Fiancee Visa - Timing of application for Leave to Remain as Spouse

It's been a while so the check the gov't website, but when my wife got her USA K-1 visa, it had arrive in the US within 90 days of issue. Upon arrival in the States, we had to marry with 90 days.  Given the uncertain world travel situation I would err on the side of caution and get her there early! Good luck! ????

36 minutes ago, donmuang37 said:

It's been a while so the check the gov't website, but when my wife got her USA K-1 visa, it had arrive in the US within 90 days of issue. Upon arrival in the States, we had to marry with 90 days.  Given the uncertain world travel situation I would err on the side of caution and get her there early! Good luck! ????

Sorry for not making it clear.

They are in the UK, just got married there.

• Thanks 1

Why would they want to wait until the visa is almost expired ?  Unless they are unable to meet the financial requirements for the extension as a spouse ?  Until the spouse application is made and FLR is granted, she cannot work or use the NHS. It makes sense to do it early.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony M said:

Why would they want to wait until the visa is almost expired ?  Unless they are unable to meet the financial requirements for the extension as a spouse ?  Until the spouse application is made and FLR is granted, she cannot work or use the NHS. It makes sense to do it early.

Why not?

That is my question...no issue with meeting criteria, what benefits are there in applying 'early'.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, hotandsticky said:

Why not?

That is my question...no issue with meeting criteria, what benefits are there in applying 'early'.

A friend recently married and is doing his wife's application now. He said that he couldn't see any benefit but equally there was no benefit in delaying. He was ready to go, just had a few months of financials to put together. 

He did comment that apart from a handful of new questions the application for Leave to Remain was easy because he had most of the information/documents from her original Fiancee visa application.

The main benefit really is over the long-term. Having been through the whole process right through to citizenship and getting my wife her passport it is exceedingly time-consuming, lengthy and expensive. The sooner you start then the sooner you can finish and from experience by the end of it all everyone is exhausted.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bigyin said:

The main benefit really is over the long-term. Having been through the whole process right through to citizenship and getting my wife her passport it is exceedingly time-consuming, lengthy and expensive. The sooner you start then the sooner you can finish and from experience by the end of it all everyone is exhausted.

As above.

• Like 1