Xenophobic behavior/behaviour

Confuscious

2 hours ago, pookondee said:

Of course it doesnt help much when Thais see foreigners half dressed or stumbling around drunk

or in buses with their feet sitting up the top of the headrest

Selective goggles there… I kind of agree, but Thais do not think all foreigners are scummy pi$$heads because they saw a few. 

Thai’s behave equally as poorly as foreigners, perhaps worse - we are not judged by Thai’s we (foreigners) are hardly noticed (outside of tourist areas). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Some people seems to think that they are entitled to everything a Thai has as a foreigner and also things back in their home country which is not logical. 

A citizen of a country always have more rights than foreigners. We have got to accept that.

I know a lot of Western countries where "foreigners (illegal immigrants)" are entitled to more benefits as the local people.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Brutal, yet so true….

It’s not xenophobia, rather in some cases it’s disgust !!! ????

I’m not suggesting I (or anyone I know) is better than anyone else, but in some cases I’d be horrified is placed in the same bracket, not just by Thais, but by anyone who can readily recognise a bogan !!! (Love that Aussie term!) 

The great thing is that Thailand seems to have a civilizing influence on most of these people. Whereas in their own countries they'd be going up to strangers in the street to start a fight for fun, in Thailand people are so polite, there's so much to do, they're having so much sex, they're a lot more relaxed.

• Haha 1

Same “Alien Reg.No.” on Thai Pink ID Card, Yellow House Book & Tax Cert.

WHO Yellow Intl. Vax Card is Known & Accepted Worldwide.

Thai Covid Passport will not be accepted outside Thailand.

It should have Duplicated the WHO vax booklet…….

Tomorrow I shall get my Completed 2nd Jab AZ Cert. from Public Hospital and get them or the vax centre to so stamp / sign / certify / incorporate within WHO booklet. Job Done. Maximum Effort.

Not going to MOPH Bkk with Air Ticket for the Thai Covid Passport.

What nonsense to not have local  hospitals issue that……in WHO Form.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Brutal, yet so true….

It’s not xenophobia, rather in some cases it’s disgust !!! ????

I’m not suggesting I (or anyone I know) is better than anyone else, but in some cases I’d be horrified is placed in the same bracket, not just by Thais, but by anyone who can readily recognise a bogan !!! (Love that Aussie term!) 

More often than not, appears to be this same class of Farang [resident or tourist] that don't recognize all of these nasty character traits in themselves, yet sure spot it in Thais - and invent some sort of inferior distance.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just look at the Thai Roads, how people cut each other off etc...  this indifference towards each other manifests itself more clearly than ever on the roads !

Fancy that - foreigner who thinks all Thai drivers are bad...... good start!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

Of course they look with disgust at some foreigners. You should see my look when I see some of these foreigners. That's the single largest downside, next to driving and pollution, to life in Thailand, the standard of foreigners is, shall we say, "eclectic".

I'm amazed how Thais put up with some of these visitors.

Agree with you on this one

12 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

, I just sneer back at any   person  who cannot behave like a human,, and believe me I have perfected my sneer  to the nth degree now.. 

Ok but maybe it's best to ignore these people as much as possible: Don't engage them in this sneering  negativity, ie. don't even look at them. Some of them thrive on this staring business. Otherwise that's all your going to be doing all day with some of these people. They ain't worth it. In  a rude encounter just say same to you walk away. 

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

I thought you already have a Thai Id card, so why is it difficult to get Pfizer for you?

Do they look at visa for foreigners before issuing vaccines? They didn't even look at my visa.

That's my point, it's easier for foreigners, they are ahead in the queue. 

For some expat sites, they ask to upload a visa copy.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai’s behave equally as poorly as foreigners, perhaps worse - we are not judged by Thai’s we (foreigners) are hardly noticed (outside of tourist areas). 

The ones the wear a Chang wife-beater vest are. 

I can't believe how some, who have been here for a few years still don't know how scruffy this looks, or why their gf's don't tell them to dress properly. 

In Big C the other day, there was a guy in KFC wearing a vest and what looked like swimming trunks, unbelievable.  Can only imagine is is a serious sweat issue.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well, if you can’t read properly there is no chance you know what I actually ’think’... 

I have not written ‘All Thai drivers are bad’ - You wrote that, you interpreted that from my comments. 

To clarify...   the manner in which people in Thailand drive highlights an attitude of general indifference towards each other.

Now... I can keep explaining that for you, but sadly I can’t understand it for you. 

QED - a Xenophobic attitude to Thai people - derived from how you perceive they drive.

You premise is wrong and irrational thought is of course an essential ingredient of phobias.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I reckon there are not 5% of farangs here who are able (municipal or landlord says no), qualified ( long term property lease/ owner / thai witness/ various docs) and willing ( apathy, no real  use, very arduous extended & intrusive municipal process) to get the Yellow House Book and then Pink Card (separate interview in different dept. or Interior Ministry). Most falling at the “able” municipal hurdle……

On 9/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, Confuscious said:

There were a lot of advertising poles and I could read that it was about "free internet".
So, with the help of my daughter (walking dictionary) I went to such a pole to register for free internet.
The I didn't get any further than the page where they asked my 13-digit ID-card number.
Luckely, my daughter was with me and I typed my daughter's ID-Card number but gave my phone number.
I have now FREE INTERNET in Terminal 21, despite not having a Thai ID-Card.

What's wrong with using the internet you get through your phone service provider?  What do you need T21's free internet for? 

• Like 1

dont get the OP free wifi obssession. 210 baht gets you 4G everywhere without this weird wifi service dependence when out from home……

its official. WHO Intl. Vax Card cannot be updated by Thai Hospitals for Govt. Covid Vax Shots. They WILL give you a Thai Covid Certificate, with Vax Ventre Shot Confirmation Ticket.

MOPH Bangkok will give you a Thai Vax Card, upon personal visit/air tkt.

No, thanks.

my experience is with the phuket win AZ vax website.

completed 2nd AZ Shot yesterday.

1 hour ago, Thunglom said:

QED - a Xenophobic attitude to Thai people - derived from how you perceive they drive.

You premise is wrong and irrational thought is of course an essential ingredient of phobias.

Another one suffering a fundamental issue with comprehension.

There is derived perception....    driving standards in Thailand are poor, that is a fact. 

That fact is backed up by accident statistics and road deaths. 

You are one of these fools who thinks that if a factual observation is made by a foreigner they are ‘anti-Thai’, or ’Thai-bashing’, on this case, I have a xenophibic attitude towards Thai’s.

No irrational thought - balanced opinion. 

What say you of my Thai friends who’s attitudes towards the general standard of driving on the roads are the same as mine (and pretty much anyone else who’s witnessed the standards of driving here without the rose tinted apologist specks) ?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

nothing “perceived” about thai driving. observation & statistics tell all.

”phobia” means irrational fear.  rational to fear thai roads.

thai driving is clearly TERRIBLE.

but this should not rationally link to uniformly disliking thais.

sorry but you are wrong. ...and you have no idea about statistics - 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Thunglom said:

How is it xenophobic to point out that Thai people drive dangerously poorly? That's not a "perception", that's a hard fact. Look at the accident statistics! What phobia? He's just telling you a fact.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thunglom said:

How about this: I judge people on how they drive, and that makes me racist against thais. Thats right foreigner racism about thais because of the way they drive. And that's not about "perception". Even Stevie Wonder could see what jerks these people are on the road.

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Thunglom - Is the general standard of driving in Thailand of similarly high standard to that usually encountered in Western countries such as Germany, UK, France, US, Australia, New Zealand ?????

The statistics are clear and damning - this is a turd which cannot be polished or rolled in glitter.

You may not like the criticism levied towards Thailand, but you cannot escape fact and are foolish for trying. 

TL. my comments contained a number of obvious points. which were “wrong” ? and why ?

20-24 k typical annual road traffic death rate here over last five years is clear. what is it about statistics that I “ have no idea” ? 

@Dave Dave Don't even look at them. Just go about your business focused on the girls. This staring is inversely proportional to intelligence. I'm surprised so few other foreigners make comments on this subject. In  Pattaya - Naklua - Jomtien everywhere you look a sh*t lode of these lowlifes staring at you. Again  don't even look at them. 

Edited by morrobay