Thai Government Prepares to Recruit Thais to Address Labor Shortage

webfact

27 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I think we can all agree that 300 Baht per Day is a poor wage.

However, when it is compared to other wages for other more skilled work, then it is fair.

People that for one reason or another have ended up at the bottom of the pile should not be rewarded excessively over those that have worked to attain skills and knowledge, throughout their working lives.

That really is not the way that any Society functions.

Of course it is not fair, a wage that you can not survive on is never fair. Jeez, what kind of world do you live in? 

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

Of course it is not fair, a wage that you can not survive on is never fair. Jeez, what kind of world do you live in? 

Go to the local beauty clinic and have a look.

Always completely packed. I ask myself where they have the money from to do :

nose job

boobs job

ass job

chine job

etc....

Never short of money to pay for those things.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Until they find a better job, then no. They made a definite choice when many failed to complete even M6. I worked manual labor jobs for many years, the one thing I always did was look for something higher paid, always. When I was out of work and looking, well that was a full time job for me. I went factory to factory to factory daily trying to find something. Here unless a job comes knocking I don't think they're looking too hard.

What I meant was, is something better even available for most of those people? It’s not always a matter of choice, you know. You can aspire to whatever you want, but in a country like Thailand, when you’re born into a poor family and you’re not overly intelligent, the choices you have are rather limited. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Go to the local beauty clinic and have a look.

Always completely packed. I ask myself where they have the money from to do :

nose job

boobs job

ass job

chine job

etc....

Never short of money to pay for those things.

Is it a fetish hobby of yours to hang around beauty clinic? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nausea said:

Well, good luck with that. Didn't work in the UK, despite a high profile campaign to repace migrant workers with native residents post Brexit, doubt it will work here.

The fruit pickers recruited from the local brains trust in the UK were so inefficient and expensive compared to the Romanians and Bulgarians that the farmers just gave up in some cases.....

• Haha 1