Ridiculous electricity bill

Foek

Anyone else got a much higher electric bill this month?

My consuming was only 40 units more than last month but my bill went up with 1200.- baht.

Looking at my company records from the past 5 years  it was always around 2500, not 3700 like now. 

<deleted> is PEA doing?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yeah, last month I see there was a discount of almost 700 baht on my bill. This month I used less juice and had a higher bill !

Oh well. The temperatures should be cooler in the next few months anyways.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yup, looks like another victim of the covid discounts ending.

@Foek did you record the actual consumption as well as the bill itself? If not, the PEA App. goes back over a year so you could at least check against last year. The actual cost of power hasn't increased in a looong time.

I have the PEA .apk if you can't find it, PM me if you need it.

And I have an app called ECAS where I can put in my meter readings, electricity & water, whenever I remember, and it shows daily & total consumption and cost for the month.

During my 3 years stay in a condo in Pattaya, guess how much I had to spend for electricity? Nothing! I simply didn't get any invoice and the electricity was never cut. As of today, I don't know how this happened or perhaps who had payed for my electric bill. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reactions.

Yes i know i had covid discount but not so much that my bill should now be 1200 baht higher than last year September. 

In fact my discount for 2 months was only 200 baht per month. So discount first , overcharged later.

I always have a good cheese with my wine , thanks

17 minutes ago, Foek said:

Yes i know i had covid discount but not so much that my bill should now be 1200 baht higher than last year September. 

In fact my discount for 2 months was only 200 baht per month. So discount first , overcharged later.

Talk to the PEA and take them some cheese.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Foek said:

Can you post an image of your bill with the personal details redacted please.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Foek said:

So we’re you over charged or did you actually use about 840 units?

if you used many fewer units go to PEA as you were overcharged. If that is your consumption then you have been charged correctly and you are making wrong assumptions on being overcharged.

6 minutes ago, robpuff said:

Mine went from 823 to 1850 baht...when asked they stated price has gone up, but my usage was nearly the same...when does the price go up more than 100%?

The price effectively went up because the discount ended!

4 hours ago, PeachCH said:

During my 3 years stay in a condo in Pattaya, guess how much I had to spend for electricity? Nothing! I simply didn't get any invoice and the electricity was never cut. As of today, I don't know how this happened or perhaps who had payed for my electric bill. 

So one would assume you are renting, if so, then I would suggest that you refer to your lease, perhaps the electricity is included in the rent and if that is the case, you are in fact paying for your electricity.

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Can you post an image of your bill with the personal details redacted please.

Why can't posters not provide most basic info!?

How many units? What cost?

If cost/units is less than 4.5 Baht then all good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed, although having the bill (assuming direct MEA/PEA billing) is useful as it also has the previous 6 months usage numbers so we can see if there's any significant change in usage.

We all want to help, but, as you note, we really need at least minimal information. 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just think yourself lucky, not like many Thais (and others) who live in apartment blocks where the owner of the block read their own meter at each room and then bill the renter at 8 Baht/unit. I think it is illegal (to resell electricity) but it is very common.

2 hours ago, kennw said:

Just think yourself lucky, not like many Thais (and others) who live in apartment blocks where the owner of the block read their own meter at each room and then bill the renter at 8 Baht/unit. I think it is illegal (to resell electricity) but it is very common.

If the topic starter would have provided essential info one could look at this.

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So one would assume you are renting, if so, then I would suggest that you refer to your lease, perhaps the electricity is included in the rent and if that is the case, you are in fact paying for your electricity.

I didn’t rent. I was the owner!