Is this forum going Stale

sanuk711

31 minutes ago, rumak said:

Stale ??  Are you guys crazy ?    Now look here.  Crossy has just offered this tantalizing topic to twist your tongues around :  

Anyone making UK style pickled eggs? - Care to share your secrets?

By Crossy

Ok,  now Crossy is a favorite of mine amongst the "you know who" ........   so I am risking 4 months in an Isaan pineapple prison for the above  humor !    " Thanks Ollie,  that's another fine pickle you've gotten me in to !"

don't y'all just miss rumak?     byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I miss your posts pal. Never take yourself too seriously. Plenty of sarcasm. 

Shame there isnt a thread dedicated where people enter at their own risk so to speak, where the doom sayers could stay away and continue to covid wallow or whatever they want to be depressed about, as to not cause offence. 

I’ve seen such threads on other sites.   

Sadly can’t ever see it happening on here. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, sanuk711 said:

I didn't even know of it---seems a good idea.....great name, the London Lunatic asylum..... Liverpool st station is there now.

Last time that I used Liverpool St station it seemed to have reverted to type.

Quite a long time ago, back in the days when Air Asia used to fly Stansted to Kuala Lumpur!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shdmn said:

The world news comments were a cesspool.  Glad to see it go.  Problem is now the negativity is polluting other threads more.  They need to do something about that and it seems pretty obvious to me what they should do.

I suspect everyone expected this - the overflow into other areas where such types don't have a place, yet attempt to "fit in" where they obviously stand out as an eye sore with little or no association, relationship or understanding of the general forum thematic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, shdmn said:

The world news comments were a cesspool.  Glad to see it go.  Problem is now the negativity is polluting other threads more.  They need to do something about that and it seems pretty obvious to me what they should do.

They should ban people. Maybe the ones you don’t like, or just at random, as a warning.  They should employ bots to post upbeat, cheery open-ended comments; or just comments, to keep the hit count up and the advertising revenue coming in…

Just a minute… 

How long ago did that happen?
Did you knew that about this, Crossy?

____ Tick here if you are not a robot

On 9/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, Saltire said:

I would also add there are some former, frequent posters conspicuous by their recent absence, won't name names but I fear they have jumped ship to an alternate forum and not told us ????

So did that annoying guy who was impersonating a Thai girl [or ladyboy], was too glad when he left about a year ago, hence I won't be seen over there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

And what - pray tell - is the Obvious thing to do ?

Inquiring minds want to know

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

So did that annoying guy who was impersonating a Thai girl [or ladyboy], was too glad when he left about a year ago, hence I won't be seen over there.

Somebody on another forum was adamant that they (guy) were real and that they hung out together in BKK.

4 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

whatever gave you that idea ? such typical American thinking, my view of the forum is a bit more International.

Back in the day, my country tried to enforce its will on warlords at the other side of the world.  The local big-nobs wanted to dictate how things were done in their mountains and drug farms regardless of the opinion of the natives, or international modern thinking.  

We did not get the support that we subsequently got in Rhodesia, and the American people have suffered most dreadfully from the consequences at the hands of our UDI colonial settler brethren there, but I think that then we learnt that it is very difficult to enforce domestic policy overseas.

Maybe the world would have been a better place if we had accelerated devolution, handed the nation back to the Indians, and torched the tobacco fields.  We all make mistakes, and sometimes we don't admit that they were mistakes.  They could still accept the crown, if only they were not so full of their own extravagant hubris.

Glad to see the world news forum go!

"Religion and politics often make some people lose all perspective and give way to ranting and raving and carrying on like emotional children"

I had a opinion like most and I was always mindful of the rules! What was upsetting was the insults that were sent my way !

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

Agree 100%. Certain posters were IMO more intent on attacking other posters that they considered had the wrong political opinions than in actually contributing to the discussion.

I thought they'd give up when the cesspool ended, but I see familiar usernames in attack mode on other subforums now. Took a while for them to appear, but they're back!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Glad to see the world news forum go!

"Religion and politics often make some people lose all perspective and give way to ranting and raving and carrying on like emotional children"

I had a opinion like most and I was always mindful of the rules! What was upsetting was the insults that were sent my way !

I tried to participate a few times in some of the discussions in the world forum.

Lesson learned,if you try to reason with fanatics they will only turn into extremists.

No one is as blind as the person who will not see,facts did not seem to matter to most and they keep

bringing up things that are totally irrelevant to the topic.

I am now trying to keep away from such topics,not always easy but i just try to not read them anymore.

American politics,gunlaws,minorities,you can have them,no longer for me.

Edited by jvs

On the issue of rudeness this is a general comment on the political debate here in 2020 not relating to a particular poster. 

All politicians exaggerate or lie but, to many on the left and right what happened in 2020 was something different, dangerous and baffling. Baffling in that it seemed that millions were willing to accept obvious lies as OK. Things read in books like 1984 were coming true in the United States.

When people defended indefensible outright lies, on say election fraud or on covid or on numbers at a rally,  it was hard not to reply in a strong manner and those replies may have sometimes seemed like a personal insult, because you could see the poster was reasonably intelligent in other ways, and you might want them to snap back to reality.

Of course the poster might dispute the degree to which their post veered from reality and think that the other person is stifling debate. But at some point there is some sort of objective reality and if you let that concept go then anything goes.  

This is not aimed at getting into a political debate, and some may still believe in unproven conspiracy theories, but I guess the more outlandish or lazy, in terms of fact checking, the point of view, the more someone might expect a passionate response.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

On the issue of rudeness this is a general comment on the political debate here in 2020 not relating to a particular poster. 

All politicians exaggerate or lie but, to many on the left and right what happened in 2020 was something different, dangerous and baffling. Baffling in that it seemed that millions were willing to accept obvious lies as OK. Things read in books like 1984 were coming true in the United States.

When people defended indefensible outright lies, on say election fraud or on covid or on numbers at a rally,  it was hard not to reply in a strong manner and those replies may have sometimes seemed like a personal insult, because you could see the poster was reasonably intelligent in other ways, and you might want them to snap back to reality.

Of course the poster might dispute the degree to which their post veered from reality and think that the other person is stifling debate. But at some point there is some sort of objective reality and if you let that concept go then anything goes.  

This is not aimed at getting into a political debate, and some may still believe in unproven conspiracy theories, but I guess the more outlandish or lazy, in terms of fact checking, the point of view, the more someone might expect a passionate response.

Which begs the obvious question: Why do we have politicians? 

Tradition?

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think WE ALL AGREE  that what you wrote above is true.    The only dispute is WHICH SIDE of the political spectrum is the one that was doing such evil things.   (BIG SMILE)

Then again,  there are a very few here that understand the REAL TRUTH (source : Rumak) .

The real truth is that EVERYONE,  every political power seeking group,  every biased institution,

every "paid for"  expert ...................... is corrupted by their own greed and desire for power.

That is the reason it is so humorous ( in a tragic way)  to see supposedly grown men fighting over who is to blame for the condition of this forum......... or the WORLD ,   for that matter

peace,  and love,  and harmony ............... all people working for the common good .     hahahaha

better turn on the Disney Channel  if you want to see that

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that would require commenting on things the rules forbid us to comment on, it's unlikely you will get a reply, but you might have known that anyway.

As I asked the question of the person who made the post, I expect him to answer.

1 hour ago, rumak said:

I think WE ALL AGREE  that what you wrote above is true.    The only dispute is WHICH SIDE of the political spectrum is the one that was doing such evil things.   (BIG SMILE)

Then again,  there are a very few here that understand the REAL TRUTH (source : Rumak) .

The real truth is that EVERYONE,  every political power seeking group,  every biased institution,

every "paid for"  expert ...................... is corrupted by their own greed and desire for power.

That is the reason it is so humorous ( in a tragic way)  to see supposedly grown men fighting over who is to blame for the condition of this forum......... or the WORLD ,   for that matter

peace,  and love,  and harmony ............... all people working for the common good .     hahahaha

better turn on the Disney Channel  if you want to see that

I agree in a sense. Watching shows like Narcos, and seeing what went on behind the scenes in governments of both sides, was shocking. No doubt just the tip of the iceberg.

In that sense what happened in recent years was refreshing in that the lies came out more to the surface which was kind of a form of honesty. But it was still shocking that the lies on the surface weren't seen as lies by some. 

In some ways getting rid of news was good. Stop me thinking too much about that stuff. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Whatever gave me the idea that we lost that war Bangkokhatter ? Much the same way I view the loss in the Vietnam war---i.e = all the people we were fighting now rule the country, all the people from there fighting with us are running 7-11 shops................:coffee1:

typical. my response to your OP never mentioned the wars you regularly lose, just your comment regarding most people on this forum....maybe go back and read what you wrote