Costs of forced repeated tests threaten Canadian Sandbox holiday

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

sent emails about one week ago to [email protected] and [email protected] for clarifications of the rules, but did not receive any response.

'mai pen rai'    it's all just a complete misunderstanding,  we'll work out the minor details later ....

just get your deposit done and we can start    !!        

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mberbae said:

It's insane. My German friends arrived 2 weeks ago in

Phuket. Both were vaccinated in Germany and had their

negative test results. Then they needed to be tested

three times in Phuket. Another 16,000 baht for that.

Kaching kaching for somebody.

it is a mess,   however ....  would any other country be different, I mean are you going to trust someone else's piece of paper from Nigeria or Brazil that say's your fine, all negative tests.   ?

You see what I mean ?

• Like 1

Can't understand why any Tourist would want to travel to Thailand 

With all what's involved in getting here 

Arriving and finding most places closed no Alcohol  in restaurants ect

Must be pretty desperate for a holiday 

Best wait until next year 

When hopefully things get back to normal

• Like 2

These days, very few people visit Thailand because they want to, it's mainly workers and others who visit because they have to.

These repeated  and very expensive PCR tests are quite unnecessary to the fully vaccinated, as is the covid insurance and quarantine. It is regarded as a scam income stream (a dribble really) for the big insurance companies and a lifeline for the hotel trade.

According to many, Thailand has destroyed its reputation and poverished its people with its incomprehensible handling of the pandemic. It has killed the goose that lays the golden egg and there will never be a tourist industry like before.

Thailand has been late to the vaccination game. It needs to really try and complete this by year-end and meanwhile prepare a new future for a quarter of its economy.

• Like 2

Let's be honest who would want to go on holiday at the moment .

Nothing is open 

Everywhere is shut.

Not even allowed  a beer with some food at restaurants. 

You can't even rely on a ladyboy to steal your wallet.(where have they all gone?)

Probably back in the sea.

Edited by kwak250

1 hour ago, stigar said:

Yup...i order a taxi from sukumvit 7 to soi 31...he asked me 600 bath.I speak thai so i told him to go to hell..i took another taxi cost me 39 bath.

Lucky its quiet at the moment otherwise you would have had about 10 of them getting preseason practise in for when it finally opens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malibukid said:

the hospitals here clearly taking advantage of the situation.  a friend was in overnight for food poisoning and was charge 30k!  8K of that was for 6 changes of PPE

yep no one does it like LOS eh greed greed and more greed squeeze em Dry..

14 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

Anyone that wants to travel during a pandemic and take a vacation needs to accept that rules and regulations, just as at home, are likely to change. I live in Bangkok. The rules for me to travel to Phuket, Samui, Ko Tao, Phi Phi, any of those places or other provinces have changed regularly over the last few months. 

And do they also need to accept these hospitals rip off prices for these PCR tests? All these lowlifes are doing is using a pandemic to make themselves rich, and this soldiers government is allowing them to.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

Anyone that wants to travel during a pandemic and take a vacation needs to accept that rules and regulations, just as at home, are likely to change. I live in Bangkok. The rules for me to travel to Phuket, Samui, Ko Tao, Phi Phi, any of those places or other provinces have changed regularly over the last few months. 

I got my friend back to Bangkok, from NZ, after he finished MIQ they put him in a 10k Bhat special ordered Taxi that took him to Nakhon Sawan. No problems. He did have proof of address/ rental agreement.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

nonsense ....

Well could be right! watching the numbers here in NZ and just over a thousand infected with Delta, about 14 in Hospital no one seriously ill at present, most infected are recovering, and recovering at home in isolation, is that more serious than the Flue, which leads to Pneumonia in elderly and compromised people, I will let posters decide.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Thailand can kiss their High Season goodbye if they don't loosen up and learn to live with this.  Imho.

There's not going to be a high season before charter flights are available. 

You can open up Thailand but if there's no easy way to travel nobody will come. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting take from the travel article from the author of "Loyalty Lobby" on his "Sandbox" experience.

"Thailand  Phuket Sandbox Experience – Worth It?"

John Ollila

Reading Time: 5 mins read

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/09/20/thailand-phuket-sandbox-experience-worth-it/?omhide=true

Edited by MrJ2U
Add

15 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

….Over the last few hours and days

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

it is a mess,   however ....  would any other country be different, I mean are you going to trust someone else's piece of paper from Nigeria or Brazil that say's your fine, all negative tests.   ?

You see what I mean ?

Works both ways. Farangs or Thais getting vaccinated or tested in Thailand will travel too.  Other countries trust that piece of paper too

52 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Well could be right! watching the numbers here in NZ and just over a thousand infected with Delta, about 14 in Hospital no one seriously ill at present, most infected are recovering, and recovering at home in isolation, is that more serious than the Flue, which leads to Pneumonia in elderly and compromised people, I will let posters decide.

If you look world wide you will see that more people died of covid than the influenza. To say that covid is not as bad as the flu is a lie. Then again so many fruitcakes on this forum that im not surprised that people post this. 

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

If you look world wide you will see that more people died of covid than the influenza. To say that covid is not as bad as the flu is a lie. Then again so many fruitcakes on this forum that im not surprised that people post this. 

what is 'influenza' even? Did you look at the mortality rates lately? 2020 pretty similar to 2019 and the years before. You have been pulled into a mass psychosis believing we are facing a deadly virus (well it can be, but mainly for risk groups which were just as vulnerable for "Influenza" or other coronaviruses before!) while in fact it was pretty much just a year like any other with the exception of media fearmongering and public hysteria. With all the hysteria, most even forget about the extreme damage to the economy and livelihoods of the 'living', and the damage the lockdowns caused.

As the pressure on mass vaccination despite all concerning data shows more clearly every day, the real goal was probably always to introduce a 'health pass' on a global level (and to make $$$ for big pharma and their shady promoters on the way). It was never about health as it looks. Why the hell would anyone advocate to vaccinate even children who have a higher risk of physical harm from the 'vaccines' than from Covid? Myocarditis risk alone is 5 times higher for them than without the vaccine, and myocarditis means death within 5 years for an estimated 20-35% of patients.

If you have current factual information indicating otherwise, let me know please.

• Sad 3

15 hours ago, Gold Star said:

It is not a sand box, it is a sand trap!

Thailand is killing off their tourist industry, and is far from being ready for it.

With such brutal restrictions, mandatory costly testing, and stupid new rules popping up like sunscreen fines and enjoying alcohol, the only tourists that could enjoy themselves are those from Nocturnal Alcoholics Anonymous organizations.

It absolutely fills me the urge to defalcate how these people tell fully vaccinated foreigners what to do and how to do it, and at a very high cost!!! The Thai nationals pose a greater rick of infecting the foreigners and each other with the cheap Chinees knock off vaccine SinoGarbage they use on the general population.

This is nothing but another scam to bleed your hard earned money out of your pockets by the scammers, liars, and thieves that come up with this nonsense. If you are a tourist, don't come here to spend your money as there are MANY other more welcoming places on Earth to see. Always remember one thing, you don't need Thailand, Thailand needs you!

This is in no way is the fault of the "GOOD THAI PEOPLE", period!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, pepi2005 said:

what is 'influenza' even? Did you look at the mortality rates lately? 2020 pretty similar to 2019 and the years before. You have been pulled into a mass psychosis believing we are facing a deadly virus (well it can be, but mainly for risk groups which were just as vulnerable for "Influenza" or other coronaviruses before!) while in fact it was pretty much just a year like any other with the exception of media fearmongering and public hysteria. With all the hysteria, most even forget about the extreme damage to the economy and livelihoods of the 'living', and the damage the lockdowns caused.

As the pressure on mass vaccination despite all concerning data shows more clearly every day, the real goal was probably always to introduce a 'health pass' on a global level (and to make $$$ for big pharma and their shady promoters on the way). It was never about health as it looks. Why the hell would anyone advocate to vaccinate even children who have a higher risk of physical harm from the 'vaccines' than from Covid? Myocarditis risk alone is 5 times higher for them than without the vaccine, and myocarditis means death within 5 years for an estimated 20-35% of patients.

If you have current factual information indicating otherwise, let me know please.

antivaxxer nonsense no need to waste time with you. Sorry some people are just lost your one of those so wont comment. I can give you all the facts you want but you will never believe me. Its how antivaxxers are no use talking with people like you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If u think the cost of additional tests is exorbitant, consider the inconvenience

and cost of a false positive result!

I still don't get why any tourists would travel internationally just now, every rule

is subject to change without notice.

Edited by expat_4_life

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

I have no sympathy for these poor Canadian tourists. It is more punitive for domestic business than visitors and they have a choice to go elsewhere other than Thailand. Every time I get on a plane domestically it costs me an extra THB 7,000 just to fly and return to Phuket per person to run a business. It is a ridiculous expense and wastes considerable time. Hanging around a hospital waiting to get tested is just extra exposure to a Covid risk. So my sympathy is with other business people across Thailand that have to regularly undertake the hassle and the costs to get from point A to Point B simply to comply and keep their business operating in difficult circumstances.

Very nicely done. You were able to take what is happening to these people and made yourself a victim. It’s all about me, me, me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ronster said:

Sounds like they fell into quicksand !! ????????????????

Silly old fools thinking it would be just a 14-day quarantine!

Nothing much open, covid propaganda being pronounced by a government of military and police 'professionals', daily rule changes, ignorance by untrained officials -- oh, only the senile ones will want to holiday in the LoS!