Thailand Will Adopt New Policy to Reopen within This Year

snoop1130

21 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

no stupid COVID insurance

Can you actually get any?

Who would be stupid enough to insure someone stepping into a raging pandemic with only 17% of the population vaccinated.

Edited by MrJ2U

10 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

Should we not be comparing prices in thailand with countries that are of similar nature?

Cost of Doctors consultation in Thailand is not comparable with that in the west.. 

The last time I went to a doctor in the UK many years ago, it was free on the NHS. Here in Thailand using the state hospital system, it was less than 200 baht.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

The last time I went to a doctor in the UK many years ago, it was free on the NHS. Here in Thailand using the state hospital system, it was less than 200 baht.

Better you look at the private hospital costs that most retirees have to use, Walk in the door Baht 300 "service cost"

• Confused 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:42 AM, peetje said:

Perhaps if you read the text you wouldn't have to look it up.

Quote:

he said, under this plan, every province will apply the same standard operating procedure (SOP)

I usually do not read the entire text of those "blow-your-own-trumpet" articles or intentions, hence I had to look up (in the article further down), what yet another Thai abbreviation was all about - but thank you nevertheless for the well intended suggestion ???? 

17 hours ago, BusyB said:

"being checked daily by an SHA Plus manager..."

What on Earth does that mean?

No doubt it will mean the carefree holidaymaker rising early, going to some government centre, taking a queue ticket and waiting until just before lunchtime to be seen by some uniformed official.

Every day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

No doubt it will mean the carefree holidaymaker rising early, going to some government centre, taking a queue ticket and waiting until just before lunchtime to be seen by some uniformed official.

Every day.

I interpreted it as meaning a hotel manager would be checking me ... either way it doesn't make sense .. especially in connection with PCR tests and tiger Morr Chan app ... whatever - not applicable to me right now anyway, by the time it is it'll have changed again ;D

On 9/14/2021 at 12:40 PM, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) reports that the country is rethinking its reopening model as it will adopt the "One SOP, One System" (OSOS) policy, scrapping both mandatory quarantine and sealed routes for all pilot areas within this year and cutting COVID-19 test costs by half.

They should make it even easier than before Covid-19 with less paperwork and, why not?, automatically extend for one year extensions that expired during the pandemic.

15 hours ago, daejung said:

They should make it even easier than before Covid-19 with less paperwork and, why not?, automatically extend for one year extensions that expired during the pandemic.

They have been extending one year extensions based in the same requirements as before, along with fairly straightforward 'Covid' extensions for those here on tourist/ exempt entries. trapped here Not sure anything 'automatic' was necessary. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 5:48 PM, drenddy said:

I dont mind the app.

I have 3 mobile phones.I will certainly download the app and leave it in my luggage.

That will be OK until the BiB realize they can make some nice earnings from farang who don't bring their spy app all the time. They are all a bit behind with money for "little wife". So, they will be one to you quite fast I think. But best of luck.

• Like 1