New COVID Cases Won’t Drop Further

webfact

u.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 22 (TNA) – The number of new daily COVID-19 cases will not fall further for the time being because of the resumption of business and activities, according to Dr. Kiatiphum Wongrajit, permanent secretary for public health.

New cases were likely to remain at about 10,000 a day and would not drop further because some disease control measures were lifted to support economy and workers, he said.

People must continue to seriously protect themselves from COVID-19 and co-exist with the disease, Dr. Kiatiphum said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-785457

tnalogo.jpg
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If this is the case, and I suspect it is, how about opening the schools?

So long as teachers and parents vaccinated then sure. There will be a large spike as a result, just like other countries that opened schools but that needs to be pre planned and managed, they've got all the evidence in front of them to have in place the necessary measures to cope.

With 12 - 17 year olds now on the plan to get vaccinated it will help.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It's got nothing to do with governments.

Nonsense. What a ridiculous statement.

Take Thailand for example. The government screwed up the vaccine procurement process, they even actively blocked the private sector from assisting with it. They vaccinated low risk people on a tourist island instead of at risk people in the main financial hub. Now the government has created and prolonged a lockdown to try and buy some time until they sort it out. Some might argue that the lockdown also helps them fight anti government protests.

Australia and NZ governments have adopted a zero covid policy where millions are locked down for a few dozen cases, causing riots on the streets.

How you can say this has nothing to do with governments is beyond me. If everyone was vaccinated there would be far fewer people needing beds. Most would be asymptomatic or mild symptoms so we could continue with our lives without needing permission to do something or go somewhere.

Nothing to do with governments? Incredible.????

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nonsense. What a ridiculous statement.

Take Thailand for example. The government screwed up the vaccine procurement process, they even actively blocked the private sector from assisting with it. They vaccinated low risk people on a tourist island instead of at risk people in the main financial hub. Now the government has created and prolonged a lockdown to try and buy some time until they sort it out. Some might argue that the lockdown also helps them fight anti government protests.

Australia and NZ governments have adopted a zero covid policy where millions are locked down for a few dozen cases, causing riots on the streets.

How you can say this has nothing to do with governments is beyond me. If everyone was vaccinated there would be far fewer people needing beds. Most would be asymptomatic or mild symptoms so we could continue with our lives without needing permission to do something or go somewhere.

Nothing to do with governments? Incredible.????

It's very simple but obviously not enough for you.

Governments can do whatever they want.

However, if the healthcare system cannot handle the numbers, then restrictions will be reintroduced.

Just like Singapore just did after one week.

Waning vaccines, poor or little immunisation for a sizeable minority of the population and those who refuse the vaccines will mean covid will always have a moving target.

If enough people get sick and hospitalised restrictions will be introduced.

That's a fact, no matter how many emojis you put after posts.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It's very simple but obviously not enough for you.

Governments can do whatever they want.

However, if the healthcare system cannot handle the numbers, then restrictions will be reintroduced.

Just like Singapore just did after one week.

Waning vaccines, poor or little immunisation for a sizeable minority of the population and those who refuse the vaccines will mean covid will always have a moving target.

If enough people get sick and hospitalised restrictions will be introduced.

That's a fact, no matter how many emojis you put after posts.

Well it should be simple, but you are proving otherwise. Whose fault is it that the healthcare system cannot handle the number of hospitalizations because the population is insufficiently vaccinated and therefore requiring hospitalization? <<Drumroll>> That's right, it's the government's fault. They've had plenty of time to roll out vaccines as the UK has shown. Lockdowns are nothing to do with the government? Yeah OK... ????.

You're very argumentative for someone with so few posts BTW. Just got banned and rejoined? ????

• Like 2

Just now, JonnyF said:

Well it should be simple, but you are proving otherwise. Whose fault is it that the healthcare system cannot handle the number of hospitalizations because the population is insufficiently vaccinated and therefore requiring hospitalization? <<Drumroll>> That's right, it's the government's fault. They've had plenty of time to roll out vaccines as the UK has shown. Lockdowns are nothing to do with the government? Yeah OK... ????.

You're very argumentative for someone with so few posts BTW. Just got banned and rejoined? ????

I'm talking about after the population is vaccinated.

Try to read and understand what i have said.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I'm talking about after the population is vaccinated.

Try to read and understand what i have said.

That's fascinating. I'm talking about the plight of Chimpanzees in West Africa. I just declined to mention it until now ????.

Seriously though, define "vaccinated". 85% double jabbed? If you think we're going to be locked down until then, you better order in a few more Hazmat suits and make it comfy in your safe space behind the sofa because the restrictions will be lifted way before you're comfortable with it. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

New cases were likely to remain at about 10,000 a day and would not drop further because some disease control measures were lifted to support economy and workers, he said

As restrictions are lifted the infection rate will rise again, then only thing Thailand can do is push the vaccination programme so those that get infected have a functioning immune system in the early day..

The Thai economy , tourism ,local business the stock market etc are all connected currently to the number of covid cases reported on a daily basis . With less testing by government agencies and a big push towards individual self testing  does anyone really believe  the current  reduction in daily positive cases are not being manipulated by a  corrupt government .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And water will remain wet for the foreseeable future.

Wait, water is wet, I'll be damned never knew that, I thought it was just cool and refreshing like alcohol, of which I have not had any at a restaurant in awhile.......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

So many experts....

So little knowledge.

....and so many not practicing mitigation measures and protocol [as a society]. 

The bug can only spread if it's allowed to. Basic and simple reasoning.

Clearly not understood by the vast populations worldwide, as surges and spikes continue on for the last year year and a half.