Is this forum going Stale

sanuk711

15 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

typical. my response to your OP never mentioned the wars you regularly lose, just your comment regarding most people on this forum....maybe go back and read what you wrote

We have always been at war with Eastasia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

On the issue of rudeness this is a general comment on the political debate here in 2020 not relating to a particular poster. 

All politicians exaggerate or lie but, to many on the left and right what happened in 2020 was something different, dangerous and baffling. Baffling in that it seemed that millions were willing to accept obvious lies as OK. Things read in books like 1984 were coming true in the United States.

When people defended indefensible outright lies, on say election fraud or on covid or on numbers at a rally,  it was hard not to reply in a strong manner and those replies may have sometimes seemed like a personal insult, because you could see the poster was reasonably intelligent in other ways, and you might want them to snap back to reality.

Of course the poster might dispute the degree to which their post veered from reality and think that the other person is stifling debate. But at some point there is some sort of objective reality and if you let that concept go then anything goes.  

This is not aimed at getting into a political debate, and some may still believe in unproven conspiracy theories, but I guess the more outlandish or lazy, in terms of fact checking, the point of view, the more someone might expect a passionate response.

Given that your post is IMO political, and that we can not respond in kind, IMO you should not be posting tempting subject matter lest we all suffer the consequences, of which I am not permitted to comment on.

16 hours ago, rumak said:

I think WE ALL AGREE  that what you wrote above is true.    The only dispute is WHICH SIDE of the political spectrum is the one that was doing such evil things.   (BIG SMILE)

Then again,  there are a very few here that understand the REAL TRUTH (source : Rumak) .

The real truth is that EVERYONE,  every political power seeking group,  every biased institution,

every "paid for"  expert ...................... is corrupted by their own greed and desire for power.

That is the reason it is so humorous ( in a tragic way)  to see supposedly grown men fighting over who is to blame for the condition of this forum......... or the WORLD ,   for that matter

peace,  and love,  and harmony ............... all people working for the common good .     hahahaha

better turn on the Disney Channel  if you want to see that

As always, you post rarely, but when you do you have something real to say. Well done and keep up the good work ????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps because we are stupid enough to allow them?

We make the job so unpleasant that no honest person of any competence would choose it instead of any other career.  We thus pre-select only the incompetents, narcissists, fraudsters and thieves by the nature of the job and the way that they are treated by press and public. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

That will challenge the intellect of many. 

I don't think so.  Those that understand, will understand.  Those that do not understand, will not search to find out.  You cannot inform the ignorant by your own knowledge.  I learnt that long enough to know that I should never be a teacher.

My buddy, who struggled, was a great teacher, because he could describe how he struggled, how he learnt, and how he succeeded.  

The late Sir Isaac Newton was not a great teacher - he had a great idea, but others rolled that out.  Had he been Malaysian, and slept under a coconut tree, we might still be wanting for a theory of gravity from the late Isaac Newton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Nobody votes? People are too stupid

Your vote matters nothing.

People run for office, and their campaign cost is born by special interest groups. Who often back multiple candidates.

As soon as one of them wins, the backers are there with their hands out, and dictating policy.

Remember the Golden Rule - he who has the gold makes the rules.

It was ever so

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 6:40 AM, zzaa09 said:

Which begs the obvious question: Why do we have politicians? 

Tradition?

It's required in a democracy.  Politicians are elected leaders who--in theory--represent the people who elected them.  I'd imagine you wouldn't have politicians in a dictatorship as the dictator would appoint anyone he/she sees fit. 

Having said that, a democracy can be a real mess if the citizenry can't even agree on basic facts.  Which is what we currently have in America. 

There is another Thailand forum out there with thrilling threads like. 

"What did you have for breakfast?"

"Post a photo of your lunch"

"What did you have for morning tea?"

"What did you have for dinner?"

"Post a photo of your breakfast"....

????????????????

1 hour ago, sipi said:

????????????????

IMG20210916135006.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sipi said:

????????????????

A Thailand-themed forum that is overwhelmed by narrow and intolerant Eurocentrism - 

Twisted paradox.