Thai Immigration office

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Should have added the question

Is there easy  wheelchair access?

As I recall, if you are dropped off at the correct gate at Government Center, wheelchair access is fine. Plenty of space to manoeuvre, large lifts and, at worst, a shallow internal step or two. Trying to get to Government Center unassisted is not easy. If you are driving yourself, it is not easy to find parking near the correct entrance. I am not aware of wheelchair friendly public transport options.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

As I recall, if you are dropped off at the correct gate at Government Center, wheelchair access is fine. Plenty of space to manoeuvre, large lifts and, at worst, a shallow internal step or two. Trying to get to Government Center unassisted is not easy. If you are driving yourself, it is not easy to find parking near the correct entrance. I am not aware of wheelchair friendly public transport options.

Thanks.

My wife will be doing the driving.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

More questions cropping up.

What photographs do they ask for? How many?

This will be first time at CW.

90 day reports are up to date.

Believe up to six photos are normally asked but have not used marriage extensions for several decades - one must be together with house number and others in home.

Would suggest having 3rd party drive if use taxi as parking could be an issue if appointment not at break of day which could take some time and wife must be with you and will make navigation easier.  If not drop you early.   Many in wheelchairs so should not be any major issues.  Entry is at South end of building (which is not the main entrance).  You have info on financials and marriage paperwork?  Has a TM30 been filed for your residence as that proof might be required.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe up to six photos are normally asked but have not used marriage extensions for several decades - one must be together with house number and others in home.

Related question about the family photos, in the past I used a color printer and A-4 paper for the family photos and that was ok with Pattaya Immigration, now I have a black & white printer, anyone know if printing black/white photos on A-4 paper is allowed? TIA.

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Would suggest having 3rd party drive if use taxi as parking could be an issue if appointment not at break of day which could take some time and wife must be with you and will make navigation easier.  If not drop you early.   Many in wheelchairs so should not be any major issues.  Entry is at South end of building (which is not the main entrance).  You have info on financials and marriage paperwork?  Has a TM30 been filed for your residence as that proof might be required.

TM30 and etc done.

Bank letter, copies of bank book etc all in hand.

Got about 6 or 7 photos, one at the gate, one outside the house door etc.  

House book, Kor Ror 2 ( update ).

All pages of passport, last 90 day report. 2 TM 7's. Notification of overstay awareness. Terms and conditions of extensions.

Clean underwear.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need one TM7 form at CW and one set documents.

It seems everything you have should be enough.

Went there this afternoon, original plan was for tomorrow.

Got there 1.15 and was directed to 2nd floor car park for disabled parking. Parked and got into the chair.

Went inside and my wife had a chat with first desk and we went through to the desks area.

One surprise was being asked to write a letter saying we had moved from Rayong to Bangkok.

Bank book was updated on Tuesday but only to the date of the last transfer from uk  30/Aug.

Wife went down to the bank and transferred 10.000 into my account but the update machine didn't want to have anything to do with my book?????

Googled a nearby bank and got an update there ( 30 min ) and the book was accepted.

All cleared and return on 14/oct for extension. My wife was told there is no need for me to attend then, she can do it herself.

Home by 4.30.

Edited by overherebc

On 9/16/2021 at 4:52 AM, BritTim said:

Info'  When you turn into the Imm' complex there is a blue painted lane, easy to follow, with a large 'B' in blue and white painted on the road surface.

At the carpark entrance ask the guard for 'disabled parkjng'.  My wife pointed out the wheel chair in the back and he directed us to level 2. It has 3 or 4 designated bays next to the main door. The guard there was helpful in getting us parked and lifted the chair out the back. 

From there it's easy access through to the main area for process.

May be in wrong area and used to ask a question on whether certain Immigration on holiday next week starting Monday 20th September and there are no national holidays next week but can not contact my immigration office. I don't think so but could someone confirm this, please?
Many thanks

5 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

May be in wrong area and used to ask a question on whether certain Immigration on holiday next week starting Monday 20th September and there are no national holidays next week but can not contact my immigration office.

Only next Friday the 24th is a Thai holiday.

It was added by the cabinet on December 29th of last year as a additional holiday.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:39 PM, jwest10 said:

Thank you Ubonjoe

Just quick one and one can go in for 90 days reporting and due 28th September and my jab is due that day and can go in today 22nd September.
Yes believe one can do this a week in advance but sometimes the rules chang
LOL but definately gone in a week in advance before
Thank you and what is the general  rule.

John w