Thailand bets on Diwali season & Indians to boost its tourism

webfact

5 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Someday, someone is going to clue in on the idea that perhaps they should focus on the foreigners that are living here already to stimulate the domestic tourism market instead of dreaming up schemes to attract this group or another from other lands. We would love to go places but don't want to put up with the hassles, so we are kept waiting.

Treat us as the local residents that we are, and give us a reason to go somewhere. We want places that are open without curfews or jail time, to have a drink with meals or a beer on the beach, see some national parks that are open, no covid testing requirements every few days, easy convenient flights between provinces without provincial quarantine so we can get around, and drop the useless 90 day reporting once and for all.

Did I miss something?

You are already here and of no interest to them.  

• Like 1

So Thailand will become rich again with the Indian tourists as they sit outside 7/11 sharing a beer between 3 of them , i will never forget about 26 years ago in my room in BKK ,hearing a banging on my door and on opening it a young woman begging to be let in ,it seems an Indian guy had paid the bar fine ,but on getting back to his room she found two more just waiting for their share ,she ran.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

If, Maybe, Perhaps, should be, Chances are, Possible, Wait and see, Might happen, You can take that to the bank. We seem to hear all these sayings and more, but only when it comes to Tourism or Vaccines.

At long last the plane full of the rich Indians that TAT allowed to take off and come to save the country has been given clearance to land … It’s only been 18 months in the air … … Maybe it’s been ….. Somewhere over a rainbow

• Haha 1

Not withstanding that India has it's own problems, the country is not exactly top of the pops when it comes to wealthy tourists.

Perhaps they should work out how much revenue is being pumped into the economy by way of expats who reside here, they might just see it's a substantial amount worth cultivating.

But this requires common sense and the ability to be realistic.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Important word there is 'IF', and nobody - not even Indians - are booking flights and hotels on 'ifs' , 'maybes' and 'mights' 

If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there would be nothing left for tinkers.