Immigration say their systems are secure - deny any of 106 million tourists' data breach was theirs

webfact

If immigration didn't leak this huge dataset themselves, it's very obvious that they gave it to another department or company that subsequently leaked it. That this dataset originated at immigration cannot be denied. 

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The IB said that their systems were completely secure and that they work with the DES ministry to ensure that.

Yeah, completely secure.

Saw two passport pages of a foreigner girl on the flipsite of the "Do not overstay" form they gave me last time at Chaengwattana...

She looked cute. Should I go back there and ask for her phone number? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

DES ministry

That's reassuring. Then absolutely nothing can go wrong. I'll sleep so much better tonight knowing that. 

Edited by djayz

So where did the data come from? It was government stored data.  No other database held that record.  But at some point in time that data was leaked.  It was leaked from government databases.  Where else?  Nobody else needed the data of every foreigner entering Thailand.  Did they? 

So where did the data come from? It was government stored data.  No other database held that record.  But at some point in time that data was leaked.  It was leaked from government databases.  Where else?  Nobody else needed the data of every foreigner entering Thailand.  Did they? 

It sounds like Chinese CCP logic when denying blatantly obvious faults.

4 hours ago, Ty Hareways said:

To be fair to immigration i did hear (from a good source) that Burmese fishermen were to blame for this fiasco.

It's just as well they hand-sprayed a few yards of the jungle border area with disinfectant then. And newbs will think I'm joking!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Is there a university in Thailand where Thais can graduate with a BA degree.....

Bachelor of A$$holes?

The current incumbent in charge didn't go to university he went to military academy, hence why he knows nothing along with quite a few others.

22 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Remember when Chiang Mai immigration were photocopying their forms on the back of photocopies of other visitors passport bio data pages? 

Pepperidge Farm do. 

At Chaengwattana in Bangkok they probably still do it.

Edited by StayinThailand2much