Costs of forced repeated tests threaten Canadian Sandbox holiday

snoop1130

8 hours ago, smedly said:

it is very obvious someone is trying to rip them off - no surprise there 

My gut feeling is that you are correct but  I would be concerned if this is not exposed and investigated . "We're told" ... by whom ? ...need to know this first. If it's the hotel, a travel agent , an airline , You challenge it . 
Has anyone dug deeper on this one  ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Midwit said:

Very nicely done. You were able to take what is happening to these people and made yourself a victim. It’s all about me, me, me. 

Yep and the millions of other business people who need to travel domestically. No sympathy for vacation makers when domestic is just as bad. Me me me. 

7 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

For anyone that’s had one, is that correct?

It's not painful, just bothering. 

They make you tickles inside your nose.

I recommend you telling them that your nose bleeds easy, so will do it specially slowly and carefully. ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:15 AM, smedly said:

did you read the article - they have already done everything you posted but are now being asked to do it again at their next destination

Yes I read it but am wondering if you read my response.  Either they encountered an unusual situation or somebody is attempting to rip them off....or they misunderstood what they were told).  

With respect to the Phuket "sandbox", I'm surprised at the posts mentioning various costs for the three PCR tests (first one is at the airport in Phuket upon arrival and the next two are during your 14-day stay).  I obtained the Certificate of Entry in the US and, in the process of doing that, I was required to pay 8,000 baht for the three tests (in fact, you can't get your final COE without uploading proof that you've paid for those tests).  How I paid for them was via an url on the US Thai embassy website (I was unaware of any other choice) and payment was made to an outfit .  Perhaps the costs vary for other countries but, for those coming from the US, it's 8,000 baht and is paid through some outfit named "Phuket City Development Co, Ltd."  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CMBob said:

or somebody is attempting to rip them off....

I think that was the general point of the article, it would be no big shock if true, the whole sandbox project was riddled with rip off red tape designed to gouge money .......................... nothing else, getting a double/treble hit and taking advantage from two elderly foreigners is no surprise to me at all

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, Bobydog said:

Best Advice, STAY at HOME! checking pre flight compliances will not save you where Thailand is concerned.

Could be right..Never been to Cyprus...just got this in (wont name company) but one must wonder...?

Paphos, Cyprus: 5-10 Night 4* Hotel Stay With Flights

By XXXXXX Travel

At a Choice of 4* & Other Hotels with London or Regional Flights from £89 Per Person, Based on Two Sharing...Total cost less than 2 x nose jabs in Pu-ket....a "beach by any other name is still a beach"....

• Like 1