumped ship to an alternate forum and not told us ????

There are a few who post on both fora with the same names though. OK.

I think with the vast number of moronic politicians (and their moronic supporters) around the world, it was hard work modding the World News forum...  Just a bun fight between forum members ????

As for that other forum, I went and had a look a few months ago.  Too much coarse language..... too many tin-hatters ????

It would be nice to discuss world topics in a civilised manner, but I'm afraid that many members never learnt good manners - sign of the times maybe?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

It would be nice to discuss world topics in a civilised manner, but I'm afraid that many members never learnt good manners - sign of the times maybe?

Isn't that what mods are for Simon--

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

And yes, this site is going stale. People ask questions and everyone has different points of view. Then miserable hacks like you come along and start arguments because people think differently than you.

You really don't make any sense now.

Note to self; don't drink and write.

Ooooo, I know. There are separate forums for Thailand, Philippines , Vietnam , Cambodia , Indonesia , Laos , Malaysia , Burma , Singapore and Brunei ................. Gasp

But why no separate forums for China , Taiwan and Hong Kong. ???  They are in Asia too.

Not so that we could discuss what's happening in those places but so that the next time there is a thread about Asian women ( who has the biggest boobs maybe ? ) there would be more to choose from by greater comparison.

Having said that , I notice that now even Lazada does not mention those places as a source for advertised products ??  They are now sold as coming from ' overseas ' rather than China.

Are those 3 places totally taboo ?  Do I need a tin hat ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

For some of the Remainers, Brexit is still not over.

Time for www.express.co.uk to realize that .... seems still hurting al what (U.K. had ..)is not like before anymore.... yeah... get over it  brexteers ... your out ????

In E.U. if looking very  hard 0.5% to find about brexit , in U.K. news the missing 99.5% whining brexit articles .... ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Time for www.express.co.uk to realize that .... seems still hurting al what (U.K. had ..)is not like before anymore.... yeah... get over it  brexteers ... your out ????

In E.U. if looking very  hard 0.5% to find about brexit , in U.K. news the missing 99.5% whining brexit articles .... ????

www.excess.co.uk

The Brexiteer's bible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

“benefits of Biden……” : makes only bad decisions,so offers no benefit, just huge incalculable negative impact………

Oh - so the same as all Presidents since I have drawn breath.

But you can't Bush Trump - or you can't Trump Bush

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

It seems some may have forgotten "bedlam" discuss pretty much what you like and the rules are more relaxed.

Just need over 500 posts to access it.

Just a suggestion.

I didn't even know of it---seems a good idea.....great name, the London Lunatic asylum..... Liverpool st station is there now.

• Like 1