​​​​​​​All Employees in Thailand’s Malls and At-risk Businesses Must Be Vaccinated by October 1st

webfact

9 hours ago, Deli said:

Vaccination does not stop the spread. Period. What can stop madness ?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e1.htm?s_cid=mm7037e1_w

It's still a good idea to get the shot.

I agree it drastic to make vaccines mandatory in Thailand for some people, when the entire population has not yet been offered the vaccine.

Offer it to everyone and see if enough people get their shots to get on with life.

After that it might make some sense to make it mandatory in certain groups, IF covid 19 is still causes a major problem, because a lot of people refused to get their shots.

Here in Denmark it's still up to everyone if they want their shot or not, and we're open as normal with no restrictions at all, and more or less has been for 3 months.

We have approx 73,5% of the entire population vaccinated which is approx 85% of the target group that curently is age 12+

So thankfully we didn't have to make vaccines mandatory yet, but i can understand why other nations now are in that situation.

18 hours ago, smedly said:

so now we are going to have 80% of the population excluded from shopping unless they have a negative test 

seriously ....................................... this is lunacy 

all for what - a few bus loads of Chinese tourists that won't be coming

get your own house in order first Thailand 

Lunacy is a good way to describe this. First of all, this is dictatorial and completely unfair to the thousands of Thais who have already recovered from c19. Plenty of falangs in that category, as well.

This is really unprecedented, because other, disease [many are much more life-threatening or life changing] wasn't treated like this[Thailand has long had concerns with TB, 3rd stage syphilis and a few others] and c19 is now endemic in the world, except for isolated populations, which are only delaying exposure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This proposal doesn't address the odd facts of "registration" for an inoculation, the scarcity of vaccines, and the time constraints. A more 'normal, preventative-care' approach, would be just distribute vaccines among all hospitals, allow phone call appointments, (or simply walk-ins as the number of inoculated increases) Stop trying to scare everyone, stop the bureaucratic red-tape and warnings about "only 1 day left to register for the shot"! Why? More vaccine (logically) would become available, as the demand slows and also the "testing" should center primarily on the test to see if a person is already immune !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Persons who for whatever reason do not vax  including health concerns will have less freedom of movement and restricted choices of services and entertainment.

Once the people who claim health reasons for non-vaccinating are properly vetted, they should be able to avoid the vaccination. However, they should still be subjected to the same restrictions as all other non-vaccinators.. Because they will then be legitimately identified as being at high-risk of serious outcomes should they become ill with Covid..

and once they have been identified by medical professionals, that means that all the other non-vaccinators are simply unwilling to comply with public health initiatives. Those people can prepare themselves to live an increasingly restricted life..

26 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

Why would they be high risk?  Have you seen the survival rates for people in normal health and those under 50?  They are very high.  You can even use this tool by Johns Hopkins to get an assessment of your risk of being unvaccinated.  Just put in any zipcode (95120).  Don't forget this is relative to the average American which is fat.

https://covid19risktools.com:8443/riskcalculator

According to the science I have .02 times the risk of the average US person to die of covid.  That equates to 1.1 in 1,000,000.  I love those odds!

Obviously, if they are medically compromised enough that vaccination is a health risk,  they are not an average person. So statistics referencing the risks of Covid infection for the average person are not relevant. And at the end of the day, they are non-vaccinated and should be subject to the same restrictions as all other non-vaccinated people..

This will also close off a potential "out" for the willfully non-vaccinated.

1 minute ago, TooMuchTime said:

I use data to determine risk factors and go from there.  If you have an issue with the data showing majority of individuals are at low risk then nothing can overcome your made up mind and biases.

Why should someone with a near 0 chance of dying from covid take the vaccine?  I can still get covid, spread it, and be protected for 5 months or so before I need a booster?  I'll think twice once covid is a concern for me and the vaccine provides decades/lifetime worth of IMMUNITY like every other vaccine I have taken.

I believe only those at risk (elderly, those with severe health issues) should be worried about taking a vaccine.

I use data and science.  I do not rely on random government organizations and just take their word for it without doing any research.  I have nothing to gain.  Do they? 

And apparently the risk factor for you is low, so take the risk of not get vaccinated, up to you, I really do not care, for the others of us we make our own decisions based on the science available which says everyone bar a few select groups should be taking it, simple as that

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And apparently the risk factor for you is low, so take the risk of not get vaccinated, up to you, I really do not care, for the others of us we make our own decisions based on the science available which says everyone bar a few select groups should be taking it, simple as that

That is exactly what I am advocating.  People to make their own personal health decisions without any coercion from other individuals, govt entities, or corporations.

I hope people do their own research looking at data and get info pushed to them from TV man or anyone else seeking personal gain.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Deli said:

Vaccination does not stop the spread. Period. What can stop madness ?

Why was there marketing media that stated that Pfizer was 95% effective in stopping infection in the first place? Mind you, that was stopping infection and not hospitalization.

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why was there marketing media that stated that Pfizer was 95% effective in stopping infection in the first place? Mind you, that was stopping infection and not hospitalization.

that was based on previous variant 

apologies for caps but something strange is occurring , gremlins

Pfizer and BioNTech Conclude Phase 3 Study of COVID-19 ...

18 Nov 2020 — Primary efficacy analysis demonstrates BNT162b2 to be 95% effective against COVID-19 beginning 28 days after the first dose; 170 confirmed ...
Edited by RJRS1301

4 hours ago, James105 said:

I've taken the vaccine as I think it will probably help if I catch covid (the stats do not lie on this), but I remain cynical about the whole thing mainly due to how much money is involved.    Somehow we still do not have an effective 'approved' treatment for covid and the (relatively expensive) vaccines are the only thing we can use.   Pfizer are seeking approval to give it to 5 year olds even though they are in almost no danger from covid, but do have a risk of heart inflammation if they take it.   Natural immunity is completely ignored and someone who caught and recovered easily is coerced into also getting the vaccine should they want a normal unrestricted life, even though they clearly do not need it.   The vaccines are not effective enough and it looks like the direction of travel will be a jab at least once a year to maintain any kind of normal life.    The "at cost" vaccine (AZ) has been through the political mill as different world leaders have taken it in turns to discredit it.   

Something does smell off to me about this whole thing, but it's probably just about money as big pharma has landed on a cash cow that it is going to milk for as long as it can, and a lot of powerful people are making a lot of money from this.   

Hi James, I do agree with the vast majority of your post especially the vast sums that big pharma is making on this especially those from China who have the least effective vaccines and where the virus started still making a fortune out of this.

They are working on therapeutics and lets hope they expedite that as much as possible, regards the kids I totally agree, its a complex subject with regards to risk benefit ratio but for those of us with kids, if we want to travel or for them to attend school then we have no choice in the future.

My only disagreement is with natural herd immunity scenario. By taking India as an example there was a recent study that detected anti bodies in the majority of Indian people from the first wave, yet that did not help them when delta hit. I don't have the link to hand but can find it later if you want.

The other aspect is to get natural immunity, you first have to catch the virus and for those 40% of the population thats a very risking scenario.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

If you have an issue with the data showing majority of individuals are at low risk then nothing can overcome your made up mind and biases.

Why should someone with a near 0 chance of dying from covid take the vaccine?

Excellent point.  The actual risks from the "dread" virus are far less than risks from other diseases - which saw little or no quarantines.  Humans have always spread colds and in the abstract, we have likely "killed" others. The concerns are, IMO, more accurately applied to the potential (already evident) of permanently restricted travel, severe economic hardship and general loss of human rights. Many will argue, but facts are facts. I'm not sure a "disease and risk free" existence is normal.

On 9/16/2021 at 1:26 PM, EricTh said:

Vaccinated in time for the opening to Chinese tourists? Incidentally, Oct 1 is China's long holidays. No wonder they picked that date.

Doubt anybody's coming though.
China still has mandatory 2-week quarantine for passengers returning back (even vaccinated Chinese citizens) from overseas.