Senior doctor recommends one mRNA vaccine jab for youths to reduce myocarditis risk

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY79AfvXz2bIHzEWmI3ZCFghpj1SJ78M0msQY7.jpg

Thailand’s senior virologist has suggested that those aged 12-17 should be given just one mRNA vaccine dose, to reduce the risk of heart muscle inflammation or myocarditis.

Dr. Yong Poovorawan, head of Chulalongkorn University’s Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology, said today (Monday) that, although COVID-19 infection and fatality rates among youngsters are relatively low, compared to their elders, they are more vulnerable to serious effects from mRNA vaccines, specifically myocarditis, adding that such an undesirable side effect has been found more often in males than females.

He said that, in most cases, children or youths contract the virus from family members, from their teachers or from friends at schools, but their conditions are usually not life-threatening and have a low mortality rate, as he cited a 120-day study in the United States which shows that there were just three fatalities out of one million infected teenagers, two men and one woman.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/senior-doctor-recommends-one-mrna-vaccine-jab-for-youths-to-reduce-myocarditis-risk/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1

Millions of doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been given, and there have only been 1,000 cases of heart inflammation. Doing the math, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that for every million doses given, there have been 67 cases of heart inflammation in boys 12 to 17 (nine in girls of that age group), 56 in those aged 18 to 24 (six in girls), and 20 in males 25 to 29 (three in girls). That means the risk is quite low.

While it’s true overall that children and young adults have been less affected by COVID-19 than older adults, there’s no guarantee that they won’t get very sick if they catch it. Experts are particularly worried about the new COVID-19 variants, which seem to spread more quickly and cause more severe disease. The available vaccines do appear to protect against these variants, and the vast majority of current hospitalizations and deaths are in people who are unvaccinated.

The risk is small — and the benefits are huge.

• Like 2

Did he just wake up and throw a piece of his mind around after a perturbed night sleep or does he  base his  comments on "medical" articles they read during their insomnia ? If the latter, kindly have him contacting me as I will be able to provide him with other links

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s senior virologist has suggested that those aged 12-17 should be given just one mRNA vaccine dose, to reduce the risk of heart muscle inflammation or myocarditis.

I expect once they've got away with giving them one dose, there will be calls later to give them more.

4 hours ago, huangnon said:

Benefits to whom, other than pharmaceutical companies?

Kids under the age of 15 have virtually zero risk of serious problems or death from Covid.

They are super spreaders. As confirmed by many countries. Thus. A huge risk to beat this enemy.

• Like 2

Spreading these vaccines very thin.

It's important to follow the guidelines of the producers of the vaccine.

I'm glad I got the Pfeizer.

I don't have to worry about health repercussions from the mix & match, under the skin (intradermal), and whatever they come up with vaccination program.

What terrible predicament they've put the general public into.

And it's still the same people calling the shots.

Insane.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

They are super spreaders. As confirmed by many countries. Thus. A huge risk to beat this enemy.

Then vaxx the others but not those with close to zero risk.

And by the way: more likely super spreaders are those who are "fully" immuniated and after the second jab not tested any more.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Then vaxx the others but not those with close to zero risk.

And by the way: more likely super spreaders are those who are "fully" immuniated and after the second jab not tested any more.

You don't get it. They are getting infected and spreading it around to those who may die or end up in the hospital.

The worst, though, are the unvaccinated. Selfish, or clueless. The entire lot.

Those fully vaccinated are not the #1 problem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You don't get it. They are getting infected and spreading it around to those who may die or end up in the hospital.

It's you who does not get it. Double vaxxed can spread the virus aswell, but they are usually not tested after the second jab. So who's the potential super spreader?

A kid who's risk is near zero and will be tested in school, like other countries do? or a double vaxxed who's feeling "safe", because he's "fully imunierd" and does not get tested anymore?

It's cracy to vaxx the youngsters of no risk with vaxines without any studies of long term effects instead of those who are in the high risk groups.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It's you who does not get it. Double vaxxed can spread the virus aswell, but they are usually not tested after the second jab. So who's the potential super spreader?

A kid who's risk is near zero and will be tested in school, like other countries do? or a double vaxxed who's feeling "safe", because he's "fully imunierd" and does not get tested anymore?

It's cracy to vaxx the youngsters of no risk with vaxines without any studies of long term effects instead of those who are in the high risk groups.

BS. Stop posting nonsense. I'm double jabbed and just got tested today.

Unvaccinated spread the virus way more than those who have been jabbed.

I guess you think the FDA crazy as they are about ready to approval the vaccine for the very young shortly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, huangnon said:

Benefits to whom, other than pharmaceutical companies?

Kids under the age of 15 have virtually zero risk of serious problems or death from Covid.

And why do you think the different governments has started including the kids in the program?

Do you think it might have something to do with the amount of adults that refuse to take their shots, so now the kids has to take their spots?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alyx said:

Did he just wake up and throw a piece of his mind around after a perturbed night sleep or does he  base his  comments on "medical" articles they read during their insomnia ? If the latter, kindly have him contacting me as I will be able to provide him with other links

I bet u phizer jabbed)))

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

BS. Stop posting nonsense. I'm double jabbed and just got tested today.

Unvaccinated spread the virus way more than those who have been jabbed.

I guess you think the FDA crazy as they are about ready to approval the vaccine for the very young shortly.

Makes no sense discussing with Vaxxibans who's "facts" come from CNN. You'd better have a look at the latest study made by Ioannidis published by WHO. But I gess that goes to far for a "believer".

By the way, I'm double vaxxed too and professionally on the frontline of the fight against pandemia. Difference is that I' m not scared enough to demand everybody else has to be vaxxed, even kids with no risk.

And if you think it's BS stating there are no studies on long term effects, then show me some. Fact is: Never in the history there was a vaxxine given to people with less knowledge about it' effects.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://abc7ny.com/health/covid-update-1-million-children-infected-in-the-past-5-weeks/11034466/

COVID News: 1 million children infected in the past 5 weeks

So what? Nobody ever said kids could not be "infected".

But how many of them have any kind of symptoms?

15 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Makes no sense discussing with Vaxxibans who's "facts" come from CNN. You'd better have a look at the latest study made by Ioannidis published by WHO. But I gess that goes to far for a "believer".

By the way, I'm double vaxxed too and professionally on the frontline of the fight against pandemia. Difference is that I' m not scared enough to demand everybody else has to be vaxxed, even kids with no risk.

And if you think it's BS stating there are no studies on long term effects, then show me some. Fact is: Never in the history there was a vaxxine given to people with less knowledge about it' effects.

Loannidis? Come on. He's been discredited big time. Sad you fall for that.

As for long term side effects, that's a debunked argument by anti vaxxers.

I seriously doubt that you are on the front line. No way.

https://replicationindex.com/2020/12/24/ioannidis-is-wrong/

Ioannidis is Wrong Most of the Time

https://www.wired.com/story/prophet-of-scientific-rigor-and-a-covid-contrarian/

But even in this fast-paced and sloppy context, Ioannidis’ study is seen as standing out. Not just for its methodological weaknesses but for the apparent wrongness of its main conclusions—and the risk that these could have a harmful influence on public health recommendations.

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So what? Nobody ever said kids could not be "infected".

But how many of them have any kind of symptoms?

Quite a lot of them will develop symptoms that last for quite some time.

Statistically 44,000 kids pr million will suffer with symptoms that last more than 28 days.

Thankfully most is over within 2-3 months, but would you really risk your child suffering for several months, when a vaccine most likely would have prevented it?

Here is a long read if you care to read it.

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lanchi/PIIS2352-4642(21)00198-X.pdf

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Loannidis? Come on. He's been discredited big time. Sad you fall for that.

As for long term side effects, that's a debunked argument by anti vaxxers.

I seriously doubt that you are on the front line. No way.

First: The name is Ioannidis. And btw he's provax.

Second: Discredited by whom? CNN? Not discredited enough that WHO did not peer view and publish his studies. You might now what WHO is.

Third: To deny possible long term effects of a vaccine that was unprecetendent fast released is laughable argument of Vaxxiban who never heard of the swine flue vaccine and thelater effects.

And last: What you seriously doubt is of course up to you.

58 minutes ago, Virt said:

I knew this article already. To know what it's worth you have to read the underlying studies (which I did not). But even without that I would read the lancet interpretation carefully. Some kids may have serious effects by both the virus or the vaccine.