Are You 75, Now, and Still in Thailand, after all these years?

GammaGlobulin

Structure and dicipline the older you get concerning what you eat, drink and quality sleep.

Monday - Friday unless we are travelling

Oat pudding with banana or some other fruit, brasil nuts, cashew nuts and almond 3-4 of each. No added sugar

saturday and sunday

Homemdade egg and bacon, bread fresh from oven and tomato beans

one bottle of water and one to two cups of freshs grinded coffe made in espresso stovetop or if travelling using my aeropress. 

I always believed breakfest is the most important meal in a day, even they trying to come with new science (as always) I still take care of that moment on my balcony every morning. A good start makes the day!

However at 75 I hope I am not in Thailand anymore, but it is still a long time before I reach that age, and that statement maight change by the years. At least for the moment I have options and still a home back where I come from. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1

IMG20210912095326.thumb.jpg.f1c2d119ac3c05a9c9549274aea63652.jpg

I'll be 74 next month....This was my breakfast yesterday..... It's typical of most days, eggs, bacon or sausage, fruit, non fat milk, & a salad of some sort <from our garden> with homemade bread....Other days it could be breakfast burritos, Belgian waffles, pancakes, or french toast.....Meals are always varied....

I intermittent fast, so a big breakfast & a 14:00 afternoon meal, then reset until the next day....I made pizza from scratch yesterday afternoon....

It's baseball season, so I'm usually watching the Giants season unfold - Feb to Oct.....

Some days the phones are around when we eat (I'll turn the sound off & glance at the game)..... It's about 50/50 phone-food wise....Some meals, no phones....

That's my gastronomical report of the day....

Got to go - time for breakfast..... Giants play at 8:45 today....

Possibly, I'm out of the age demographic - if so - disregard....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Much love to all of you good guys on this forum.

I am not sure just how much longer we will be able to continue meeting this way.

So long as crime-fighters get paid by the word to write, superheroes like GammaGlobulin will always be here in times of need ????

• Like 1

I love posts about wat you have for breakfast - that's why we have the internet.
I am sad that I see so few breakfast posts on Facebook nowadays; it's all adverts and learned articles and criticism of dinosaurs.

Any meal would be an improvement.  Or even half-empty beer glasses, with a bit of constructive criticism of the beverage and the venue.

24 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I hate English breakfast and I hate drinking tea in the morning

Too true,concerning breakfast

Ty-Phoo tea mornings (no strings on tea bags) couple rounds of toast.... coffee evenings.

Its the age there is no free medical support,just expensive here in Th,......it was a 4000baht return tix to India that I took for granted as my medical mainstay,but covid robbed me of that   Hopefully the route will reopen soon,cancer scans at  35-50,000  baht here in Thailand,there for 800 baht and so on   Want eye laser surgery too,here as I read  600,000 plus,there 35000 prob less as Rp has plunged

Often wonder what Id be doing in UK at exact time here,     here Im at sauna most morns,swimming early afternoon,massage later afternoon,life aint that bad,but I have medivac booked cheaply through past employment if events turn ugly

Years ago I bought a Yard-O-led propelling pencil,c/w paperwork,sterling silver,date stamped 1946,what would that be worth?

PS   I do read the Times  and Telegraph full versions..but on kindle/computer

Edited by fredscats
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I hate English breakfast and I hate drinking tea in the morning

Then I presume you do not indulge in either, but you must have done once or twice to know that you hate them.

I hate sweetbreads and warm milk in the morning!   LOL 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm always reminded of Goldie Hawn on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in when I see these posts.

goldiehawn1.jpg

Coincidence. She is now 75.

I am not sure if this post is about being 75, or breakfast, or specifically tea.

I am disappointed in the cost of good muesli in Thailand.

On holiday in Thailand I tend to eat at huge hotel smorgasbords. It's included and sometimes excellent. Not always the smart thing but I just have a small lunch and dinner. 

The best breakfast I had somewhat recently was the hotel in Koh Chang that had the issue where a negative review landed a bloke in jail.  Good bread. Good meals. Good muesli. Outlook over the sea.

I used to drink tea but now I find it heavy. Never drink coffee. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If I make it to 75 ,I seriously doubt  I will be in Thailand. 

If you think how much the world has changed in the last few years, the ever shifting uncertainty that is Thai immigration and the political scene etc and the next new "boss" in any given authority it all amounts to a "roll of the dice".

I used to drink Tea, and of course we all have different taste, I found the yellow label Tea only just about acceptable in some Hotels whilst travelling.

Nowadays my day starts with a Coffee, and that will be the only coffee of the day usually, unless I pop the local Cafe which does an extremely nice Mocha coffee. Generally thoughout the day its just plain water.

I am not a big eater in the morning and single piece of whole grain toast with my coffee is sufficient .

Newspapers ? well there is a blast from the past ! I used to enjoy the Sunday papers the most,although as a kid hated delivering them,extra sacks because they were so thick with supplements, a particular problem climbing the stairs in the blocks of flats ! All replced nowadays of course bt the digital media.Kind of makes you wonder whats next.

I think that old age for many is quite unsettling and uncertain. Things do change rapidly now, time seems to get faster with each passing year. The ever shifting sand and the knowledge that the "home" you once knew and indeed the way of life back there has gone ! wonder if there are many that do worry what will become of them here as they reach, if indeed they do reach, that age of 75.

Yes, who knows whether I will make 72 let alone 75 or 76 and yes do eat well and breakfast is varied and also enjoy Thai food.
Charlie H and others a great post and some amusing and yes others stating when the money dries up (and LOL think this has come from the so-called other Grandmum who has not contributed it seems not one single Baht as far as I know and 16 years ago gave 10k for a health bill of 30 or 40K and that was when first came over and stated "That is all I can afford"
Yes heard this question before and heard " What happens when the money runs out"
the answer is well you can start contributing and if lucky to reach 75 (am 71 a mere spring chicken) but by that time to old to go back to the UK or as well many of us could not afford the fare and especially at the moment.
Just try and enjoy each day as and when it comes, it is the only way and just do the best for your family and that is all we can ask for and do.
Perhaps some of the very wealthy family members will help but just saw 10 pink elephants fly by my window.
However, I do notice that the extended family never ever give back substantial loans but state it was a gift!!!
I am not complaining or ranting but so pleased done the things in my life and hopefully more to come.

Just enjoy folks

Edited by jwest10
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Yes, who knows whether I will make 72 let alone 75 or 76 and yes do eat well and breakfast is varied and also enjoy Thai food.
Charlie H and others a great post and some amusing and yes others stating when the money dries up (and LOL think this has come from the so-called other Grandmum who has not contributed it seems not one single Baht as far as I know and 16 years ago gave 10k for a health bill of 30 or 40K and that was when first came over and stated "That is all I can afford"
Yes heard this question before and heard " What happens when the money runs out"
the answer is well you can start contributing and if lucky to reach 75 (am 71 a mere spring chicken) but by that time to old to go back to the UK or as well many of us could not afford the fare and especially at the moment.
Just try and enjoy each day as and when it comes, it is the only way and just do the best for your family and that is all we can ask for and do.
Perhaps some of the very wealthy family members will help but just saw 10 pink elephants fly by my window.
However, I do notice that the extended family never ever give back substantial loans but state it was a gift!!!
I am not complaining or ranting but so pleased done the things in my life and hopefully more to come.

Just enjoy folks

Why are you so worried about making 72, or reaching 76?

Have you never heard of Jack Bruce?

Do you even THINK that Jack Bruce was worried about his age???

Jack Bruce was NEVER pussyfoot.

Get a grip, man, and be like Jack BRUCE, and enjoy your breakfast.

Get a grip, my friend.