Which Visa? O-A or ...?

We (vaccinated 65+) plan to return to Thailand around Oct 20. We plan to stay for 6 months. I am thinking that O-A is the best visa for this type of stay, or are there any other ideas?

We applied for an O-A visa last year but were given a plain O visa unknowingly, which did cause significant problems upon our exit - resulting in 20,000b extension fines ... each.

Thanks, g

20 minutes ago, georgesch said:

We (vaccinated 65+) plan to return to Thailand around Oct 20. We plan to stay for 6 months. I am thinking that O-A is the best visa for this type of stay, or are there any other ideas?

Do you plan to return again after this current planned trip.

When you say WE.....meaning married? Thai or non Thai wife? 

Hi, we (my non-Thai wife and myself} have been coming for approximately 6 months for the last 3 years. This may be the last year. We are visiting my non-Thai son who is a permanent resident and his Thai/USA daughter.

Since writing my original note I have spent some time on the Thaievisa site and am now even more confused;

- can we apply for a Tourist visa and extend every 60 days?

- Can we get an O visa when we don't have Thai national relatives? 

Thanks, g

Well, here is another wrinkle;

My multiple entry O visa from 2020 is valid until Nov 30, 2021. Can I enter the country with this visa and then apply for an extension? 

If so, after how many days? 90 or until the end of validity (Nov 30th)? 

Thanks again, g

9 hours ago, georgesch said:

Well, here is another wrinkle;

My multiple entry O visa from 2020 is valid until Nov 30, 2021. Can I enter the country with this visa and then apply for an extension? 

If so, after how many days? 90 or until the end of validity (Nov 30th)? 

Thanks again, g

If you enter Thailand before Nov 30 2021, you will be given a 90 day permission to stay. You can then apply for an extension near the end of your 90 day permission to stay.

Edited by Mutt Daeng