Ridiculous electricity bill

Foek

20 hours ago, kennw said:

Just think yourself lucky, not like many Thais (and others) who live in apartment blocks where the owner of the block read their own meter at each room and then bill the renter at 8 Baht/unit. I think it is illegal (to resell electricity) but it is very common.

I had that when I was staying at an apartment in South Pattaya years ago. The building owner had separate meters for each unit - tucked away somewhere you couldn't normally see them.
Then each month they'd calculate how much juice you used and charge you (7 1/2 or 8 baht a unit) and just put it on the bill as "electricity".

I found out what they did was charge all their tenants that way and use the money to pay for their own electricity usage and they used a lot as they had 2 apartments plus were running a laundry on the ground floor.

I was making lots of money at the time and didn't worry about it but it was quite annoying when the power would go out, usually during the first week of the month, as they hadn't payed the previous month's bill so the PEA would cut the juice. Then they'd scramble down to the office, pay last month's bill, but not the current one because they needed the money for other things.

So glad I moved out of there.

I've got all my old power bills for the last couple of years (or more) but I can't be arsed to pull them out and start comparing the numbers. 

Just hope that they give us another discount, but as the weather is "cooler" now, I suspect the overall power consumption will go down as well and there probably won't be another discount for a long time (if ever).

16 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

There's a poster said he was charged 1200 baht extra, but only used 40 units more, he doesn't understand aswel..

yeah he doesn't understand his bill and where his discount is shown and that his units were probably capped, others have made the same mistake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

According to the MEA app 

Condo in Bangkok

07/21 Charged 40 THB - Units 121 kWh 
08/21 Charged 40 THB - Units 259 kWh  (heard there was a discount so ran AC more) 
09/21 Charged 955.60 THB - Units 246 Kwh 

Looks about right. Your Feb bill 40 baht? No discount for September

My electricity bill is quite steady throughout the year, a high of 4,083 Baht

in May , lowest February 3,311 Baht , thats just the weather, in September

it was 3,494 Baht , We have never had any discounts ,

Going back to 2019 bills were July 3,443 Baht Highest  to February 2,734 Baht

the lowest , 2020  highest August 3,494 Baht  lowest February ,again 2990 Baht

but it is the shortest month.so in past few years prices have not gone up that

much.

regards Worgeordie     P.S. I did not type it this way its the way it came out ?

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 1:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 9/27/2021 at 11:26 AM, Freddy42OZ said:

According to the MEA app 

Condo in Bangkok

08/21 Charged 40 THB - Units 259 kWh  (heard there was a discount so ran AC more) 

Looks about right. Your Feb bill 40 baht? No discount for September

Not sure where you got Feb bill from ???? 

I showed July, August and Sept.  

Yep appears to be no discount for September.

On 9/27/2021 at 5:26 AM, Freddy42OZ said:

According to the MEA app 

Condo in Bangkok

I though mine was the lowest at around 100 baht; but 40 baht is the lowest I've heard of thus far.

Seems they got you back in September, as you cranked up the air con ????

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The bills are discounted based on Feb bill, feel free to check

I only moved into the unit in July. 

It had been empty for at least 6 or 7 years prior to me taking it.  My previous condo is next door - I just upgraded to a bigger unit after 10 years.