Thailand to try alternative COVID-19 vaccination method to stretch supplies

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Frankly, if it was a choice between someone whose background is in construction and those who are medical professionals, I know who I would trust.

With that I indeed agree but the ultimate responsibility is his as Health Minister

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

That is interesting.  From what I have read having some feeling, pain and swelling is actually a good thing as it shows your body is responding to the vaccine and starting to create antibodies. 

I had mine about 6-weeks ago and I felt nothing and that seems to be one of the reactions or non-reactions. It all depends on the person being injected.

1 hour ago, Thaifly88 said:
6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

That is interesting.  From what I have read having some feeling, pain and swelling is actually a good thing as it shows your body is responding to the vaccine and starting to create antibodies. 

I also felt nothing when I got my 2nd Pfizer shot. The following day I was quite sick, it lasted 2 days, so I was reassured.

I had my first Pfizer shot yesterday, and i didn't even feel the needle go in, so far no reaction, but a little bit tender around the site, no sign of any blood, now after reading this news well ...........:unsure:

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, Thaifly88 said:

I also felt nothing when I got my 2nd Pfizer shot. The following day I was quite sick, it lasted 2 days, so I was reassured.

When I had my AZ felt nothing but 48 hours later had a fever one minute hot one minute cold lasted about 6 hours and was then okay have my 2nd AZ next week

19 minutes ago, rtco said:

I had mine about 6-weeks ago and I felt nothing and that seems to be one of the reactions or non-reactions. It all depends on the person being injected.

It could also depend on whether you got the vaccine or a placebo. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Joules said:

Uh, actually, all Thais dilute the concrete mix when building.  It flows better so they do not have to do as much work.  I had to fight constantly with my workers when building my house to keep the excess water out of my concrete,  It made them angry.  So why not add a little water to the vaccine?   It is the way here.  It is GETTING the vaccine that counts so you can proudly wear that little sticker; it makes no difference whether it works.  You can't see that.

Same with paint. More thinner than actual paint. 

• Like 1

This has been proposed in the scientific literature over and over so I'm not sure why people are making it out to be some crazy idea. The Thai govt last month said they were testing this so it really shouldn't be a surprise. It sounds more like people who don't understand science are mouthing off in a knee-jerk reaction. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Keesters said:

It could also depend on whether you got the vaccine or a placebo. 

All of my friends that have had the vaccine here  said they didn't experience any side effects or pain after the vaccine, which makes you wonder.. 
They were also joking about this on the weekend saying that it was probably a placebo shot ????

Edited by Kaopad999

1 hour ago, pops1 said:

I had my second dose of pfizer yesterday. At first I felt fine, a little headache but nothing too bad. Today I feel like I did 10 rounds with Tyson Fury. My body is aching all over.  I feel like I got the mother of all flu. Had the shakes last night and couldn't sleep.

I also had my second dose of Pfizer last Monday, same as 1st dose 3 weeks earlier, slight headache, sore injection site for a day and a half, a little lethargic, maybe your immune system is better than mine ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Why are they always trying to cut corners,, just follow the scientific proven results... 

Or will the next faze  be then let's water down the vaccine with saline to save money....   Unbelievable... 

Someting wrong with Lemon Tea?

I'd assumed that the legislation granting immunity from prosecution for those behind the vaccination decisions was to cover the disastrous procurement process.  Now I realise it was also to cover the disastrous decisions, not backed by science, that they were going to make going forward.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has turned to unconventional approaches due to problems in supplies,

Glue sniffing springs to mind.

Maybe just open a vial then get 15 or more hopefuls to give a good long sniff at it until it has all vaporized . Worth a try.

So, it's not even being called a trial?

Can you opt out of the '20% of a dose' experiment?

Is this national policy?

Do you need to ask Somchai which way he is going to stab you?

Are the Thailand FDA aware of this development or is it news to them again just like the Sinopharm to kids <18yrs unapproved vaccines?

Would whoever gave this the green light allow their parents to be a vaccine dosage guinea pig?

Will you get the same vaccine certificate?

Is the 20% of a dose acceptible internationally for travel?

<<Insert your question here>>.......

• Like 2

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Next it will be just giving people a look at a vial .....job done.

I received my Astrazeneca jab a few weeks ago , i was expecting

some kind of reaction ,  nothing at all, I did not even feel the needle

go in, no mark on my arm, I am wondering if it even happened ,????????

Authorities have also decided to administer separate shots of Sinovac's vaccine followed by that of AstraZeneca, a technique yet to be adopted elsewhere.  ... trial and error ????

regards worgeordie

I don't care if they gave or pretended, so long as I have my papers to say I've had 2 shots.

• Sad 2

It may not be such a crazy idea.  Due to the reduced vascularity (blood supply) of the subcutaneous tissue compared to that of the muscle - the vaccine is likely to remain ‘on site’ for a longer period - giving the immune system a better look at it - and hence mount a good immune response.

The downside is that subcutaneous injections hurt more than intramuscular injections.