Thailand Will Adopt New Policy to Reopen within This Year

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

That’s for 3 x tests I believe. If you work it out in £ it’s around £60 per test. 

As a comparison they are charging up to £90 in the UK. So Thais not the only ones to rob you. 

+ the Uk's disgusting 230 quid a  night ten night quarantine rip  off.

A post with a trolling video has been removed.

Another post that had a link to the Bangkok Post has been edited to remove the link:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

18 hours ago, Shuya said:

How about the funny insurance scheme that has less than 1% of premiums payed out for treatment? Must be a good business...

That insurance requirement is the main financial drag on tourism by the sector that interests them : the wealthy elderly.

The wealthy elderly have gone elsewhere - Spain, South America.

So the question TAT must answer is : how to pull them back? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, radjag said:

THB8000 for 3 rapid PCR tests in Phuket is actually comparatively good value. Last week I had to pay THB9,000 in USA for just one rapid PCR test.

Plenty of free rapid tests in the USA unless you needed it asap for traveling.  

2 hours ago, charmonman said:

I'll head to my local Thai consulate tomorrow to register for this new plan. I anticipate they will have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Why can't these people just shut up until they've made the plan, worked out the details, informed the consulates and embassies of the procedures and are ready to implement it.

Otherwise it is just more talk. 

Id wait to register. Maybe stuck in quarantine …after they decide to abandon that idea

4 hours ago, peetje said:

Perhaps if you read the text you wouldn't have to look it up.

Quote:

he said, under this plan, every province will apply the same standard operating procedure (SOP)

Every airline has SOPs for their flight crews, but these can vary quite a bit from airline to airline. 

To (try to) apply the same SOPs here to every province will be interesting. 

23 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Last Saturday my condo was hosting rapid antigen testing for all residents at 250 baht per person. So I'd safely say these tests being applied to incoming tourists are (subsidy or not) WAY OVER PRICED!!!

I got some descent ones at Watsons.  5 for 1200.

They also have saliva ones for little ones who are difficult to jab a gotten swab up there noses same price.

I got some. 

My wife was convinced she was getting COVID-19.

She tested negative now she feels better.

one of my collegues booked 20 days in january on different Islands in Thailand.

I hope for him that things are open somewhat normally at that point.

It's his first time in Thailand, but i warned him that he will most likely enter a country where a lot of the shops still are closed

and there is a lack of activity in most places.

Even if that sounds like a lovely thing to arrive with few tourists and little activity, it could also be a sad experience to see all those closed shops etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 10baht said:

You are either very stupid or honesty challenged when it comes to telling the truth. I was in the States from mid-April last year until 22 November. Between my wife and I, we had  12 PCR tests including the ones 72 hours before coming back to Thailand. Total cost = $0.00.  I am shocked they took baht at your test center. Was this at a Phuket extension clinic? What did they charge you for your transport? 1000 baht?

What's your secret to free covid tests?

32 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What's your secret to free covid tests?

Blue Cross Blue Shield of TX. But I know many many people not charged. Hell some states/places are paying to get the vaccine. So I imagine the tests are free or reasonable. BTW CA is F'ed on many matters.