Phuket Will Lift Entry Restrictions on October 1st

snoop1130

3ab82c1de8a7fa50a4f2ce25718954e9_small.jpg

PHUKET (NNT) - Phuket’s communicable diseases committee has agreed to lift entry restrictions on October 1st, allowing travelers to enter the resort island via air, sea and land.

Phuket Governor Narong Woonsiew said passengers arriving by air will be required to show proof that they have completed their COVID-19 vaccinations, or recovered from COVID-19 within six months of their date of arrival. They must also show a negative coronavirus test result, using the RT-PCR or antigen test method, taken no more than seven days before arriving on the island.

He added that those who arrive via the Tha Chatchai checkpoint or seaports will also be required to show a negative test result, using the RT-PCR or antigen tests taken no more than seven days prior to arrival. All incoming travellers must download the “Mor Chana” application for contact tracing.

Meanwhile, Phuket’s Chamber of Commerce honorary chairman Urachai Chaiwat said the Phuket “sandbox” program attracted around 300 tourists each day, well below the target of 1,000 daily foreign arrivals. From July 1st, when the program started, to September 20th, only 34,880 foreign tourists have visited Phuket.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Christian said:

Which restrictions have been lifted?  Double vaccinated and PCR test still in place? The 'within 7 days' of departure is a good amendment as the 2 day turnaround was causing chaos even with the very low numbers travelling

Currently, PCR/ATK tests cannot be more than 72 hours old on entry to Phuket.   That becomes 7 days from 1st October.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Paul Christian said:

Yes I read that - I was wondering more about whether the 2 weeks in an SHA hotel in Phuket is a restriction no longer required - I'm waiting for Bali or Bangkok really but at some point I'm going to have to head somewhere in S E Asia

this is for domestic travel only I believe but Could be wrong - I understand your confusion because all the rules change by the day - a sure sign they not playing with a full deck

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

only 34,880 foreign tourists have visited Phuket.

that number doesn't seem to have changed since the start of Sept

seems the sandbox has revealed itself as nothing more than a slightly better ASQ and not the tourism success certain players would have us all thinking - it failed, the key now is working out why, not sure any of them have the ability - they could read these forums as it was worked out for them months ago

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pagallim said:

Currently, PCR/ATK tests cannot be more than 72 hours old on entry to Phuket.   That becomes 7 days from 1st October.

What a complete joke. Covid cases still on the rise and because the thai government screwed up and the desperation for money is so noticeable they decide to change the goalposts again but no reasoning behind it 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, smedly said:

are they handing out free smartphones to those that don't have them and also paying for data network connections for those that do

It woud be very cheap to do that if they so decided, since finding a Thai traveller without a smartphone and flat broadband is more difficult than finding a white fly.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Phuket... last place I'd go to for a relaxing week at the moment.

I agree. But some of us "have" to go there. For example, I have been waiting 6 months, two trips paid and cancelled, to visit my second condo there and dust off the cobwebs. Personally I welcome these news. I will go asap and for sure they won't see me much while I am there.

• Like 2