Anutin: No one said we'd open the country and Bangkok on October 1st

webfact

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

<snip>

No matter, economic disaster is a certainty now whatever happens. 

My advice would be to get your money in safe havens such as precious metals and crypto, because there will be few places you can shelter from the coming storm.

That's something of an exaggeration don't you think?

I should doubt any markets other than Thailand's will be greatly affected.

Be interesting to see which way the Baht goes though....

And Crypto a safe haven? Please!!!

Edited by VBF

8 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Did they actually ask him about this though?   The "journalists" in this country are themselves at times frustrating.

Frustrating, in the main, useless - couldn't report accurately on a 5 year olds birthday party. 

this is a very positive move.. at least now this clown realises what his level of competence and credibility is and is not trying to  cover up with c..r..a..p.... well done Sir.... take the rest of the day off and worry not others can do your job.. just show up sober, dressed and nod at the right times and that is about the best we can expect .. second thoughts forget about nodding at the right times that could be a problem for you.. just look straight ahead with a vacuous stare..... that shouldn't be that hard for you 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's deputy prime minister and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul denied there was any specific dates for opening up the country or Bangkok.

Is he a clown ? ... or does he just look like ?

Edited by daejung
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LeatFingies said:

I’m not sure if it’s the journalists or the editors who are the ones that are incompetent. Every story is so ambiguous or missing so many answers that it’s just useless noise.

This apparent standard for journalistic integrity and news worthiness has largely become commonplace everywhere. 

Just going through the pretentious motions.

This is why no one can make a plan. I called my Thai Travel agent and they are more confused than I am and the Airlines are raising the ticket prices, I am seriously thinking about not trying to visit in the near future and going somewhere where the leadership knows what they are doing. Every day it s a different date or different hoops to jump through 

• Like 1

Get the people vaccinated and restore rebuild the tourist infrastructure.

Dream about crowds of billionaire visitors, but be happy with ordinary folk. Even backpackers are a plus because although they may not be big spenders, they will give a good account of amazing Thailand, provided the insurance/quarantine/testing requirements can be muted.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lolalol said:

I think they already  know that they can't  reopen this year.  

But the narrative is "they can open", but it won't really be open at all.

Furthermore, who will come?  A few homesick buffalo looking for lost love?  That isn't really the tourism that they are after.

21 hours ago, Virt said:

Anyone know how the anti vax feelings are in to Thailand.

Anutin's Chinese vaccine has had such a bad press that many Thais are more terrified of it than catching Covid.  It has been very good for him though; he'll soon be able to retire and get back to mixing mortar. (His real trade.)

New nickname 'Afootin' mouth.

The Chuckle Brothers at it again, the unelected PM says one thing, the also unelected, unqualified health minister and deputy PM, says another. ???? You just could not make this up, could you?

These two guys are supposed to be running the country. ???? I wonder what their Generals are thinking. ????

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:49 AM, Bert got kinky said:

No one said we'd open the country and Bangkok on October 1st

Obviously someone did or he wouldn't be talking about it.

Someone did say we'd open the country on the 1st Oct. The unelected PM, it was headline news not so long ago.