More than 1 million COVID-19 jabs given in Thailand on Friday

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

but imagine how extra proud you would be if the vaccination programme in thailand had gone as well as, for example, in the uk

The UK started much earlier due to the virus being spread by people not wearing masks, but I get what you are saying. 

I feel quite proud of the ones in the UK who are resisting the vaccine.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Although a member of the Royal family was mentioned in the OP does not give approval to discuss the Royal family, a post has been removed as per the following:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family is above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

3 hours ago, gamini said:

Just look at the UK with 10 times more deaths than Thailand. Trump Clone Boris Johnson obsessed with brexit ignores the pandemic. The hyproxity of brits on this forum bashing Thailand when their own country fares so badly is pathetic

Lol what is pathetic is your ridiculous whataboutery , you appear to think , much like the administration you slavishly defend , that we are all morons.

Corruption , incompetence and infantile propaganda are plain to see , only deluded fools or shills are blind to the obvious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The UK started much earlier due to the virus being spread by people not wearing masks, but I get what you are saying. 

I feel quite proud of the ones in the UK who are resisting the vaccine.

I suppose that when has no case , trolling is the only resort , not particularly adult though is it.

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Awesome Thailand, UK/US  never got even close to this percentage of the population in one day. Makes me proud to be Thai

Did the UK/US ever decide that they needed to try and get whatever percentage doses done in one day as a PR stunt?  This comparison is meaningless if they never wanted to do it.  I think, if anything, the need for Thailand to do this for no reason but to show off is a negative thing (it's not like they're going to keep it at that level).  You're kind of being sucked into the PR exercise designed to make you forget how bad the vaccine roll out has been in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The UK started earlier due to ordering and receiving vaccines much earlier.  Thailand could have ordered them sooner also.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2

Comparing vaccination numbers to your home country is pretty lame at this point.    Good day for Thailand and looks like the vaccinations are more widespread than just the tourist areas.  Lots of reports of foreigners get vaccines in out of the way provinces!  

The Thais like to do things in a big way on their auspicious days, and the million jab day was certainly an auspicious day.  Expats may not get the concept, but it is another Thai thing.

Fun country to visit, confusing to live in. I still enjoy the roti and other healthy Thai food.

I will be happy when the COVID pandemic is finally under control and all people are vaccinated.

Geezer

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Yes and easy to achieve if you cut back and cancel vaccinations for the previous four days.

Look at the numbers for the previous days.

The weekly numbers I see lately are better than the UK maintained......

14 hours ago, Bobydog said:

The principal wording is Doses, vaccine, Covid 19 etc, so were they getting rid of all the Sinovac in that massive effort or using other Vaccines

I suspect a high percentage is Sinovac. The Thais I know seem to all have had #1 as Sinovac, #2 as AZ. 

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

1,000,000 doses = 2000 at 500 different places. Over a period of 10 hours that is 200 per hour given by say 6 doctors/nurses = 33 doses per hour per doctor = one every two minutes, NON STOP for 10 hours at 500 places. Possible or not?

Where did you get 500 different places? 

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The UK started earlier due to ordering and receiving vaccines much earlier.  Thailand could have ordered them sooner also.

Why on Earth would they order vaccines when there were no cases, despite being the first country to get Covid outside China?

• Haha 2

On 9/25/2021 at 6:52 PM, Neeranam said:

Awesome Thailand, UK/US  never got even close to this percentage of the population in one day. Makes me proud to be Thai, but felt <deleted> after my vaccine on Friday.  

Can't believe there are two negative Normans complaining already. 

Really?  You're impressed about numbers?  How about some real ones then?

The US ramped-up to 4 million+ jabs a day, six months ago, then settled-down to 1 million jabs a day, EVERY DAY.  Even now, the US is averaging 715,000 jabs a day, free to anyone, and "walk-ins" are welcome.

• Like 1