First Timer Or Not?

villagefarang

When you married Thai was it you first time or have you been married before and how many times? Thought it might be interesting to see if the majority are going Thai after a bad Western marriage or if their first plunge was Thai. Personally I skipped the whole first marriage thing and waited for the "trophy wife". That way I missed the bitter divorce and alimony drama. Met the wife at 43 and married at 45. Had a great single life and even better married one.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and only marriage (so far) to a Thai, waited until I was 50 before I took the plunge. I thought I had a pretty good "handle on life", right up to the moment my first child was born. 12 years on and I'm still learning.

This thread is much too positive to last but I for one hope it hangs in there for a while. Nice balance to all the negative stuff.

Good stuff.

But it won't take long before someone posts about their "disaster" & then the debating & mud slinging follows.

Cheers,

Soundman.

This thread is much too positive to last but I for one hope it hangs in there for a while. Nice balance to all the negative stuff.

I hope it lasts.

2nd time for me. First time was ok, but careers are not for life and I prefer having less money and having a family.

Great life here and am often surrounded by her family, our kids and life is wonderful. Do anything for them and they are certainly not spongers.

Edited by Dupont

I am on my 4th and LAST marriage now. My currrent Wife is Thai and I have never felt so comfortable in a marriage before as I do now.

the first 3 were English

2 of them did not last as long as my current marriage ...but stupidly I was married twice before I was 22. Som na na!

I don't really have any regrets..I have 3 grown up Sons from my second marriage, all of whom I still see regularly.

Its been a facinating roller coaster ride of a life for me

TP

So ... So Sad :o

Naka.

How can you say that? You know nothing about the OP or his wife. To each their own.

Thanks for backing me up but I'm not too worried about such things. Most comments say more about the poster than who they are posting about. It is nice to know there are good people out there, though.

Naka.

How can you say that? You know nothing about the OP or his wife. To each their own.

I see them walking down the road every day.

So sad. Nothing to do with affection, all to do with poverty.

Naka.

Naka.

I see them walking down the road every day.

So sad. Nothing to do with affection, all to do with poverty.

Naka.

Sound like a lonely, prejudice old woman to me. Not everything is as it appears. Hope you too find some happiness, somewhere, someday.

When you married Thai was it you first time or have you been married before and how many times? Thought it might be interesting to see if the majority are going Thai after a bad Western marriage or if their first plunge was Thai. Personally I skipped the whole first marriage thing and waited for the "trophy wife". That way I missed the bitter divorce and alimony drama. Met the wife at 43 and married at 45. Had a great single life and even better married one.

Second time around for me ....... first to a UK lady and now 14 yrs into my Thai marriage. No complaints here!

Villagefarang :

Personally I skipped the whole first marriage thing and waited for the "trophy wife".

Trust you are joking ... ?

Wiki :

Trophy wife is a highly pejorative term, usually applied to a physically attractive younger woman married to a man who has obtained a high level of success, be it physical, financial, or otherwise. Usually, the Trophy Wife is not the first wife of the man and has had little to do with the achievement of that success. The term is often used to imply that the man's intent is to exhibit his wealth and success, the social phenomenon known as conspicuous consumption. The term "gold digger" is used to describe a woman who intentionally seeks this arrangement.

The marriage of former Playboy playmate Anna Nicole Smith to oil magnate J. Howard Marshall is considered an extreme example as at the time of their marriage, he was 89 years old and she was 26.

Villagefarang :
Not everything is as it appears.

So now I am confused :o .

Edited by WaiWai

Villagefarang :
Personally I skipped the whole first marriage thing and waited for the "trophy wife".

Trust you are joking ... ?

Wiki :

Trophy wife is a highly pejorative term, usually applied to a physically attractive younger woman married to a man who has obtained a high level of success, be it physical, financial, or otherwise. Usually, the Trophy Wife is not the first wife of the man and has had little to do with the achievement of that success. The term is often used to imply that the man's intent is to exhibit his wealth and success, the social phenomenon known as conspicuous consumption. The term "gold digger" is used to describe a woman who intentionally seeks this arrangement.

The marriage of former Playboy playmate Anna Nicole Smith to oil magnate J. Howard Marshall is considered an extreme example as at the time of their marriage, he was 89 years old and she was 26.

Villagefarang :
Not everything is as it appears.

So now I am confused :o .

Of course I was joking, thus the " " marks. It is fair to ask though as you had no way of knowing for sure. Was meant more as a compliment to my wife that I still find her attractive and lust after her even though we have been together for 10 years. To further clarify it does go both ways.

The not everything is as it appears was meant to reflect that even though a couple may look mismatched by appearance, it doesn't mean they aren't a very good match indeed. Kind of like don't judge a book by its cover. Hope that answers any questions you might have.

One marriage to Western Wife, tried the mia noi route for 2 years, saw sense, still married to WW - going on 30 years and very, very,happy.

Yeah, sometimes a little extracurricular activity can make a person realize that they actually have a good thing going already. Unfortunately some people make the break too quickly and live to regret it later. Glad things are working out for you.