Multiple Entry Under 50

Sorry it's probably been asked a thousand times before but I have a friend who's in the USA at the moment and buying a condo here doesn't actually work here but works from his laptop, he's under 50 with no problem about showing income to cover his living here, what visa is applicable to him.

Thanks for any help given.

None; unless he actually works here in a business setting.

Could he not get a multi non-o 'visiting friends and family' visa from a friendly consulate and remain under the radar on the work front? Obviously no chance of an extension though.

It is not designed for the purpose outlined and may not be available - all we know is "he is in the USA at the moment". From most recent reports such a visa is not an off the shelf item in the US for those type of reasons - only marriage or retirement is it normally easily available. I took the "applicable" at face value and there just is none.

It is not designed for the purpose outlined and may not be available - all we know is "he is in the USA at the moment". From most recent reports such a visa is not an off the shelf item in the US for those type of reasons - only marriage or retirement is it normally easily available. I took the "applicable" at face value and there just is none.

Fair enough Lop.

Best he can manage would be Tourist Visas then (and still stay under the radar with his 'work').

He could talk with sponsor Sunbelt or another firm to set up a business setting - it probably would not be that costly in the long run and could solve both the visa and looking over your back problems, especially if this is expected to be a long term affair. There just is no direct visa answer.

Fair enough Lop.

Best he can manage would be Tourist Visas then (and still stay under the radar with his 'work').

Why would it matter about his work if he's not earning income from Thailand? If a Thai visited the U.S. and did some online Thailand-based work, that certainly wouldn't be an issue.

Fair enough Lop.

Why would it matter about his work if he's not earning income from Thailand? If a Thai visited the U.S. and did some online Thailand-based work, that certainly wouldn't be an issue.

Unless you want to try and pay unnecessary tax for some reason, it really does not matter. Many people work online, trade stocks etc. So his visa has nothing to do with work.

Sorry it's probably been asked a thousand times before but I have a friend who's in the USA at the moment and buying a condo here doesn't actually work here but works from his laptop, he's under 50 with no problem about showing income to cover his living here, what visa is applicable to him.

Thanks for any help given.

Thanks for the interest, looks like the only option at the moment would be a tourist visa he'd problaby be going back to the U.S. every few months anyway, unless he finds the love of his life and gets married like the rest of us.