Anutin: No one said we'd open the country and Bangkok on October 1st

webfact

1 hour ago, stigar said:

In norway reach 65,20% fully vaccinated.But still not open fully.

Their choice and they delayed the full openining because numbers of positives started to rise the last month.

I think if Thailand had the same statistics as Norway had since june, Thailand would be open by now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, geisha said:

Starts me wondering if the vaccination deals etc have fallen through and they’re not coming ? There would be no reason to postpone opening up sometime October unless there’s been some bad news. Rocketing COVID infections?? Or he’s been told to keep his mouth shut ?

He is playing a clever game, letting others hang themselves a bit at a time,

• Thanks 1

OMG! Somebody has to take charge and make the correct policy before announcing it. 

There are too many little Napoleans making their own policies that were not approved by the higher ups.

So there is no more Bangkok or Chiang Mai opening on Oct 1 or 15 then? lol

Edited by EricTh

There is a meeting at the school tomorrow to discuss the Pfizer vaccination plan for the kids, starting in early October, which will allow the 12+ age group students to return on 18th October. On their LINE group, it is interesting to note that a number of parents have stated that they want their kids to have a Sinopharm jabs, as they are worried about the Pfizer. Presumably, there will not be enough Pfizer to go round and there will be another mix and match later next month.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Thats ODD,,from MY exps living in LOS thais are usually quick to accept blame and /or take responsibility...

Reminds me of the bumper sticker...dont follow me im lost!

Actually it reminds me of Spike Milligan's line "Follow me, I'll be right behind you"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Virt said:

They need to speed up their vaccinations if they intend to fully reopen this year.

It's not impossible for them to reach 70% + fully vaccinated this year, but it will require some effort.

Anyone know how the anti vax feelings are in to Thailand.

Lots of sceptics or do they just want their shots so the wheels can start turning again?

There are more anti vax sceptics in Thailand than ever, what do you expect when they are mixing vaccines and talking abut vaccinating children with vaccines currently for +15 and +18 year old. With 81% of the population remaining not double vaxxed they should concentrate on these adults first. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blumpie said:

No no, you're reading that wrong.  

Officially he never said that unofficially.  But officially the unofficial version is the unofficial version of the efficient official version, or in the case of this version, versions.  

Thailand's answer to Sir Humphrey Appleby!    (Yes Minister)

or could he aspire to being Donald Rumsfeld? 

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1