Thailand Will Adopt New Policy to Reopen within This Year

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourists are required to follow the guidelines, such as activating the Mor Chana app and being checked daily by an SHA Plus manager, instead of being kept in quarantine or only travelling under a tour program.

Mr. Yuthasak said the TAT has also discussed with health authorities a reduction in the price, to around 8,000 baht, for three RT-PCR tests, which is considered an obstacle for the reopening program in both “Phuket Sandbox” and “Samui Plus”.

In other words, exactly the same conditions and prices as the Phuket Sandbox - not sure how this represents an improvement, unless the idea is just to prevent other provinces from dreaming up increasingly restrictive and expensive requirements as they "open".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, radjag said:

THB8000 for 3 rapid PCR tests in Phuket is actually comparatively good value. Last week I had to pay THB9,000 in USA for just one rapid PCR test.

That's about the prices I saw in Ca. for the rapid test.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And at what number of new cases per day, hospital admissions per day, number of people being intubated in ICU wards, and number of daily deaths, will this plan be abandoned and the country re-enter lockdown? Best to have a well-formulated back-up plan, as you're likely to need it this winter.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, for those of us with a business in Thailand, domestic travel is hamstrung and PCR tests remain (with different validity periods from just 72 hours to 7 days) inbound and outbound on every flight and from every origin/destination, flights are few and far between and pretty much everything is closed. I am trying to run a business in this country - stop pansy-ing around for a handful of international tourists that won't come anyway because of their own home rules for quarantine and travel. Open up country internally, get the domestic economy moving first and make that work. 

I'll head to my local Thai consulate tomorrow to register for this new plan. I anticipate they will have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Why can't these people just shut up until they've made the plan, worked out the details, informed the consulates and embassies of the procedures and are ready to implement it.

Otherwise it is just more talk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

That's about the prices I saw in Ca. for the rapid test.

I paid $125 for a "test" (that had a very reasonable CT of 25.)

That included same day results, and pages of very official paperwork with embossed stamps and watermarks.

Best of all, they hit oil without drilling deep.

17 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Wow!

Most people have insurance though through Obama care, right?

"How Much Does a Rapid COVID Test Cost Without Insurance"

https://www.talktomira.com/post/how-much-does-coronavirus-covid-19-testing-cost-with-or-without-insurance

Price for rapid 2 hr result test RT-PCR is $299. in my neck of the woods in Ca. If we're already spending loads of money to return to Thailand, $299. is just another one.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Price for rapid 2 hr result test RT-PCR is $299. in my neck of the woods in Ca. If we're already spending loads of money to return to Thailand, $299. is just another one.

Welcome back-----sooon.

Despite all the complaining, I love it here!

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

That’s for 3 x tests I believe. If you work it out in £ it’s around £60 per test. 

As a comparison they are charging up to £90 in the UK. So Thais not the only ones to rob you. 

You may be right but wages are 3 to 4 times higher in the U.K. compered to what the average Thai earns 

4 hours ago, radjag said:

THB8000 for 3 rapid PCR tests in Phuket is actually comparatively good value. Last week I had to pay THB9,000 in USA for just one rapid PCR test.

You are either very stupid or honesty challenged when it comes to telling the truth. I was in the States from mid-April last year until 22 November. Between my wife and I, we had  12 PCR tests including the ones 72 hours before coming back to Thailand. Total cost = $0.00.  I am shocked they took baht at your test center. Was this at a Phuket extension clinic? What did they charge you for your transport? 1000 baht?

15 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

No COE, no stupid COVID insurance, no ASQ, no travel restriction so I can fly into BKK and go home to Udon.

Or, you are not "open"

Pretty much best quote of the day except unless I wrote something better.