regarding non immigrant A O visa

I'm new to this visa. I've got this visa last year in Australia and was issued on the 8 November 2020 but because of all the paperwork involved I entered the country on 8 December 2020 which according to the entry stamp is valid till 7 December 2021. My compulsory insurance is dated 15 October.

My question is when do I have to renew my visa by.

Can I ignore my compulsory insurance renewal until just before the renewal of my visa.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Fred

OP, best to outline your plans on how long you intend to stay in Thailand. 

You have a permission of stay till Dec 7. 

Just for clarity in order to remain in Thailand past that date you would be obtaining a 12 month 'extension' (not a new visa).

That extension has a list of financial requirements. That's a list and advice in itself. 

So your ongoing plans past Dec 7 is what's important. 

7 minutes ago, molen02 said:

I was always here on a non O visa but when I got stuck in Australia last year for 9 months my visa expired so the only option was A O visa.

I will stay here indefinitely.

Thanks for help.

Welcome back. Thinking you will be well aware of the requirements for extension. They are the same as extension to non O retirement.

Only extra item is the insurance requirement. You can check that out. 

At some point in future (when borders open) you may choose to border bounce, enter visa exempt and obtain non O. That does away with insurance.

Yep I'm also Oz...bit of a pain that non O (retirement) is not available in Australia.

If you could leave Thailand, and re-enter before November 8th, you would get a fresh one-year permission to stay. Right now, that does not seem viable, but it is conceivable that, by early November, a border bounce via Singapore might be possible. You wold need to be fully vaccinated.

Excluding use of the Non O-A visa to enter Thailand before it expires, you will need to apply for an extension of stay before December 8th.

Jack the money that I used for obtaining the non O visa i parked in a term deposit account so that's not a problem and I was thinking if it ever get back normal then I Will try to get a non O visa.

Tim is doesn't make sense to leave the country and come back to that boring quarantine and the cost are way to high.

Thanks for your replies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, molen02 said:

Tim is doesn't make sense to leave the country and come back to that boring quarantine and the cost are way to high.

As I wrote, trying to do a border bounce now makes no sense. However, requirements like quarantine are going to be relaxed in due course, for returning to Bangkok perhaps as early as November.