2nd Pfizer Jab through Expatvac Today

Chris.B

29 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Interesting. I live about ten kilometers outside town of Nakhon Sawan and I haven't heard anything since I got the reply back from expatvac that I had successfully registered. I'm also registered at Sri Sawan hospital, supposedly to get the Moderna vaccine next month (maybe). I wonder why expatvac hasn't given me an appointment yet. I'm over 80.

Have you checked your spam mail folder? The appointment could be in there.

Nakhon Sawan have been vaccinating the over 60s for more than 3 weeks now.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, Chris.B said:

That's why you have had to wait then. The government have been vaccinating in order of their list of priorities. Under 60s were not on it unless having underlying illnesses, etc.

In my province of Phayao I have  a few friends under 60 who have had 2 jabs already.  They did not have any underling illnesses. They were not teachers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

You can order most of your groceries online also.

2 hours ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

True. I should perhaps have said perishables ????

So you catch Covid from the postman or courier who have already visited a 100 people that day.

15 hours ago, ripstanley said:

In my province of Phayao I have  a few friends under 60 who have had 2 jabs already.  They did not have any underling illnesses. They were not teachers.

No one to my knowledge got an email. All were contacted by phone. Or were proactive after their mates got phone calls. 

Normally I ignore calls from unknown numbers but in this case I was alerted to the number to look out for.  

5 hours ago, Denim said:

Expat vac has a 24 hour call center. The number is : 02 572 8442. For English press 9

I just called them ( Sunday 26 September ) and was quickly put through to someone .

I asked if there was a way I could check on the progress of my successful registration. He said he could not do this but told me they are receiving many calls from expats all over Thailand who have not yet heard anything since the confirmation of registration email. He said we have not be left out and will be notified when a vaccination is available but that demand is still high. They are working on it. When asked what the vaccine would be he replied that he could not say but most likely Pfitzer or possibly Astra Zeneca. When asked how long it would take before I will here from them he said many people have been waiting more than a month although some were lucky enough to hear quiet quickly.

Link :

https://consular.mfa.go.th/

Hope this helps those still waiting.

Many thanks for posting this, especially the phone number.

It's very much like the sort of response I was getting to my emails to the same office.

The problem seems to be that once Expatvac have forwarded the registered names to the local health office, it's out of their hands.

Each local health office appears to be working to their own set of rules, hence the discrepancies and imbalances across the country.

So, it doesn't help much but maybe it's nice to know we (the forgotten few) are not alone.

23 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Have you checked your spam mail folder? The appointment could be in there.

Nakhon Sawan have been vaccinating the over 60s for more than 3 weeks now.

Yes, I checked my spam folder. Nothing. Do you know if [email protected] will reach them? Neither of the emails I got to register gave a contact address and both said not to reply to them.

ETA: Two posts up from this one is a clear explanation, with a call center number, but from his description it doesn't look like it's very helpful.

Edited by Acharn
A

• If you are having trouble registering for a Covid-19 vaccination please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) at [email protected]. If you successfully registered for a vaccine via the MFA website and received an email stating your application has been declined, call the MFA on +66 (0) 2572 8442.
  •  

Edited by Chris.B

46 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Yes, I checked my spam folder. Nothing. Do you know if [email protected] will reach them? Neither of the emails I got to register gave a contact address and both said not to reply to them.

ETA: Two posts up from this one is a clear explanation, with a call center number, but from his description it doesn't look like it's very helpful.

Try Nakhon Sawan Provincial Public Health Office, phone: 056 232 001

Chris how did you get your first jab? always through the website?

I had my first shot through local hospital (AZ) but i would like to get pfizer as second one. But expactvac does only allow to apply for first doses. Failing would mean being not eligible to any vaccine in the future.

Do they actually check it or can i apply?

30 minutes ago, dadadede said:

Chris how did you get your first jab? always through the website?

I had my first shot through local hospital (AZ) but i would like to get pfizer as second one. But expactvac does only allow to apply for first doses. Failing would mean being not eligible to any vaccine in the future.

Do they actually check it or can i apply?

I received both jabs through Expatvac.

In your case, I would get the 2nd shot of AZ through the local hospital and then look for a booster shot next year.

Edited by Chris.B

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

I received both jabs through Expatvac.

In your case, I would get the 2nd shot of AZ through the local hospital and then look for a booster shot next year.

thanks!

i took AZ when there were no news of any Pfizer in the country so was the only choice.
now that there is choice i would prefer to avoid a second shot of it; hence i asked

I go to the health office in surin around 15 of august and she called e on the 2 of september and the next day i receive 1 jab so i receive 1 jab on the 3 september and 2 dose on the 24

and i go to surin hospital for translate thai to english

Screenshot_20211008-163039_Gallery.jpg