Thailand’s anti-graft body ordered to reveal its findings on DPM Prawit’s wristwatch scandal

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think they did not have much of a chance, many things are flexible in Thai law but some things are just too hard to deny based on the law. I think this was the case as these are some constitutional rights.

But i wonder if they will really give ALL the evidence. 

I think the bureaucracy component of the establishment (politically represented by the Dems) is unhappy with the current government and PPP. For them coups were a means to an end (oust who they saw as their enemies), not a way to establish an autocratic corrupt regime. They tolerate corruption as long as It's behind curtains, and by people with good manners and apparence of respectability.

For them, Thamanat represents all what they hate (on top of it, a former Thaksin ally).  He is not part of the "good people and is removing any remaining once of respectability from the PPP. He's been the straw that broke the camels back. It's a trap for the government: they need a crook like him to rally other crooks with strong local foothold, but it alienates support from a significant share of the yellow network.

Well, It's just a conjecture reflecting my understanding of these people.

The first thing I noticed about Gen Prawit is the thickness of his wrists. I am guessing that there can only be one other person in Thailand with wrists as thick, obviously this person being the person that loaned the precious watches to Gen Prawit. When I bought an expensive watch they measured my wrists too make sure the watch was a perfect fit. It should be simple enough to get a measurement of Gen Prawit's friends wrists, or to get the records from the watch maker using the ID number on the watch. 

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Nothing to see hear, move along please..................

My post was edited as trolling, how on earth can an image of someone sweeping under the carpet be a troll!!! it is a fact it happens here.

I will probably get a ban for this, but free speech on this site is getting as rare as hens teeth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

The first thing I noticed about Gen Prawit is the thickness of his wrists. I am guessing that there can only be one other person in Thailand with wrists as thick, obviously this person being the person that loaned the precious watches to Gen Prawit. When I bought an expensive watch they measured my wrists too make sure the watch was a perfect fit. It should be simple enough to get a measurement of Gen Prawit's friends wrists, or to get the records from the watch maker using the ID number on the watch. 

I wonder if he has callouses?

What a farçe; who is advising all these clowns in public relation management? 

My Grannie was able to tell us interesting fairy tales with nice endings; today - as grown-ups don't try to copy my Granny. If you want to tell your electorate a good story, then ensure, that it IS A GOOD story and not all those endless lame-duck-excuses; sick and tired of all those lies ......

I often wonder if any investigation was made into the untimely death of Gen. Prawit's "friend", who rather too conveniently seems to have passed away just as Prawit was desperately trying to come up with an excuse for his ostentatious displays.