More than 1 million COVID-19 jabs given in Thailand on Friday

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Awesome Thailand, UK/US  never got even close to this percentage of the population in one day. Makes me proud to be Thai, but felt <deleted> after my vaccine on Friday.  

Can't believe there are two negative Normans complaining already. 

I am surprised that if you have been using this site, you haven’t noticed that it is full of negative Normans.

Yet despite their complaints and negatively towards everything Thai, they choose to stay rather than return to their Utopian homeland.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A record number of more than one million COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered on Mahidol Day yesterday, during which the booster shot program for people previously vaccinated with inactivated virus vaccines commenced.

It has been said that vaccines have been held back to make sure Fridays number looked good...

but who am I to pee on the governments special day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Was the subcutaneous method used?

thai authorities claim that 25% of a normal dose is required, and that it gives super-duper results.

I saw that it was used in Phuket for AZ for the record-setting day.  https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-begins-new-vaccine-injection-method-81511.php

Super results as far as numbers go maybe.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A record number of more than one million COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered on Mahidol Day yesterday, during which the booster shot program for people previously vaccinated with inactivated virus vaccines commenced.

very confusing reports but shouldn't/wouldn't expect anything better from this "good for nothing" government.....

Were the supposed more than 1 million vaccines administered as new first doses or it also included second doses and booster shots

what are you confused about @flexomike??? why you have problems with my posts, every single one regardless of the subject is confused to you, I did placed you on the ignored list and somehow youi managed to get thru the holes

Edited by Mavideol
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

1,000,000 doses = 2000 at 500 different places. Over a period of 10 hours that is 200 per hour given by say 6 doctors/nurses = 33 doses per hour per doctor = one every two minutes, NON STOP for 10 hours at 500 places. Possible or not?

are you talking about Thailand and their love for work and organizatkion,.... nahhhhh, no way Jose  555

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

When the regime predicted they would administer more than 1 mm doses you can be darn sure the published figure will be greater than 1 mm.

that's how the manage to convince some skeptics about their estimates  555

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

1,000,000 doses = 2000 at 500 different places. Over a period of 10 hours that is 200 per hour given by say 6 doctors/nurses = 33 doses per hour per doctor = one every two minutes, NON STOP for 10 hours at 500 places. Possible or not?

Yes, possible. Just a question of organization. Bangkok Hospital Pattaya vaccinated elderly people in Central Festival throughout last week, in two-hourly batches (as confirmed by SMS), and they had certainly more than 6 doctors/nurses there. Younger locals like my fiancé went to local vaccination camps on the Dark Side of Pattaya before. So we are all vaccinated now. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

It has been said that vaccines have been held back to make sure Fridays number looked good...

but who am I to pee on the governments special day.

Why even hold back vaccinations until  friday, when you can just hold back reporting the vaccination numbers? Just like it has often been happening with reporting of other Covid 19 numbers.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Please don't get me wrong, I am grateful that I am now fully vaccinated with Astrazeneca but cancelling appointments with no notice just to make up numbers on another day seems pointless to me and inconvenienced many people.

I should also add that a Thai doctor stood up for my right to get the vaccine after a couple of people were a little loud voicing that farangs shouldn't be getting a shot, pointing out that I live here and everybody is eligible.

Great, but surprised to hear that about some Thais voicing their disdain. 

Maybe you were inconvenienced but it was more convenient for those of us who work.

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I am surprised that if you have been using this site, you haven’t noticed that it is full of negative Normans.

Yet despite their complaints and negatively towards everything Thai, they choose to stay rather than return to their Utopian homeland.

Many of their exotic tropical birds have turned into pigeons, and they are stuck with a villa in Nakhon Gawdai that can only be sold to the next newbie to come along. 

29 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Are you really that deluded ?

The UK and the US are open for business , Thailand is boasting that it MIGHT be , sometime in the new year !

If you really think that a 2 bob bit of sleight of hand , cancelling vaccines for a week to create a record on a single day , is laudable , then frankly you have problems.

If you really were a proud Thai , you would question the relevance of picking that particular date, consider who it was intended to benefit, then perhaps reflect on why the vaccine rollout was such a disaster in the first place 

Sadly I am pretty certain this plus 1m per day vaccine rhetoric will continue for weeks…Friday was simply the kick off…there will be many days now where they claim over 1m vaccines per day…would not be surprised if they claim 2m at some point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Not when you have to have a bowl of noodles every hour. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Sadly I am pretty certain this plus 1m per day vaccine rhetoric will continue for weeks…Friday was simply the kick off…there will be many days now where they claim over 1m vaccines per day…would not be surprised if they claim 2m at some point.

The entire numbers game is infantile , what matters is getting the job done effectively.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Many of their exotic tropical birds have turned into pigeons, and they are stuck with a villa in Nakhon Gawdai that can only be sold to the next newbie to come along. 

That is true , though you neglect to say that a good percentage have had their livelihoods eroded or destroyed as a result of government incompetence and inertia.

As for the several million , now unemployed and destitute , Thai people , where are they to go ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

That is true , though you neglect to say that a good percentage have had their livelihoods eroded or destroyed as a result of government incompetence and inertia.

As for the several million , now unemployed and destitute , Thai people , where are they to go ?

I was talking about the Thai bashing expat, I think the majority of the moaners are not working anymore, and on a pension. 

• Like 1

I wonder what their percentage breakdown of different vaccines—both for today’s numbers, and year to date?

Venturing a guess:

60% Sinovac (purchased)

30% AstraZeneca (purchased)
8% Sinopharm (purchased)

1.4% Pfizer (donated)

0.55% Johnson & Johnson (donated)

0.04% Moderna (?)
0.01% other (?)

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Really? The place I went had been busy all week. Thailand really has excelled in the vaccine rollout, especially after a poor start due to corruption. 

Even the Moderna is coming on time. 

Excelled? Please!!!  Compare to Israel and UK before you use words like "excelled"

I get that you're proud, but this is only catching up on what should have happened months ago if the leaders had been competent.

I'm afraid that they've actually excelled at political "spin".

Having said that, I AM very pleased to see people finally getting their jabs.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Awesome Thailand, UK/US  never got even close to this percentage of the population in one day. Makes me proud to be Thai, but felt <deleted> after my vaccine on Friday.  

In one day. What about the other 364 days?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

Why even hold back vaccinations until  friday, when you can just hold back reporting the vaccination numbers? Just like it has often been happening with reporting of other Covid 19 numbers.

Because when you quote a million people in one day, the vaccination stations need to appear full.

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Just look at the UK with 10 times more deaths than Thailand. Trump Clone Boris Johnson obsessed with brexit ignores the pandemic. The hyproxity of brits on this forum bashing Thailand when their own country fares so badly is pathetic

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1