No CCSA decision yet on Bangkok reopening on Oct 15th, quarantine remains

snoop1130

These people are 'double vaccinated' and they're still so scared of them that the country remains shut down with special 'not a quarantine' areas.

This betrays their true confidence levels in the current vaccination programs : They don't trust them at all.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:18 AM, cclub75 said:

Here we go.... It's reopening... without reopening.

We had quarantine before (14 days).... We will have quarantine after the "reopening"... If we are lucky... 7 days... In any case, it won't change anything.

Tourists (real) won't come. The high season is... dead.

I'm wondering how many millions destitute people they need, with all the associated social and political problems.... to understand that their way of thinking is a total deadend ?

We can live with Covid. The grotesque terror has to stop. Protect the real virus targets (old and fragile people) with vaccines... And let the vast majority of the population, not concerned by this virus, FREE and let them live normally.

That is what I have heard a lot of Drs say , sadly they have been ignored. Big pharma rules the world now.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:12 PM, ukrules said:

These people are 'double vaccinated' and they're still so scared of them that the country remains shut down with special 'not a quarantine' areas.

This betrays their true confidence levels in the current vaccination programs : They don't trust them at all.

That's not it at all...

The truth is...the emergence of the Delta variant was a game changer.

With that variant, it became clear that fully vaccinated people could still become infected, and once infected, could have high, infectious levels of viral stuff in their throats. Meaning they could pose an infection risk to those, vaccinated or not, who come into contact with them while infected.

The transmissibility element of things changed from earlier in the pandemic. What didn't change was the continuing fact that especially the mRNA vaccines provide a high level of protection for those infected against serious illness, hospitalization and death.

But when you've got places like Thailand where only a relatively small portion of the total population has been fully vaccinated thus far, having fully vaccinated visitors who aren't quarantined and thus have the potential to spread the virus becomes a real risk factor, especially to the unvaccinated majority.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But when you've got places like Thailand where only a relatively small portion of the total population has been fully vaccinated thus far, having fully vaccinated visitors who aren't quarantined and thus have the potential to spread the virus becomes a real risk factor, especially to the unvaccinated majority.

COVID is everywhere in Thailand, a few more from double vaccinated tourists will make no difference whatsoever.

I guess what I'm saying is - I agree with the professor (I think it was a professor) who recently said in an article posted in the news section of this forum that millions of people have COVID right now in Thailand - forget about the tiny number of cases they find each day - that bears no relevance to the reality on the ground at all.

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

I guess what I'm saying is - I agree with the professor (I think it was a professor) who recently said in an article posted in the news section of this forum that millions of people have COVID right now in Thailand - forget about the tiny number of cases they find each day - that bears no relevance to the reality on the ground at all.

So you're basically saying there's a hidden epidemic raging, and your solution is to add more fuel to the fire....  ????

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So you're basically saying there's a hidden epidemic raging, and your solution is to add more fuel to the fire....  ????

Yes, absolutely, you have to remember for many people they don't realise they're infected and it spreads silently and without detection until someone gets ill enough to go to hospital, then the contact tracing begins and a new cluster is found.

They're only finding a few of them. This is the same all around the world but in most places they're not really looking for it, they treat the ill and tell anyone who notices that they're infected to stay home for a while until it's gone.

There's no fuel being added to the fire, it's already raging.

I know how some Thais are behaving when they get ill as well and they're not jumping in a taxi and reporting to the nearest quarantine camp - they're doing everything they can to avoid those places...