Visa renewals not accepting 'Wise' transfers on bank statements unless it says 'international transfer'

24 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

ACH option?

ACH = Automated Clearing House, a network used for electronically moving money between bank accounts across the United States. 

It's difficult for me to see how the method used to move the money from your US bank account to a Wise account in the US would have any bearing on whether the transfer to Thailand is recorded as international or not.

5 minutes ago, skatewash said:

ACH = Automated Clearing House, a network used for electronically moving money between bank accounts across the United States. 

It's difficult for me to see how the method used to move the money from your US bank account to a Wise account in the US would have any bearing on whether the transfer to Thailand is recorded as international or not.

Thank you.   

I am from UK and transfer my money from wise to BBL using long term stay etc.   I transferred money over the weekend and arrived as usual 2pm the following day as " international transfer".

Not that I use the income method for visa extension, just the 800k in the bank.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, thailand49 said:

Money from U.S. to Bangkok Bank

So presumably Wise didn't use Bangkok Bank as their partner bank in this particular instance? This should have guaranteed the coveted FTT coding had they done so.

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

So presumably Wise didn't use Bangkok Bank as their partner bank in this particular instance? This should have guaranteed the coveted FTT coding had they done so.

That is the catch you say " this should have guarantee " their message and response " they will try but there is no guarantee "  I said try a bit harder can you!????

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

That is the catch you say " this should have guarantee " their message and response " they will try but there is no guarantee "  I said try a bit harder can you!????

The 100% guarantee comes with their SWIFT transfers (and cost a little more). 

On 9/25/2021 at 7:07 PM, GrandPapillon said:

farangs are treated with the most disrespectful and contempt ways by IOs, the procedure itself is "harassment"

what is amazing is that most farangs wouldn't accept that kind of treatment in any other country, yet take it all here.

At what point, do you say "stop" and claim back your "self pride"?

I have never felt what you feel with immigration.

It's all about those men in uniforms shuffling paper, that said, when they don't accept something because it doesn't comply with their rule, or we forgot something, we have to comply, there is no other way about it, nothing about being disrespected, or having to feel inferior.

The way I see it is that I have to see these paper shufflers in uniform once a year and in my opinion, it's a dead beat government job, and in my opinion, they wouldn't last long in the real world in farang land if they were fortunate enough to get a real job, unless it was in a mail room, if they still exist of course.

So once a year I go in, put on my best smile, doesn't cost me anything, and I do my best to comply, suffice to say it appear that you hit a technical problem that others have also hit in the past, so best you sort it out at your end so that you can comply, nothing to do with immigration officers, they have their rules which are push down upon them from the dipsticks up top, so do the shuffle and get on with it man.

Everyday I'm Shuffling - LMFAO on Make a GIF

On 9/25/2021 at 4:07 PM, GrandPapillon said:

farangs are treated with the most disrespectful and contempt ways by IOs, the procedure itself is "harassment"

what is amazing is that most farangs wouldn't accept that kind of treatment in any other country, yet take it all here.

At what point, do you say "stop" and claim back your "self pride"?

I have never been treated with disrespect or discourtesy at the IO nor have I witnessed any such behavior nor have my friends ever mentioned it. If a foreigner self refers as a 'farang' then his self pride is in need of evaluation.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:33 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Unlike you i ... earn loads of money here and have a Thai wife who does the same.

So you could if needed, in last resort take the V.I.P.. solution easy ????

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have never been treated with disrespect or discourtesy at the IO nor have I witnessed any such behavior nor have my friends ever mentioned it. If a foreigner self refers as a 'farang' then his self pride is in need of evaluation.

Thais can be very polite even when they despise you, but their whole process at immigration is definitely disrespectful and intrusive, and complete unnecessary 

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have never been treated with disrespect or discourtesy at the IO nor have I witnessed any such behavior nor have my friends ever mentioned it. 

Well I have been treated extremely rudely by a very unprofessional Immigration Officer, I'm glad to hear that neither you or your friends have had the same experience as me.  

Before Knon Kaen office opened we used to go to Nong Khai.  I went there some years ago with my wife and her mother as we were going to Tasadet market afterwards.  When the officer had extended my visa he literally threw my passport at me.  My MIL was appalled and told him how rude he was and he apologised to her, but not to me!

(This was not Mr. Happy, who was extremely strict but fair.)