Thailand’s anti-graft body ordered to reveal its findings on DPM Prawit’s wristwatch scandal

snoop1130

It’s very easy to come to a conclusion 99.9% of the elite watch manufacturers record the names of those who purchase these mega expensive watches which means all the investigative body would have to do is enquire as to who was the original purchaser if his name or any member of his family came up then he would be in big trouble 

Edited by crazykopite

While they are at it, how about looking into the overseas bank and investment accounts, with billions, the villas in Switzerland, the penthouses in NYC, and all the other ill gotten wealth of these miscreants? Watches? Barely a drop in the bucket of toxic malfeasance. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

OK all the negative messages aside, it's a move in a positive direction. 3 yrs ago we wouldn't even get that news. It's not in leaps and bounds but baby steps are in my own point of view better than nothing. It's just that we have become so synical of the law maybe it's us that should just take a step back from the sly remarks and see what happens. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if I offended anyone. 

Everything will be explained and it will go like this:
Yes, it is correct that the mansion listed as property 24 is in the name of my gardener which shows that I take care off my employees. In return he kindly allows me to use the mansion and I can assure you that the 23-year old Thai lady living there at the moment is NOT a family member of mine. So all good. Next.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No doubt they wrote to all of the watch manufacturers of the high end watches which would all have the name of the owner, asking who was the rightful owner and they all replied that it was the fat cat, but they wouldn't dare disclose that information because he said it he borrowed them from a dead mate and they can't contradict what he said.

So they have to stick with blame it on the old dead mate trick.

This Is Kaos! — Have some Max reaction gifs. Cause his reactions...

...from a dead mate so close he would conveniently not remember the name..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Something has gone wrong with the 'old boys network', perhaps a cabinet reshuffle with long knives.

I was thinking the same, a lot of things coming out at the moment, it looks like its cover ass time for many

2 hours ago, Dazauz said:

OK all the negative messages aside, it's a move in a positive direction. 3 yrs ago we wouldn't even get that news. It's not in leaps and bounds but baby steps are in my own point of view better than nothing. It's just that we have become so synical of the law maybe it's us that should just take a step back from the sly remarks and see what happens. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if I offended anyone. 

Total agreement. 3 years ago, the NACC snub the general public by refusing to disclose the investigative report and just gave a conclusion with a verdict vindicating Prawit of any wrongdoings. Now that the Criminal Court gave their order for full disclosure, the NACC will have to open up the report to the public. We can expect the report to be highly skewed and the verdict unlikely to change but at least we can hope that others can scrutinized the report and find evidence of malfeasance to charged the relevant officers. Credit to K Veera to keep pushing for transparency and accountability of this case. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong sentence construction
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, the wristwatch scandal is just a teeny tiny tip of the iceberg of the enormous corruption and cronyism in this country. If all of that came to light, we would all be in for a huge shock. But apart from the occasional ‘scandal’ it never will, so we can only guess.

14 hours ago, candide said:

This is unusual. A sign of internal conflict inside the yellow/green network?

What is unusual ? The fact that the courts say the evidence has to be shown or that Veera went after Prawit.

Lets hope that we get all the evidence but to be honest i have my doubts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

What is unusual ? The fact that the courts say the evidence has to be shown or that Veera went after Prawit.

Lets hope that we get all the evidence but to be honest i have my doubts.

The fact that a yellow court practically asks the yellow NACC to justify its decision, on top of it about a junta General.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

The fact that a yellow court practically asks the yellow NACC to justify its decision, on top of it about a junta General.

I think they did not have much of a chance, many things are flexible in Thai law but some things are just too hard to deny based on the law. I think this was the case as these are some constitutional rights.

But i wonder if they will really give ALL the evidence. 

It's all a game one big game, everyone with a modicum of grey matter knows that the men and woman running the country along with anyone with the slightest hint of power and is connected are corrupt the system is corrupt to the core.

Anyone with the slightest ambition in politics (who is clean) could stand up and publicly offer financial transparency to anyone who was interested.

Do that then run (if it were possible) for PM and he would be elected.

I don't envisage that ever happening here.