Jump to content

2nd Pfizer Jab through Expatvac Today


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had my 2nd Pfizer jab through https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ today.   There were about 25 falang turned out at 9am at Big C 2 in Nakhon Sawan city. Big C 2 is empty now. In a separate queu

Though 15 & 23 are considerably under 60 

It's not only AZ that can hit you hard like this. Pfizer and Moderna also. The older you are the less likely you are to get these side effects. My 85 year old mother had none after 2 jabs. The younger

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Consider yourself lucky.

I'm still waiting for my first one. (Korat)

Went into the vaccination centre on Monday and was told I would have to wait a minimum of two weeks!

Stay home and stay safe brother until then-

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Consider yourself lucky.

I'm still waiting for my first one. (Korat)

Went into the vaccination centre on Monday and was told I would have to wait a minimum of two weeks!

Same. Registered with expat vac but was a bit slow off the mark as at first I thought my other registration for Moderna would come good.....but it hasn't. Could have had Sinovac today with wife but I need something I can travel to Europe with next year. Not especially worried as we live in an isolated and hardly see any people.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Consider yourself lucky.

I'm still waiting for my first one. (Korat)

Went into the vaccination centre on Monday and was told I would have to wait a minimum of two weeks!

Consider yourself lucky too. I was given a date of 3rd Nov. Mind you this was via my local hospital. I have heard nothing at all from Expatvac since I registered on 2nd Aug. When I asked the (very friendly) woman at the hospital why it was such a long wait, she replied that Thai people must be vaccinated first. Consequently, some weeks after my appointment was given to me, my 23 year old niece and 15 year old nephew received notification of their vaccination dates in October

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

Consider yourself lucky too. I was given a date of 3rd Nov. Mind you this was via my local hospital. I have heard nothing at all from Expatvac since I registered on 2nd Aug. When I asked the (very friendly) woman at the hospital why it was such a long wait, she replied that Thai people must be vaccinated first. Consequently, some weeks after my appointment was given to me, my 23 year old niece and 15 year old nephew received notification of their vaccination dates in October

Are you aged 60+ ?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

How do you do your shopping then?

 

With Lazada & Shopee there are far fewer things you need to go out to shop for, other than groceries of course

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

How do you do your shopping then?

 

As soon as the store open in the morning I'm in. Deserted at that time. The closest I get to anyone is at the checkout.

Before covid would go 3 times a week. Now only once.

 

This is in a rural location nowhere near one of the countries hot spots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

With Lazada & Shopee there are far fewer things you need to go out to shop for, other than groceries of course

Yes. Its been so wet here for the last month i would have been indoors even without covid. Garden ruined. Only buying groceries as a result although if it carries on like this I will be looking for a canoe on Lazada.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes. Its been so wet here for the last month i would have been indoors even without covid. Garden ruined. Only buying groceries as a result although if it carries on like this I will be looking for a canoe on Lazada.

😂 I'll be doing that come Nov/Dec. Floods every year

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

Aged 58 1/4,  going on 14 😄

That's why you have had to wait then. The government have been vaccinating in order of their list of priorities. Under 60s were not on it unless having underlying illnesses, etc.

 

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neeranam said:

I fee <deleted> after getting the AZ. Any idea how long symptoms last anyone?

 

Nauseous and can't eat my dinner. 

 

 

Didn't get it that bad, I was just achy and tired. For both jabs of AZ that lasted through the day for me but after a night's sleep I was fine the next day.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrjohn said:

I'm 69 and still waiting!

Yes, strange that. I thought expats in Korat were being sorted.

 

I would pull out all stops including re-registering at expatvac if I was you. Try the link I sent you earlier and register with the BCCT.

 

 

 

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I fee <deleted> after getting the AZ. Any idea how long symptoms last anyone?

 

Nauseous and can't eat my dinner. 

 

 

24-48 hours usually, perhaps just after a good night's sleep.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Yes, strange that. I thought expats in Korat were being sorted.

There have been many opportunities for foreigners in Korat to get a variety of jabs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

Consider yourself lucky too. I was given a date of 3rd Nov. Mind you this was via my local hospital. I have heard nothing at all from Expatvac since I registered on 2nd Aug. When I asked the (very friendly) woman at the hospital why it was such a long wait, she replied that Thai people must be vaccinated first. Consequently, some weeks after my appointment was given to me, my 23 year old niece and 15 year old nephew received notification of their vaccination dates in October

'Thai people must be vaccinated first.'

 

That's a standard and totally erroneous answer.

 

Age and state of health are the primary factors.

 

I suggest approaching your local district health office if you are over 60.

 

As you can see some people are already getting their second dose.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chris.B said:

How do you do your shopping then?

 

No worries shopping when you wear a proper n-95 mask, keep your distance, wash your hands after.

        Studies say that to get the virus it takes one hour of being confined in a smaller room with an infected person or persons to get a large enough dose of the virus to make you sick.

The 4 ds of your odds of getting Covid 19

#1 Density number of people in the room

#2 Duration number of hours spent in room

#3 Dimensions number of square feet and ceiling height of the room

#4 Draft the amount of fresh air entry/speed of air flow

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

Studies say that to get the virus it takes one hour of being confined in a smaller room with an infected person or persons to get a large enough dose of the virus to make you sick.

That surprises me no end and I gotta be honest, I find that rather hard to believe................If true, that's good news for the classroom as lessons are usually between 30 and 40 mins depending....................

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bojo said:

That surprises me no end and I gotta be honest, I find that rather hard to believe................If true, that's good news for the classroom as lessons are usually between 30 and 40 mins depending....................

A lot of the really big clusters have been found in places like factories and prisons etc where those 4 ds have been prevalent. Too many people in a confined space for too long with no ventilation. Recipe for contagion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 8:32 AM, mrjohn said:

Consider yourself lucky.

I'm still waiting for my first one. (Korat)

Went into the vaccination centre on Monday and was told I would have to wait a minimum of two weeks!

In Udon Thani, and friends in Khonkaen have had 2 x Phizer, efficient and Covid certificate given on day through Morprom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mommysboy said:

'Thai people must be vaccinated first.'

 

That's a standard and totally erroneous answer.

 

Age and state of health are the primary factors.

 

I suggest approaching your local district health office if you are over 60.

 

As you can see some people are already getting their second dose.

I have had 2 Pfiser my Thai wife 45 has  had nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...