Pfizer vaccines were freely available. YESTERDAY :D

fdsa

FYI the Pfizer vaccines were available yesterday in Central Phuket Floresta as live queue "first come first served" without any prior pre-registration, without any medical conditions, for any age (not above 60 or 40). I was told about it today when it was too late.

Then I've checked on Central Festival website - nothing about vaccines, and nothing on Central Festival facebook page, and in Google search.

How would I find about vaccines being given out if I not roam around Phuket daily, visiting every single hospital and large mall just to check for vaccine queues?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had been trying desperately to get vaccinated, getting broken web sites, or ones that would not SUBMIT, or that ran out of appointments 5 minutes after the site opened, or that crashed two minutes after opening, or that said "Falang. Falang cannot. Only Thai." in the fine print,or called you at the last minute and cancelled, or no response at all ever, or .....

The 14th thing I tried was an apparently well written website,, where everything worked, and a couple days later an SMS told me to go to Vachira hospital (the main government hospital on the island) on September 9, apparently a one day affair. I picked 10 a.m., and everything went smoothly (except the 9 a.m. appointments ran a little overtime). I left with a first dose of Pfizer and an appointment for October 3. I thought the Vachira staff were pleasant, professional, and well organized.

Last week I got an SMS, apparently because of one of the three Bangkok Phuket Hospital offers I tried that did not work. The mini-URL in it (which now responds "Dynamic Link Not Found") had radio buttons to pick an appointment time on Wednesday October 22 and a SUBMIT button. I asked a Thai friend to call the phone number in the SMS. He said that he was told that the organization behind the SMS was the same as the one that set up the Vachira session, but different, and that they told him that I should just ignore the SMS from last week. Which I did. Hopefully I am still on the list for Vachira on 21-10-03.

If one of the BHP programs finally got things sorted out and was finally ready to do vaccinations, but was by reservation only, no walk-ins allowed, then you are not likely to have seen it advertised anywhere. How many people had given up on them by then and blew off the Wednesday session, that someone else might have been glad to have? Well, T.I.T.

strange.png

I was there around 1:30 yesterday, and surprised at the number there. Not huge crowds, but it took almost 2 hours until my number allowed me to join the queue inside the mall. There was a stocky woman with a megaphone yesterday shouting (around 3pm) "Do not call your friends to come. Enough people already."

They kind of created a potential problem by not checking anyone's appointment notification when they turned up at the car park. They just said, "Vaccine? Sticker!" So, I am sure there were more than a few people who did not apply online a few weeks back. 

There seems to be a sudden glut of Pfizer Vaccine around-- I had 2 shots , for a farang its seems easier to get either Pfizer or AZ.

You just explain that you will be returning home -"sometime"-

and your country doesn't recognize Sinovac / Sinopharm/ SputnikV/Yabba/ ZF2001 etc . etc

I also registered 2 or 3 weeks before for the pfizer jab at central on Wednesday.

I only found out as I saw it by chance in all the spam rubbish they send to me in the LINE app.

I keep it because you can actually make appointments and stuff through LINE.

Anyway saw it by chance. It linked to a google document to register. It appeared to only be for people with work permits and perhaps preexisting conditions but then come vax day they wern't checking any of that as someone else said.

I saw people randomly walk by and notice the crowd then ask for it and get given a queue sticker.

There were the 2 weeks leading up where I was checking the forums and checking the well knows phuket news outlets looking for some info as the hospital provided basically none. Oh and checking the hospital webpage, LINE and facebook. Nothing anywhere about it.

I feel as if they are trying to make it exclusive but then give it out to anyone who wants it when they have a batch.

11 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s all a disorganized mess in many respects, although the actual process of getting vaccinated once inside and in a queue, appears fine. From what I have read and heard, plus my own experience, that is the case in many centers. Inside organized, outside chaos.

stop bashing people who are trying to save your life.      your a whinger 

• Like 1