Visa renewals not accepting 'Wise' transfers on bank statements unless it says 'international transfer'

My first few minimum monthly 65,000 baht transfers using Wise were listed as 'international transfer' on my Bangkok bank statements, but then sometimes they were listed as only 'transfers'. So even though they came via Wise from my UK bank they were not considered valid as proof of my monthly transfer when I wanted to renew my retirement visa. I was told that this was probably because Wise may have transferred the money from their Thailand based bank instead of their UK one. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it something to do with Bangkok Bank? And have you found a way around this crazy problem? Thanks. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

When you get to the "Payment purpose" question on your Wise transfer request, choose "Funds for long term stay in Thailand".

Wise are aware of the issue and created this option specifically to help us.

I do this already but Bangkok Bank statement printouts and bank books do not show this information. They just say 'Transfer'

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

When you get to the "Payment purpose" question on your Wise transfer request, choose "Funds for long term stay in Thailand".

Always worked for me (although I do not need it for extension).

Excerpt from the internet "Account activity":

17 Sep 2021 14:00     International Transfer xxxxxxxx AUTO
16 Aug 2021 14:00     International Transfer xxxxxxxx AUTO
30 Jun 2021 14:01     International Transfer xxxxxxxx AUTO
17 Jun 2021 14:00     International Transfer xxxxxxxx AUTO
10 May 2021 14:00     International Transfer xxxxxxxx AUTO

On the book they appear with code "FTT".

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.  So sorry it took a problem with bank to get you to register and join us.

This "problem" emerged at least 2 years back.  Wise provided us a solution.  To my knowledge you would be first since having solution to have the problem reoccur.

Will be following closely to see if others are seeing same.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, GrandPapillon said:

Immigration is really being overzealous with those transfers, which just demonstrates how far they will go to 'harass' farangs,

I don't understand how can anyone accept this, even illegal immigrants in western countries have better options with western immigration departments

farangs need to vote with their feet with all that non-sense, otherwise it just smells desperation and they will keep increasing the pressure

Farangs? What about other foreigners? Here in Pattaya the farangs are outnumbered by non white visitors? Anyway the OP should just use an agent to resolve such issues.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Farangs? What about other foreigners? Here in Pattaya the farangs are outnumbered by non white visitors? Anyway the OP should just use an agent to resolve such issues.

farangs are treated with the most disrespectful and contempt ways by IOs, the procedure itself is "harassment"

what is amazing is that most farangs wouldn't accept that kind of treatment in any other country, yet take it all here.

At what point, do you say "stop" and claim back your "self pride"?

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 9/24/2021 at 2:07 AM, treetops said:

Have you opened a Wise Borderless account at any point?

Yes, had one for a couple of years. It is very useful to be able to convert GBP to THB a few times a month when the rate looks good, and then one day before you need it in your Bkk Bank, you send THB to THB, it's already been converted. Costs Bht 32 to send it.

23 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Welcome to the forum.  So sorry it took a problem with bank to get you to register and join us.

This "problem" emerged at least 2 years back.  Wise provided us a solution.  To my knowledge you would be first since having solution to have the problem reoccur.

Will be following closely to see if others are seeing same.

I am with SCB and every year I transfer a lump sum 3 months before my extension is due, and I wasn't aware of any code or whatever to prove where the money came from, so being curious, I just opened up the pages on my passbook and the only code each time I transferred the lump sums of money annually in the passbook all show P1.

There is nothing saying anything like FTT or international transfer so how come it's different for me ?

I do select Funds for long term stay in Thailand as well.

Just curious and mine is a marriage extension so it has to be checked at immigration and forwarded to their divisional head quarters for approval.

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am with SCB and every year I transfer a lump sum 3 months before my extension is due, and I wasn't aware of any code or whatever to prove where the money came from, so being curious, I just opened up the pages on my passbook and the only code each time I transferred the lump sums of money annually in the passbook all show P1.

There is nothing saying anything like FTT or international transfer

so how come it's different for me ?

I do select Funds for long term stay in Thailand as well.

Just curious and mine is a marriage extension so it has to be checked at immigration and forwarded to their divisional head quarters for approval.

This thread is about monthly transfers  -  you are not affected.

Your money in the bank is covered by a bank letter.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Had an issue with my renewal this year. 3 incoming transfers went via Bangkok bank not direct to my Kasikorn account. After the issue came up at renewal, as I was unaware of it, and it turned out to be when I sent over 100,000 baht in those months!!

I took it up with twise in a chat or message session and they assured me in the future it will only come direct to my Kasikorn account and it has.

I also get a signed letter from one of Kasikorns international branches, confirming each monthly income was received from my UK bank and the amount!!

• Like 1