Romance scam advice

40yearoldnumpty

Sorry about your situation your not the first and won’t be the last get a DNA done if it’s deemed to be someone else’s child then stop all payments hate to be cruel but she could have other foreigners paying her each month thinking it’s there child that’s how it works by the way you can go to the best hotel in Bangkok and still end up with a happy ending it’s part of the extras on offer 

• Like 2

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I'm on the side that there's a good chance the kid is not even yours [OP].

DNA should be your main priority before parting with one more baht. If she refuses or leads you on some wild goose chase, that could be telling you something.

Outside of this, its one thing to be generous & to get anything going with your child on your terms [if it ends up being yours], but rule with an iron fist. Your way or you walk. By now she should know what value there is with you in her life or not. They need have some fear instilled in them, that there is more to lose by not having you around. Then you have the issue of dealing with a drugged out **** which is another major obstacle.

Good luck, it seems you're against the odds, but only you will know in the end to what lengths you will go to for an amicable agreement and relationship.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wombat said:

dont feel bad it could have been worse....old mate says if TG's are the hyena of Asia, PI girls will suck the marrow from the bone that the TG's leave.

You are spot on, but only to the weak, gullible and vulnerable....unfortunately, as they appear to be quite decent & caring people.

• Like 2

Could have been worse.

Imagine you build her a house, bought land, bought a new pick-up, bought 20 buffalos etc...

Get a DNA done and try to get your bother (if she is yours).

Get over it.

There are millions of "available" ones. 

Number of girls looking for a partner is UP

Farangs coming to Thailand "massively" DOWN

• Like 1

I am truly sorry for you after reading your post carefully , you are certainly not a fool.

I have lived here 20 years now in Thailand and I was until 2016 very proud to have not been caught by one of these types of Thai women.

Then like you I fell in love with one of them , unfortunately my story ended up very badly like yours. Its not a nice thing to go through when you realise that you have been lied to for years and it really messes you up emotionally.

To make you feel a little bit better , dont be hard on yourself , you have done nothing wrong , it's her who is the problem , we just got fell in love with the wrong type.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 12:02 AM, 40yearoldnumpty said:

In one of the bars I bumped into my future wife, who was out with friends and not working in the bar.

At a "bar" !!!!! You met your future wife !!!!

Oh, she is "not working" in the bar !!!! ????.
Then she must be definitely my future. 

What she was doing in a "bar" ???

Looking for "you", Right ?

You need to be here and be ready for a long journey and surprises, if you want your daughter. You will be lucky if she let your daughter leaves Thailand with you for free. 
And last thing: never do anything stupid and put yourself in a big trouble in Thailand. 

I would try to get DNA on the kid. If you find that the kid is not yours, might be easier to justify just wanting away, and chalking it up to experience. A bad one granted, but you have your whole life ahead of you. Would be a good a shame to spend it dealing with a kid that is not even yours. 

She has shown the kind of moral degradation that points toward the likelihood she was never sincere with you, which makes it likely she was always fooling around with others. 

Easy to get DNA yourself. Worth having it tested. 

15 hours ago, dddave said:

I suggest you stop being so hard on yourself and stop looking upon yourself as a victim.  People fall in and out of love all the time.  What may have seemed to your wife to be a dream life in the UK may well have dissipated with the reality of a years day to day there along with the constant cultural issues of dealing with "farang".  She re-invented herself in the past before she met you and she's doing it again.

It's a good point that you make in your post dddave, and one which I had been thinking about whilst reading the previous posts.

In particular I liked your statement that, "people fall in and out of love all the time" because that's happened to me a couple of times and sometimes there appears to be no rhyme nor reason to it, it just happens!

It seems as if they were both very happy for a few years early on in the piece, so I'm not sure that this was a Thai girl playing the "long game", and then things changed, for whatever reason, and sometimes it is very difficult to put one's finger on.

It's quite possible that when she got back to Thailand she met up with her tomboy, and the tomboy got her started on drugs and on badmouthing the "farang" and that's when it started to go downhill fast.

The OP should stop beating himself up about it, and take some of the good advice that's been offered on this thread, because there is plenty of good advice on it.

From what I've read of the OP's post, I don't think he was taken for a fool, more that the relationship turned sour and was exacerbated by the "tyranny of distance", and of course Covid 19.

• Like 2

Ho hum.....if you are able to do so I suggest you walk away  having learned a very tough lesson. I suspect your wife has had ongoing relationships with tomboys, Thai boys and farang for the duration of your relationship with her. Happens all the time.

Unfortunate experience, but I wouldn't call it a romance scam. The typical romance scam is when you have a usually male, often Nigerian, pretend to be an attractive female. All the dating sites are full of these fake accounts. They profess love and can't wait to come to visit. They just need some cash to do so. You, on the other hand, had 'physical' relationship that while expensive, lasted years. Nothing out of the ordinary in LOS that she tried to get as much money out of you as possible. She  even might have had some feelings for you at some stage. 

On 9/16/2021 at 1:55 PM, CharlieH said:

Ok, heres my penneth.

Yes you were an idiot, and clearly on the rebound.

You are not the first and certainly not the last. Some of the above raises flags for me like, whats the point of screenshots of texts or facebook etc as they would be in Thai and I assume you dont read Thai, so that seems off to me.

Anyway lets go through some realities.

Thailand aint the west. A divorce is not "filed" you can both walk in to the amphur sign and its done ! It aint that difficult.

However, for that to happen you need the mother and her co operation and judging by the above you'll need to pay to get that.

Detach your emotions, what do you want first ? What is your ultimate goal ? Get that established and then seek how to achieve it.

You are going to get hit hard for cash if you allow it. The child will be just fine, Thai families are strong bank on that. She left the other 2 and the Lukreung will be taken care of too.

The only time , you need to start doing DNA etc and thinking courts etc is id she cant be found  or wont play ball. But first you must decide and be sure want you want to do.

This is very sound advise. 

OP As for telling your family that's a hard one. I think I would just tell my family that things didn't work out and leave it at that.

They dont need to know the details.     Here's a good song for you   

On 9/17/2021 at 8:05 PM, MarkyM3 said:

Worked in a regular bar, not in a go-go area. Knew her for a couple of years before we got together and no cash changed hands.

Do you think anyone who works in a bar or restaurant in Thailand is on the game?

I've met girls who work in high end stores who are on the game.  I've met girls who work in offices who are on the game. 

Just because a girl has a 'normal job' does not mean she can't also be on the game. 

Have you never heard of a Side Line Girl?

On 9/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, xylophone said:

In particular I liked your statement that, "people fall in and out of love all the time" because that's happened to me a couple of times and sometimes there appears to be no rhyme nor reason to it, it just happens!

Many asian dont consider love in same way than western do. Asian girls love money and feeling life is secured. Most asian girls not watch if husband has "rainy" day in financial matter! They lift clutch and keep going to find other wallet. Not in op's case, but in hes story has already dumped kids so im not see woman was real catch. To op , i think in UK you can do DNA test also your self (sent some laboratory) if you have any hair from her etc. And to some posters: many people have kids even they not biologicaly yours and can love them same way!

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I've met girls who work in high end stores who are on the game.  I've met girls who work in offices who are on the game. 

Just because a girl has a 'normal job' does not mean she can't also be on the game. 

Have you never heard of a Side Line Girl?

Yes, I am a well aware of sidelines and it does not alter what I said in my post. If you read it - I said to the poster does he think *anyone* is on the game who works in a bar and restaurant? 

I should have said "everyone", not "anyone" but I'm sure you knew what I meant lol

Edited by MarkyM3