Thailand ranks second in ASEAN for most COVID-19 jabs, sixth for two-dose percentage

snoop1130

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Don't they?

China offered persuasion and cash to people to get vaccinated. 

In Shanghai, some neighbourhoods rewarded each newly vaccinated person with 300 yuan (£33); others gave out milk, eggs and washing powder. In Sichuan province, its health commission has this month released a rap song called Get Jabbed Quick.

Source

I lived in Shanghai for 10 years, I have lots of friends and family there today, they have not and do not know anyone who got paid for the vaccine, they have not heard about such an offer. This is just another western media propaganda. 

5 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

I lived in Shanghai for 10 years, I have lots of friends and family there today, they have not and do not know anyone who got paid for the vaccine, they have not heard about such an offer. This is just another western media propaganda. 

One of the links he provided to confirm this, is from Chinese new media not what you describe as western media propaganda

http://www.nbd.com.cn/articles/2021-05-02/1731416.html

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 10:40 AM, malthebluff said:

The percentages quoted for each country are supplied from the population not on age. If 100 people differant ages live in that country and 44 elderly are vaccinated it still leaves 66%. I understand what your saying about kids not being vacs but there isn't much differance in the countries requards age so the % of population including kids.

And that's if the statistics are genuine and are to be believed. The problem will be if only 20% protected compared to 80%

So you don't think that every country should quote the percentage of those that are eligible for vaccination that have been vaccinated?

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

So you don't think that every country should quote the percentage of those that are eligible for vaccination that have been vaccinated?

It should  but it is not t's on population and vaccine so really not worth comparing if a country has 100 million people and 50% are vacs and another 66 million like Thailand and 44% vacs I agree it should be on age of population and these who have had the vac but its cooking the books 

46 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

I remember reading on here how Thailand offered people things in the provinces not sure if money was involved more like discounts on stuff and vouchers

On 9/21/2021 at 5:27 PM, alyx said:

Numbers look good  ???? and great news. Does that mean that the three conditions imposed by its Governor will be met to open Bangkok and welcome fully vaccinated  in a month or so as planned ? ???? 

But 44 million even 80 % in uk does not mean covid figures go down in uk they are still going up so obviously something else is causing covid to spread  could it be the V......

15 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

But 44 million even 80 % in uk does not mean covid figures go down in uk they are still going up so obviously something else is causing covid to spread  could it be the V......

Which has not stopped UK from lifting all restrictions as mask wearing and distanciation

5 hours ago, malthebluff said:

It should  but it is not t's on population and vaccine so really not worth comparing if a country has 100 million people and 50% are vacs and another 66 million like Thailand and 44% vacs I agree it should be on age of population and these who have had the vac but its cooking the books 

Are you now trying to say Thailand is doing something other countries are not?

Distortion is exactly that, whatever country they originate from.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Are you now trying to say Thailand is doing something other countries are not?

Distortion is exactly that, whatever country they originate from.

Read it wrong I missed a full stop. But cooking the books meant for all countries. 

I dont understand what makes you think that the survey is  based on age and the % of vaccinated it would be to big a job to do such a survey as every country have differant ages where vacs are given some age just  13  that have been vaccinated where in other countries they still doing  the age 40s. And nowhere in any of the survey does it say about age of population.

Much easier to count all the people and the vacs given to get a percentage. And that's why i think the surveys or the out come of them are worthless 

14 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

Or is the absence of payments is a Chinese inspired propaganda? They hardly have a history of telling the truth wrt Covid! (And other things for that matter, as my time there made me feel).

On 9/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, Bkktodd said:

Community infections among vaccinated doesnt mean death.  Forget about zero covid.  That aussie /nz mentality needs to be put to bed

Well community infections has caused 40 covid related deaths alone in September in Singapore out of a total of 95. In terms of % that's massive. And yes, those 40 includes fully vaccinated individuals although almost all are age 60 and above.