Xenophobic behavior/behaviour

Confuscious

13 minutes ago, transam said:

I got free C19 jabs using my Yellow house book, it has a 13 number Thai ID number in it...????

I did it with tax card that has an ID number on it, why do some people find things so difficult? Just been sent the pass on mor prom, although I imagine it's going to be of little use, certainly none for international travel.

When you get vaccinated you get allocated a 13 digit number and that goes into the linked system that tracks whether you are vaccinated or not. So I doubt any issues at all with a vaccination card, you automatically get an online one with your first vaccine shot. Just scan the QR code on your paper or email version and it will show you your online card. Note do not post your QR code as it also contains personal details and passport number.

I also have a pink card so now have two different 13 digit numbers.

These guy's are so brilliant,  and that goes without saying.  Not only does it require a Thai ID card to get the health passport,  but the certificate that is issued saying that a person has had two injections,  doesn't come with a name on it.  It has the Mor Phom official seal on it.  Two dates of does, name and batch number of the dose.  This comes with green background and statement  of certification.  This for an entrepreneur, is a way to beat the system.  All one need to do is take a screen shot, share with a friend who hasn't been vaccinated,  which I dont recommend any of this, that friend  saves to his phone.  Each time that friend enters a restaurant,  since it's mor Phom, and all a farang can get as proof(no mame is in documents of proof)or they enter anywhere required to show this... well just show the screen shot.  It goes without saying, and I hear it all the time.  Thais will always do you a favor.

11 hours ago, alyx said:

Uncalled for. Hopefully pun intended. You do condone double pricing ? Heard of BLM and Asian hate ? In other countries it is called racial profiling. This behaviour is definitely not acceptable and has nothing to do with one's citizenship...but what would you know ? 

So you just quoted everything that is wrong with the US. lol Yet there are murders everyday related to racial profiling in the US. Most western countries are a bloody mess. Perhaps fix up your own back yard first. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Racism wasn't shown to me, was it, and I was the only farang, perhaps my yellow book was the key...?  ????

Racism is not something one sees, although actions speak louder than words as they say. My wife even tells me that Thai's don't like farangs, however they tolerate us.

We could argue about this for a lifetime, I have never seen racism from Thai's with or without my yellow book, pink ID etc, however I know they tolerate us, I could go on and say some teachers even put us down to their students, noting that both of our daughters have asked why and even one teacher calling our EuroAsian daughter something that should never been said in a school or to a child, this was a private school, and that teacher was removed for his comment when we brought it to the attention of the principal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

They didn’t… but as always, those in positions of power were clambering for their moment in the spotlight…,

Hence, numerous clumsy, I’ll thought out announcements which often contradicted the other.

Let's just agree to disagree.

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

A troll post full of homophobic comments and the replies have been removed. 

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Racism is not something one sees, although actions speak louder than words as they say. My wife even tells me that Thai's don't like farangs, however they tolerate us.

Very true, Thais don't generally like foreigners. Actually, many foreigners here don't really like foreigners. Kinda screwed up, many think that all Thais like them and don't know there are names for 13 different Thai smiles. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2