Former senior prosecutor to be probed for not indicting Red Bull heir in hit-and-run case

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, poskat said:

why are you making it an either/or

do a crime, make restitution to the victim to "set things right" thai style and go to prison as the punishment for the bad deed

In 1979, my mother was killed by a car driver in his Mercedes.
He had over 2/1000 of alcool in his blood, this he was DRUNK.

But he was the owner of the local bar and fanclub of the local football team and he was not prosecuted at all.
My father did need to pay the damage of his Mercedes because the judge decide that my mother was wearing "dark clothes" and it was "sundown".

Is this the style you want to introduce in Thailand?

Why not return to your "perfect" country where you come from?

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

All the "probes" around this case are starting to get old...

Has anyone been sentenced or even arrested since they started investigating a case which clearly indicates rampant corruption on all sides?

It's like "we know that everyone knows that it was all corrupted but we need to keep a positive image by pretending to right the wrongs even though everyone knows we won't actually do anything" type of nonsense.

Hit them hard, confiscate the brown envelope/suit case 

16 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

So what you’re basically saying is that rich people can do anything they like as long as they pay good money for their crimes afterwards? What happens when Joe Schmoe does the crime but can not pay? Doesn’t the law apply to everyone equally?

No ...not in a Class based Monarchy such as this. Lesser people are worth less. Where you been? Well actually the rule applies in most countries a Trump or a Clinton will have far more pull and consideration from law compared to others in the west but here the gap is glaringly obvious, legally enforced and part of the culture. 

Edited by starky

22 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Honor, sincerity, righteousness. With such disgusting figures as "representatives of the law", the legal system degenerates into a laughing stock. Equal rights for all, a cornerstone of any functioning society, are mocked here. Such figures do not belong in a public office, but in a prison. They broke their oath to honor, uphold, and defend the law.

That has yet to be shown as not being the case. 

7 hours ago, starky said:

No ...not in a Class based Monarchy such as this. Lesser people are worth less. Where you been? Well actually the rule applies in most countries a Trump or a Clinton will have far more pull and consideration from law compared to others in the west but here the gap is glaringly obvious, legally enforced and part of the culture. 

Of course this is Thailand, I know very well how the system works here: if you gave enough money you can literally get away with murder. But that’s no reason to sit back and accept it. Things can change. I’m not very hopeful they will, but simply giving up and saying “that’s how the system works” is admitting defeat. So I applaud any and every effort to bring a rich spoiled brat to justice and send the message that even they can go to jail when they screw up. 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:47 AM, Confuscious said:

I don't understand why Thailand likes to be the laughing stock of the world.
Everybody knows that the Red Bull family paid a lot of money to the widow of the policeman and paid for the well-being of her children.
That's a lot more that any widow/widower of the daily 65 road deaths in Thailand would get.
In Thailand it is custom that if you kill somebody on the road, you do a hit-and-run and turn yourself to the police ahter you are sobered and got advice from everybody.
Everybody in this case, from the widow to the highest magistrate has been paid off.
Will everybody be happy if the Red Bull heir is in jail and the family of the police man will be in misery?

Why would the family of the police man be in misery they got money already.

I never had that advice to run and sober up, then again I don't drink and drive and don't hang out with people who do. So maybe you are in a different social circle. The people who advise you this are probably people who drink and drive. Not people who don't because then there is no reason not to stop.

So you think its ok to kill someone with your car while drunk and escape jail because you paid people off ?

I am of the opinion that people who drink and drive and kill someone should be in jail for a long time. (same for drugs and driving).

Your way will never help to lower the drunk driving cases if people can buy their way out.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Of course this is Thailand, I know very well how the system works here: if you gave enough money you can literally get away with murder. But that’s no reason to sit back and accept it. Things can change. I’m not very hopeful they will, but simply giving up and saying “that’s how the system works” is admitting defeat. So I applaud any and every effort to bring a rich spoiled brat to justice and send the message that even they can go to jail when they screw up. 

Who said anyone is accepting it lol. Actually you should get out there in the streets and protest your displeasure at the Thai government, demand change, be a force for good. Otherwise your doing exactly as mush as everyone else is about it. don't bridge up like your some mad activist. Your applause is doing exactly sweet fa.

If you wanna know where Vorayuth is, just ask Chrisy Horner, that clownish windbag loves being on camera, yet nobody asks him about the whereabouts of their boss of bosses, Vorayuth. 

It is not a secret that Vorayuth doesn't miss a single F1 GP, perhaps the FIA should have some questions to answer too.