DHL Delivery

Robin

Recently I have had 2 deliveries from DHL.  First was new debit card from UK.  Delivered correctly but driver left without asking for a signature,.

Second was item ordered on line.  Sent DHL tracking number by supplier and eventually delivered.   Again driver left without asking for o getting a signature.  Thsi package had been opened and re-sealed and contents stolen.  When I contacted supplier, they were not surprised and claim to be sending a repeat order.

Just what are DHL Thailand up to.  I cannot believer tha they deliver packages nd do not want the receiver to sign for receipt.  How do they think that they have evidence of delivery?

I thought that DHL were a respectable company that could be relied on to delive securely, but not it seems in Thailand.  No better than Thai Post.  Beware!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This is not my experience, if you live in a house. Condo is different but house normally i always need to sign for DHL.

But if your not there and stuff like that there might be drivers that opt to fake a signature and deliver. I would always complain about this because this is dangerous. Should not be allowed. I wonder if drivers get paid extra if they cant make a delivery and have to do it again.

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Part of Covid rules, no interaction. It is digitally recorded as delivered by the driver.

In my Condo here in BKK they must deliver it to the front office where the staff signs the tablet they use to record delivery.  No dropping and running.  In fact last Friday, when DHL delivered my package from overseas they called me and met me at the front of the building where they handed it to me and I signed the tablet after which the delivery driver produced hand sanitizer for me, himself and then wiped off his tablet and the stylus used.  Very professional in my book.  I have never had anything delivered by DHL to go missing, stolen, or unsigned for.  I guess YMMV wherever you are and then the delivery person themselves.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

I was planning to have some personal items along with credit card and UK driving licence send out with DHL. Not so sure now. OP how long did it take for delivery ?

Got my debit card and my online banking widget no problem.

They only open packages containing goods? To check for customs. Like my variator weights from Malaysia. Described as nuts for motorbike and valued a 2 ringgits each. (Total 24 ringgit). No duty required.

I have recently had a large size item delivered by DHL from the U.S and a book from the UK. I live in Doi Saket, Chiang Mai.    I signed for both.  Also, it is not unusual to have Thai Customs open a package.  Can usually tell it was resealed by the tape they use.  I have some valuables items sent fairly regularly and I actually prefer DHL.  Very good tracking, and in fact usually arrives earlier than expected.  Never had a problem.

24 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

I was planning to have some personal items along with credit card and UK driving licence send out with DHL. Not so sure now. OP how long did it take for delivery ?

Got mine sent out placed inside folded paper and bubblewrap to disguise it. Arrived in 10 days by Royal Mai./Thaipost.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

@CharlieH is quite correct. I've had deliveries from a variety of couriers and none of them ask for a signature. It's wise also not to use COD. They much prefer you not to.

When I know a delivery is on the way i put out a small table and leave the gate ajar.  They put the package on the table and we give each other a thumb's up. I think they appreciate it.

Yup, same experience with recent non signature deliveries. Usually they request a photo and I am fine with a nerdy smile!!

As for the recent piling on DHL Thailand. Have to say that my experience is only positive. Have had a number of laptops, plus other items, sent to me from UK (most recent end of last year) plus numerous document  deliveries. All arrived with no problem and all charges, if applicable, were as expected. 

Only issue I had was with DHL UK where a document dispatch from Thailand was delayed due to incorrect handling in the UK. The Thailand office looked into my complaint and gave me a bank credit for the cost of the courier.

• Like 2