Cambodian Woman in China pleads for help on TikTok

geovalin

The government is working to rescue a citizen who claims she was beaten by her husband in China. According to her TikTok’s video, the victim described her name as Ath Sopheak from Kampong Speu province’s Samraong Tong district, and her mother is Phi and father is Ol.

She appealled to Prime Minister Hun Sen help to her get back to Cambodia. “I came here three to four years ago. I cannot contact my family in Cambodia. Please Samdech, help me get back,” she said in video on TikTok.

Ministry of Interior’s Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Department chief Lieutenant General Chiv Phally told Khmer Times yesterday that the department already collected information from officials at the Foreign Affairs Ministry to have a basis to cooperate with the authorities “of the target country” to seek intervention to help the victim.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50938637/cambodian-woman-in-china-pleads-for-help-on-tiktok/

Several years ago I visited Siem Reip with  my family.  We stopped in at a restaurant and noticed a table of eight young Chinese men.  Putting it charitably, these were not terribly attractive men.  They paid close attention to an attractive well-dressed Young Chinese woman who kept coming to their table with updated information.  At first, I thought they were Chinese soldiers in civilian dress.  Later, I realised what we had there—the hapless fellows had paid to meet their new Cambodian brides.  Apparently, the Cambodian purchased wives are not well-regarded nor well-treated in traditional Chinese family culture.  Such a shame this happens all too often.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2