Thailand to try alternative COVID-19 vaccination method to stretch supplies

snoop1130

6 hours ago, rtco said:

I had mine about 6-weeks ago and I felt nothing and that seems to be one of the reactions or non-reactions. It all depends on the person being injected.

It does indeed. My first AZ jab caused a slight discomfort when I lay on the site of the jab. No visible marks at all. My second caused me to have very mild flu-like symptoms 24 hours after the jab. These lasted for a couple of hours, then fine.

Friends have mentioned a variety of very minor, but similar after effects, or sometimes none.

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Next it will be just giving people a look at a vial .....job done.

I received my Astrazeneca jab a few weeks ago , i was expecting

some kind of reaction ,  nothing at all, I did not even feel the needle

go in, no mark on my arm, I am wondering if it even happened ,????????

Authorities have also decided to administer separate shots of Sinovac's vaccine followed by that of AstraZeneca, a technique yet to be adopted elsewhere.  ... trial and error ????

regards worgeordie

Not sure whether to say you were one of the lucky ones but wife and I had mine in the UK, May and 2nd dose July. Felt both of the injections and didn't feel too clever the next day on both occasions which almost without exception, was the case with everyone else I spoke to who had the Astra Zeneca vaccine, felt <deleted> for 24-36 hours after. Let hope it was the genuine article not a placebo!! 

15 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

Not sure whether to say you were one of the lucky ones but wife and I had mine in the UK, May and 2nd dose July. Felt both of the injections and didn't feel too clever the next day on both occasions which almost without exception, was the case with everyone else I spoke to who had the Astra Zeneca vaccine, felt <deleted> for 24-36 hours after. Let hope it was the genuine article not a placebo!! 

My wife also had AstraZeneca two weeks after me , at different

hospital , no reaction at all , just like me,  

regards worgeordie

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Next it will be just giving people a look at a vial .....job done.

I received my Astrazeneca jab a few weeks ago , i was expecting

some kind of reaction ,  nothing at all, I did not even feel the needle

go in, no mark on my arm, I am wondering if it even happened ,????????

Authorities have also decided to administer separate shots of Sinovac's vaccine followed by that of AstraZeneca, a technique yet to be adopted elsewhere.  ... trial and error ????

regards worgeordie

Maybe it was just water. That's another way to avoid shortages. ????

I had my AZ jabs in the UK with the first one in February and the second must have been in May and the only problem I had was a slight ache in that arm after the second one but I was having problems there anyway so there may be no connection. Otherwise nothing at all. I do know people that were unwell for a day or maybe two but that's far better than covid symptoms. My son who is 41 had it just before Christmas and although he didn't have to go to hospital he was unable to do much for some time and spent one day in a darkened room.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's one thing to be pushing the cutting edge of medical developments.

It's an entirely different thing to be going over the edge into approaches that haven't been scientifically  / medically confirmed in any meaningful way.

With the international recognition of vaccination certificates from Thailand there are already problems with their mixing of different vaccines. If the vaccine doses are reduced now, further problems are bound to arise. Hopefully there will be no revocation of Thai vaccination certificates at international level.

5 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The one thing to be sure of , is that AZ will be working tirelessly to dis-associate themselves from any practice using their Vaccines that has not been through their due diligence process of testing , and clinical Trials Etc.

AZ will not be the only people looking at this latest " Frankenstein " move by Thailand. Governments around the Globe will be asking if Thailand has completely lost the plot, trying to fly in the face of all known methods and recommendations on Vaccination.

This move could well spell more restrictions placed upon Tourists to Thailand by their respective Governments.

I wonder if the UK will create a "redder than red list" just for Thailand ????

Look like this winter's sojourn is off as well ????

14 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Now we know why the condos fall apart after a couple of years some genius in authority decided it would save money watering down the mortar. 

And what they do not use gets poured down the drains and sets in there!

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the method, which doctors began exploring last month, could be used at the discretion of medical professionals, providing it was supported by evidence.

To me above quote from the article says it all.   Health Ministry really don't know if the method works, hasn't done thorough testing or collected a lot of data in support of the method,  passing the responsibility to the medical community, etc.  Kinda like allowing the Thai medical community to do a test drive of the method without a helmet, license, insurance, etc...and then if things go wrong they just say, Oh Well...it didn't work out...now, let go test drive this other method Dr. Somchai thought would be neat to try.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, Keesters said:

It could also depend on whether you got the vaccine or a placebo. 

Well it was organised through the British Chamber of Commerce Thailand so I'm guessing that kind of gives it an official seal.

7 minutes ago, rtco said:

Well it was organised through the British Chamber of Commerce Thailand so I'm guessing that kind of gives it an official seal.

Like anyone anywhere knows if they got a real vaccine or a placebo. We're all in the dark as to what was actually injected into you. 

• Like 1