2nd Pfizer Jab through Expatvac Today

Chris.B

1 hour ago, bojo said:

That surprises me no end and I gotta be honest, I find that rather hard to believe................If true, that's good news for the classroom as lessons are usually between 30 and 40 mins depending....................

The subject was about shopping not the classroom. Since when do kids wear n-95 masks and sit at there desks 6 feet apart and wash there hands after shopping........w.  t.   f........................?

My post was to help people to feel a little more at ease from the worry of getting Covid while shopping and nothing to do with classroom circumstances................ to be honest.

That 1.5 million Pfizer batch sent by the USA expires November 30, 2021. So last date to get 1st jab is about November 9th. Unless MOPH exchanges with some of the new batches they have coming in soon.  

Thanks for the update.

I've got my second planned for Khon Karen next Sunday.

My wife is in line for the Moderna.

Has anyone heard any recent news?

Hard to impossible to travel with just one of us vaccinated.  

I don't think Thailand has thought about that and the money to be made for domestic tourism.

5 minutes ago, RBOP said:

That 1.5 million Pfizer batch sent by the USA expires November 30, 2021. So last date to get 1st jab is about November 9th. Unless MOPH exchanges with some of the new batches they have coming in soon.  

How's do you know this?

My shots October 2nd.

I'm have my wife ask and take a picture of the bottle with the expiration date.

I occasionally drink milk thats a few days old.  Should be ok.

Better than the Chinese Swill 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

How's do you know this?

My shots October 2nd.

I asked and also got a picture of the expire date from the hospital info sheet.  You will not be able to see the actual vial as the dilutions / syringe fillings are done somewhere else.  October 2nd you're well within the dates. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

How's do you know this?

My shots October 2nd.

Ya, it's more of a "best if used by" date rather than suddenly turning to poison on that expiration day.  Pfizer got an extension by 3 months from printed date on bottle if kept at long term storage temp, from Aug 25th article:

"The FDA has extended the shelf life of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine from six months to nine months, the agency said Aug. 24. 

The shot can now be stored at temperatures up to minus-76 degrees Fahrenheit, up from minus-130 degrees Fahrenheit, for up to nine months, up from six months. 

The agency said the updated shelf life applies to batches that expired before the extension, as long as they were stored at proper temperatures."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Denim said:

It's not only AZ that can hit you hard like this. Pfizer and Moderna also. The older you are the less likely you are to get these side effects. My 85 year old mother had none after 2 jabs. The younger you are the more active your immune system and when it kicks in the side effects are what you experience. 

Hmm, might not get the Moderna that is coming next month. And certainly not for my kids! 

All night I had shivers and hot/cold sweats, not pleasant. 

Edited by Neeranam

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

I asked and also got a picture of the expire date from the hospital info sheet.  You will not be able to see the actual vial as the dilutions / syringe fillings are done somewhere else.  October 2nd you're well within the dates. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, Chris.B said:

The whole thing was handled smoothly and professionally by the Thai people and they have my appreciation.

No doubt as you are also very appreciative of the American government who practically saved your life.

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

No doubt as you are also very appreciative of the American government who practically saved your life.

I am but I would also have been happy with being vaccinated with AstraZeneca which the UK donated 415.000 doses to Thailand.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

...  With a vaccine developed in Germany.

I know of many non-American expats who are eternally grateful to USA because so many Americans on various threads have repeatedly told us it should be so. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I am but I would also have been happy with being vaccinated with AstraZeneca which the UK donated 415.000 doses to Thailand.

It's just that you didn't mention the Yanks in your comment, only the Thai's for administering Pfizer and without Pfizer, well.

21 minutes ago, champers said:

...  With a vaccine developed in Germany.

I know of many non-American expats who are eternally grateful to USA because so many Americans on various threads have repeatedly told us it should be so. 

Pfizer and BioNTech are manufacturing the vaccine in their own facilities in the United States and in Europe. So yes, you should be grateful. 

Got my Pfizer No.2 last Thursday, exactly 3 weeks after No.1 at Phitsanulok University sports hall. Was told to be there between 13.00 & 14.00. Done and dusted by 13.55 with certificate and Mor Prom working perfectly and instructions on how to get the Yellow Book. No side effect whatsoever either time.

I did notice that for No.1 they had us lined up in 6s as there are 6 doses in each phial. 2nd jab, lined up in 7s!

20 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Yes, strange that. I thought expats in Korat were being sorted.

I would pull out all stops including re-registering at expatvac if I was you. Try the link I sent you earlier and register with the BCCT.

I did try the link you sent me (Thank you) but once I had registered my details it told me it was full.

Re-registering at expatvac is pointless.

I am already on the computer system. I went and checked on Monday.

They told me there was no Pfizer vaccine available and they were not expecting any for at least two weeks.

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There have been many opportunities for foreigners in Korat to get a variety of jabs. 

Perhaps you would like to give more details.

I registered with expatvac on 10th August. I am not aware of any other "opportunities"

I am still waiting despite being 69.

My wife has only just received her first SinoPharm shot.

15 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

I did try the link you sent me (Thank you) but once I had registered my details it told me it was full.

Re-registering at expatvac is pointless.

I am already on the computer system. I went and checked on Monday.

They told me there was no Pfizer vaccine available and they were not expecting any for at least two weeks.

Try this then...

• British people who are at least 60 years old with one of 7 stated chronic illnesses and all employees of British Chamber of Commerce Thailand member companies operating in dark red zones can register interest to receive a vaccine at https://tinyurl.com/yy2e4tuf.

• Like 1

I posted this on another thread but it's worth re-posting it here just for information.

I thought readers of this thread might be interested in an update.

Having drawn a blank on trying to contact the Korat vaccination centre. I decided to pay them a visit.

I wanted to set my mind at rest that they had my name and correct contact details on their list. 

It is on the fourth floor of Central Plaza.

It was immediately apparent that there were no farangs.

There were what seemed like thousands of Thais queueing up at various points without any social distancing .To say the area was overcrowded is an understatement, in fact, it was borderline chaos.

I really don't understand why such an operation could not be organised at an outdoor/semi-outdoor venue. 

If this virus is as contagious as everybody says it is, then they were simply asking for trouble forcing people to to wait for hours in a confined area.

The staff were helpful in the circumstances and I found out that they did indeed have my contact details but no Pfizer vaccines were currently available. They thought that it might be about two weeks before any new supplies arrived.

I had a number of other questions for them,for example, why had I not been previously contacted given my advancing years?

And how many foreigners had already being vaccinated?

But I really didn't want to hang around in there, so close to so many people.

So I'm still waiting, fingers crossed.

I wonder how many other 70-year-olds are still waiting?

6 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

I posted this on another thread but it's worth re-posting it here just for information.

I thought readers of this thread might be interested in an update.

Having drawn a blank on trying to contact the Korat vaccination centre. I decided to pay them a visit.

I wanted to set my mind at rest that they had my name and correct contact details on their list. 

It is on the fourth floor of Central Plaza.

It was immediately apparent that there were no farangs.

There were what seemed like thousands of Thais queueing up at various points without any social distancing .To say the area was overcrowded is an understatement, in fact, it was borderline chaos.

I really don't understand why such an operation could not be organised at an outdoor/semi-outdoor venue. 

If this virus is as contagious as everybody says it is, then they were simply asking for trouble forcing people to to wait for hours in a confined area.

The staff were helpful in the circumstances and I found out that they did indeed have my contact details but no Pfizer vaccines were currently available. They thought that it might be about two weeks before any new supplies arrived.

I had a number of other questions for them,for example, why had I not been previously contacted given my advancing years?

And how many foreigners had already being vaccinated?

But I really didn't want to hang around in there, so close to so many people.

So I'm still waiting, fingers crossed.

I wonder how many other 70-year-olds are still waiting?

I wonder if this has got anything to do with it?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2187239/korat-hospital-chief-stunned-by-sudden-transfer

21 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I suggest approaching your local district health office if you are over 60.

As you can see some people are already getting their second dose.

I wholeheartedly agree.  If you can't find your local district health office, ask around at the hospital and find out where the vaccination center is, and then go there at 9 a.m. on a weekday.  Go to the registration tables and plead your case.  We found in the Roi Et City vaccination center that they have allotments, and they have people that have not shown up, meaning they have extra (Pfizer).  We were told to go speak to 2 people: 1 was the allotment manager and she was sitting at her own table next to the doctor that was by all appearances in charge.  They were very helpful, answered questions and addressed our concerns, and, if you meet any of the criteria, they will get you into the queue right then.

Give it a try and let us all know how it works out for you.

Interesting. I live about ten kilometers outside town of Nakhon Sawan and I haven't heard anything since I got the reply back from expatvac that I had successfully registered. I'm also registered at Sri Sawan hospital, supposedly to get the Moderna vaccine next month (maybe). I wonder why expatvac hasn't given me an appointment yet. I'm over 80.

Edited by Acharn