Erosion Problem - Do they do mud jacking here in Thailand?

The rain has washed out a small section of soil underneath the cement slab that is our driveway.  In the USA there is a process called mud jacking where a high pressure hose injects cement underneath cement slabs.  It is used at times to raise houses that have settled and level them.   I know I can fill the hole with cement but you can not see how far back the hole goes or how deep it is.  If cement could be forcibly injected in the hole so that it was completely filled, it would stop the slab from sinking and eventually cracking. 

Anyone know of a service such as this, or have other ideas on how to fix the hole underneath the driveway cement slab? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Anyone know of a service such as this, or have other ideas on how to fix the hole underneath the driveway cement slab? 

I had a similar problem. Land eroded a bit ( house on slight slope ) and the driveway cracked . House also sank down an inch but fortunately not just in 1 corner. Just a gradual tilt across front receding to nothing at the back.

The solution was to have the offending section of the drive broken up , new rebar laid , rebar driven 1 inch into house post projecting out into the base for more support. Then have cement delivered and re poured. This was done 15 months ago and since the re pour everything is ok. Total cost was 7,500 baht. Well worth the money spent.

P_20200728_123259.jpg

P_20200728_130313.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Denim said:

I had a similar problem. Land eroded a bit ( house on slight slope ) and the driveway cracked . House also sank down an inch but fortunately not just in 1 corner. Just a gradual tilt across front receding to nothing at the back.

The solution was to have the offending section of the drive broken up , new rebar laid , rebar driven 1 inch into house post projecting out into the base for more support. Then have cement delivered and re poured. This was done 15 months ago and since the re pour everything is ok. Total cost was 7,500 baht. Well worth the money spent.

P_20200728_123259.jpg

P_20200728_130313.jpg

That seems like a very thin layer of cement, based on the photos, how thick is it?

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Longwood50 said:

The rain has washed out a small section of soil underneath the cement slab that is our driveway. 

I don't know how great the area is.
Use 1 meter (depends on debt of soft soil is) post/posts along the driveway. Try to push a post/posts (3x3) under the slab where, the other end over the post in the ground. Then fill it up by concrete over posts and under slab.

21 minutes ago, khunPer said:

That seems like a very thin layer of cement, based on the photos, how thick is it?

22 minutes ago, khunPer said:

The pedestrian part where the guy in the blue shirt and hat is standing was 8 cm thick.

The drive itself varied. From  15 cm where the ground had sunk to 10 cm where the broom is leaning.

Around the corner post 13 cm.

So far so good one year on. But time will tell.

On 9/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Longwood50 said:

mud jacking where a high pressure hose injects cement underneath cement slabs. 

I'm also hoping someone knows of a company doing this in Thailand. @Longwood50Let me know if you ever get a yes answer, where and who. The other comments where nice, but won't solve 'my' problem., and maybe not yours either.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

The pedestrian part where the guy in the blue shirt and hat is standing was 8 cm thick.

The drive itself varied. From  15 cm where the ground had sunk to 10 cm where the broom is leaning.

Around the corner post 13 cm.

So far so good one year on. But time will tell.

Thanks for your reply.

To my knowledge a steel reinforced cement deck here in Thailand is normally 10 cm thick, often with another 5-10 cm on top for tiles, around posts 20 cm.

But the thickness of your deck might me Okay with 8 cm on pedestrian part and 10 on driveway.

To stop rainwater to undermine a cement driveway a rainwater rail at the sides is used, in the part of Thailand where I live.

I might have some photos, but it's was faster to just find something similar from Google...

130689676-roadside-drainage-system-tray-

Where I live we especially have the problems with sloping driveways and roads up the hills. If there is no drain at the sides - it don't need to be big as in the shown photo, and it's best if it's little deeper down than the cement deck, i.e. bottom of drain 10-20 cm under deck's surface - the roads will collapse after just one or two rainy seasons, but if made with proper drain they last for ages...????

On 9/25/2021 at 1:43 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

I'm also hoping someone knows of a company doing this in Thailand. @Longwood50Let me know if you ever get a yes answer, where and who. The other comments where nice, but won't solve 'my' problem., and maybe not yours either.

You are correct.  It would be nice to hear if that sort of service is available in Thailand or not.  Perhaps the cement companies might know.